University of Phoenix-Online Campus

« See more reviews of University of Phoenix-Online Campus

Thus far my vocabulary has significantly expanded. In addition, I have obtained general knowledge allowing me to fluently participate in educated conversations amongst my peers. Prior to attending college this was something I found myself lacking in. My writing skills have developed into one of a college educated individual. This has recently assisted me with composing a resume and cover letter for job applications. Also with composing essays for scholarship applications. Being a college student has also tought me to be well organized. This seems to be half the battle with attending school. For example, if all things have a place it saves me time finding them, remembering assignments, and loyality to being timely for classes. I am proud of my current accomplishments achieved through my collegiate experiences. Attending Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida opened the door for me to meet many individuals, developing lifetime friendships. I treasure the valuable relationships developed. Completing college will provide me with superior employment opportunties versus one that will not further their education. All these values combined have made me a well-rounded individual , and one day I will attain a career in my desired field of interest.

Concerning the preparation and transition into college, there is no greater tool than simple awareness. Realization and utilization of the tools and resources available to you even now is critical. To not do so would be to do a great disservice to only yourself. To be entirely honest with you, the transition will not be easy, and it will be tough to acclimate yourself. Even so, there are numerous things you can do now to ease the transition and ensure your success in college. Consider whether you would like to commute from home or move away. Find a school appropriate to your goals. Find out all the information you can regarding what to expect to ensure you do not feel overwhelmed. Talk to your guidance counselor. Talk to students attending institutions of plausible attendance. Look into clubs and extracurricular activities. Research scholarship opportunities. Research available career paths in your desired field and major. Look into campus lifestyles most suitable to you and your interests. Most importantly, however, don't settle for less than what you can achieve, which is considerably more than you may think. Focus, and enjoy yourself; for no other experience is equally rewarding as it is challenging.

The advice to myself as a senior, knowing what I know is to plan and make an educational and a financial map for the next four years. Prepare by searching out every grant available and make a budget. Make sure before applying for a school to check the schools scholarship opportunities; some applications must be turned in before applying to the school. Attend a regionally accredited community college and then transfer to a university. Attending a community college first a smoother transition into college and cost less, therefore the grant money will cover for more classes. Furthermore, sell the books back immediately upon completing the class and reward yourself with that money by buying the book for the next class or a school sweater. Maintain the best GPA possible; this will help to qualify for more grant money when needed. Keep persistent making college a priority. Only get one credit card. Use it sparingly to build credit and for emergencies. Do not apply for department store credit. Reference and update the educational and financial map to stay focused. This financial map will help you graduate incurring less debt. Most important it will give you direction on your educational journey.

Due to an increasingly busy work schedule culminating in a period of unemployment, I was able to keep my mind focused toward alternative ideas based on the coursework throughout the workday, I continued to engage myself with meaningful endeavours after being released from employment, and I have set the stage to continue in my educational pursuits that will enable my return to the workforce in a more profitable and palatable position suitable for myself and the needs of my family. I was fortunate to work clerical duties for the senior commander of my local military base upon recovering from surgery due to wounds I endured during my combat tour in Iraq. Despite the heavy workload, I was grateful to be proving my continued usefulness while enhancing my career opportunities through online college course. The courses further piqued my interest to learn more and use that learning toward my daily tasks to generate alternate methods of completing the tasks in an efficient manner. Furthermore, now with my Bachelor's degree in Psychology I can attend graduate school for a Master's in Counseling Psychology, be commissioned as an officer in the United States Army, and serve as a Clinical Pscyhologist.

I have gotten out a lot in my college experience. Business skills, leadership, and communication; however, are my main goals that I have achieved during my time at this college. I have learned how to communicate with people in having a social life with other people while in college. Team assignments creates diverse ideas and innovations o being a team player. Learning as a team; however, has made me a better person with communicating in marketing. Currently that I learned from University of Phoenix in business. I was able to operate an online financial planning business. Websites, business cards, and advertisements; moreover, is how I market my business online. This is compared to all of the effective training that I am learning while at University of Phoenix Online campus. My website is www.financailsuccessor.com. University of Phoenix has driven me to be independent in my entrepreneurship in business. By learning online while I complete my business degree, I am able to use my college experience in my everyday in independency. I am in need of this scholarship to create financial success. Once I receive this scholarship to pay for my college, I will spread wealth and prosperity.

