University of Phoenix-Online Campus

« See more reviews of University of Phoenix-Online Campus

I believe the most frustrating thing I've experience with my school so far is the lack of being able to build personal relationships with the professors and your peers. I believe my online learning experience would be a lot better if I was able to interact with my peers as well as build relationships with the professors. Sharing certain thoughts and ideas and discussing certain issues or debating points seem to me that it would make the learning experience broader. Having input from others and sharing personal experiences seem to me like it would help diversify my learning experience.

Inability to access the online campus. Being a full-time mother and wife, retired military member, and disabled veteran who works full time at the Veterans Administration my time is valuable. Schools should ensure they have the resources to prevent down time for students, especially when assignments are due. Additionally, the school library is a great resource when it works, when the system fails one finds articles he/she believes will relate to research only to find there is no link to the actual document. This has required that I obtain an account with Questia so I can research.

The independence that come with distant learning courses can be frustrating at times. But it is the best part of education to me it really nurtures your problem solving skills. Like a gift and a curse. You know when you are working on a class assingment at 2am you may not be able to reach your teacher but given the many online forums that UoP has you may find a student online at the same time as you yoou swap number or set your web cams and boom instant tutoring session and a B in Math115.

The most frustrating thing about my school is nothing. I find the experience and education level awesome. I really never thought of going any place else. University Of Phoenix is on my top list of colleges to attend. I really thinking about getting my Masters and PHD, because I really enjoy the students, professors, financial counselors and the challenging of working hard. No frustrations about my school. I would love to meet each and every person who I started with in the beginning and will be ending with, just to say thanks for the lessons and experience. Go to UOP.

The most frustrating part is the learning teams in the Bachelor's program. The frustrating part is when you are in a learning team that is comprised of teammates that do not do their work, use poor grammar, or even plaggirze their work. Always check your teammates work both in WritePoint and the plagiarism checker. Another frustrating part is the lack of communication between teammates and the excuses they will use when they are late with their work. Always be the team leader and keep the team as a cohesive unit. have a strong team charter.

The most frustrating aspect to the online UoP campus has to do with the reading. There is typically a large amount of reading to do and relatively little homework. I have had more than one professor tell me not to read all the assigned reading because there is so much. Usually I find out what the learning objectives are for each week and read up on those, skipping or skimming the rest of the content. This was completely counter-productive for my Accounting degree which I later switched because I did not understand the advanced material.

Most people thrive on physical interaction with other people. Being an online student, the ability to interact with other students is completely different than in a traditional brick and mortar campus. Online we can email, post, and call each other - but unless you happen to be lucky enough to live near someone in your class, you don't get to sit around and socialize, have physical study groups, or get to know other students very well. When you choose to do courses online, this is just something you have to understand and accept.

I have just started my school year just a week ago so far there has been no frustrations. However like many other student I am frustrated by filling out applications, scholarships, and finical aid. I also had problems figuring out how and when I am going to pay for my education. The hardest thing right now is that I am having trouble learning how the online system operates there are many things that we need to post at many different page. The other important thing is that I am having trouble managing my study time and my free time.

The learning teams are difficult because of the time zone differences between team members, lack of responsibility of some team members, and uneven levels of member contributions. I felt that in most of my classes I had to save the team from missing or not completing an assignment. If we had a live chat forum instead of just a message forum to the learning teams, I think that they would operate better and I would be more satisfied with the process. It is hard to find students who are as motivated, organized, and diligent as I am.

I don't find anything frustrating about the school. I have worked with Academic counselors over the phone. Everyone at The University of Phoenix Axia College has made this experience pretty pain free. I have also started classes this week. You would think that there would be more barriers due to not being able to communicate face-to-face. I have previously attended on campus classes at a University and I like this method of learning better. It requires more participation which allows me to retain more from the subject matter.