The value of the college experience has certainly transcended my expectations from when I applied and attended as soon as my senior year of high school was completed. The opportunities available to me were alien in comparison to the lifestyle during my years of high school; the liberation of an adult setting was a fruitful and well-received accomodation that contributed to my overall success over this two year period in community college. As a math major, I have frequently drifted far from my college's limited teachings in the various math subjects available and sought to teach myself these subjects without an instructor. In the inevitable times when I become stuck in a certain area of study, I have relied upon the time and memory of professors of mine to clear my confusions; certainly, without the inspiration of this handful of instructors, I would not be as knowledgeable in my field as I am to date. I am currently employed at my college for math and physics tutoring, which has rewarded me with an amateur understanding of teaching while simultaneously giving me a stricter understanding of the material. In summary, my college experience has been rich and utterly beneficial.

I have my own foundation, the Nguyen's Foundation LLC, as a result of my appreciation for learning about inequity social and economic opportunities of the poor people around the world through writting my research papers. My foundation is my tool to give back to the hopeless youths and adults through increasing community events' attendances by providing free Professional Audio Equipment Rentals and Photography. I have learned enough about Corporate Marketing and their sole objective to profit is to exploit the poor and uneducated people. I have learned that the true definitions of Ethics in America are unrealistics and are the matter of perceptions. My education had taught me to submit myself to God and giving out my first purchased 80 bibles to people whom are hopeless as gifts and as a reminder to the true definitions of the words Ethic, Humane, Charitable, Kindness, Sharing, Faith, and Hope. My education also remind me that having HOPE or being hopeful is the only miracle that everybody who is falling down needs to fuel their next move. Competitions often generated losers and relgions often saved some of these loser and motivate them to be resourcesful not winner.

If I were to go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior desirous of transitioning to college life, I would say, "believe in oneself, use time wisely and confront your apprehensions." Believing in oneself is pivotal to living a successful life. Many persons today desire to go to university, however, first believing that you have the capacity to be great will start a chain reaction in one's pursuit of that personal dream. Additionally, effective use of one's time as while in university is key. Time management develops overtime and must be applied to every facet of one's life. How one uses time at home, work and school requres a careful balance to ensure nothing is left undone or inadequately addressed. This is where having a schedule for EVERY day becomes important to ensure efficiency as an individual. As a high school senior, this practice should begin NOW! You will have apprehension of this new environment and new level of education, however, find creative ways to overcome those fears. Visit the campus before the semester begins, take classes the summer before and connect with those who have been and currently are in university.

I have been educated with more detail on how anyone can attend college and should never discard a dream of doing so. I have experienced the thoroughness and professionalism of staff members through this university with help enrolling, applying for student loans and financial aid, help with navigating through each individual course, keeping open lines of communication on my courses and requirements of myself as a student, and true compassion from every staff member who has entered my life during this experience. I have met people from many enthnic and cultural backgrounds who are very interesting, educated, helpful, and supportive to myself as well as my fellow students. I have become more computer literate, have had a sea of resources provided for my educational needs as well as given directions on how to find resources for future prospective jobs within my field of choice. The course instructors have been from diverse backgrounds with a life time of experiences in the work force as well as in education. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience thus far and would recommend anyone who has a similar situation to get a college education it is never too late.

From my educational experience with the online branch of the University of Phoenix I have learned the importance of technology in the advancing world. Attending school online has been valuable by opening my eyes to new opportunities in the world around me. The online availability of this school made it possible for me to attend an educational program; I am grateful to this university for this reason. This school has bettered my writing ability and taught me the importance of a schedule while demonstrating lessons and assignments through a thorough and timely manner. I enjoy the having the opportunity to get straight out of bed and work on my assignments without the hassle of calling a transportation service to drive me into town to attend the university in town that does not provide married housing. This school has given me the opportunity at a head start towards a better future for my husband and I and our future family. This school has helped to shape me into a better person by providing me with such high quality education and outstanding academic help. Each day I look forward to learning something new in my classes that will apply in my future.