University of Phoenix-Online Campus Top Questions

Constance

Student slackers. Yes, I said it, and they know who they are. They exist.

Luis

Having to finish homework in a weekly basis, even during the weekends. It should not be frustating if the work gets done on time.

denise

I am in online school so when I have a question it takes too many days to get a response. All my work is put on hold until I hear from my instructor.

Tehrina

My own anxiety. The instructers can't see my anxiety and therefore are unable to take action to relieve it. I have to acutally contact them and let them know if there is a problem. This is a rare problem, with execption to the last week of each class when I stress about my final grade.

My schooling is completely online. It does take some getting used to . Different deadlines, and havingto rely on the internet so much. I am not sure that it is as frustrating as it could be it just takes some getting used to.

kimberly

I cant find anything that is frustrating about this school.

Teressa

The most frustrating thing for me about UoP is that some of the classes you work as teams so your grade often depends on the input from other students as well as yourself. There is a team legend that is submitted and if you do not fill it out properly stating who is responsible for what then everyone is responsible for everything. the solution to that is to stay on top of everything and all team members. Be proactive.

Bridget

Putting in the time and effort to get the grades that I want.

Nurii

Nothing is very frustrating about my school, however if you are not self disciplined to complete the work ontime it can be stressful. I have self discipline so I enjoy it.

There really hasn't been anything too frustrating that I didn't already know would occur. Being that I am going back to school in an on-line environment, it is sometimes difficult to communicate because there isn't the person-to-person contact, everything is done via phone , email, or class discussions.

Whitley

I really have not had to many problems with this University. The only frustrating thing I have had to worry about was finachial aid. College can be very expensive and the farther you go in school, the more it ends up costing.

Katharine

The only thing I've found thus far is the fact that some people don't want to do their work when working in a group. It is very frustrating because you sometimes have to complete the other person's work for them.

Shawanna

Too high expectation from certain professors.

Brittini

Hard to get in touch with advisors.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the group work required for the bachelor's program. It creates situations where teammates are not pulling an equal share of the workload.

I would not say that I find anything about my school frustrating. The one thing that does take some adjusting to is the time difference. Since Phoenix does not follow Day Light Saving Time, forgetting the time difference once my home state adjust to the time change sometimes makes getting assignments in before the due time a little bit confusing.

The most frustruating thing about my school is the fact that I can not have face to face interaction. I enjoy talking to people and getting to know people. With online school it is hard to get to know people. This is basically the only complaint I have about Phoenix.

The most frustrating thing about my school is because it is an online only school, I do not have the chance to visually see and hear things being explained. I am reading online books and if I have a question or do not understand something in the text, I have to e-mail my instructor and wait for a response.

I would say that the most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that I do not see classmates face to face. We work in learning teams sometimes, but you can't hold classmates you can't see accountable. It's frustrating to have to depend on random people I don't know to get good grades.

christina

all the writing papers

The lack of communication, feeling as is when I have an issue I have to explain two to three times.

Jasma

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be that I could not get credit for submitting my assignments early. They must be submitted within the week. For example. If I am studying week 1's assignments and activites I cannot work on week 2's assignments and turn them in or I will not get credit. I have to wait until week 2 to work on week 2's assignments and activites.

shanna

The attendance policy. I work a full time job and the attendance policy requires students to post 3 discussions on three seperate days of the week which is fusterating becuase I generally like to use my day off from work and spend the entire day doing my assignments so I can concentrate on the class but doing it this way on seperate days I often forget or have to do dicusssion and assignments while at work which leads me to loose focus.

The only thing I really don't like is my classes are picked for me. I would like to be able to choolse which classes I take and when.

The most frustrating thing about my shcool is that they are ridiculed by many people. College is not any different than life. You get out of college the hardwork you put into college and you get out of life the hard work you put into life.

Carl

The most frustrating thing about my school is the condensed coursework. I work full-time as well as attend classes and sometimes I have to budget my time in order to get the important assignments completed. It is also tough sometimes, because it is condensed, to work with a team of people that are all over the country, sometimes the world, to write a collabroative paper or project. Although these are tough or frustrating circumstances, you learn to work globally versus working by yourself or with people that are like you.

Chrystal

The most frustrating thing about the school is that when searching the library you tend to get more information that is sometime not relevent to your assignmwmt, unless you ask for help.

I have not had problems arise and frustrate me. During Gen/147 we learned tips and techniques on stress management. These tools that were given enabled me to effectively manage my time by prioritizng. I have been able to keep up with school, while working and having a life at home. I did not use to do this before starting school here. I am now able to do all and not get overwhelmed.

The most frustrating thing about my school for me is getting the team assignments done in a timely manner with some of my teammates. It is very hard when we are in different states and all have lives to live. With most of us having a full-time job and family to support, getting together online in an organizing way is sometimes hard. When your grade depends on the quality of work that someone else is responsible for it can be quite stressful at times.

Team assignements are the most frustrating part of school. However, if you can get a good team together that you work well with then it becomes much easier. It is also a good experience even though it is tough. In the real world you have to learn to work as a team with all types of individuals. My advice would be figure out who you work well with and form a team by going through classes on the buddy system. It really works.

Tanner

Some courses do not fit to my particular learning style, and in those courses I feel that I would benefit going to a physical campus rather than an online campus.

Some of the teachers don't answer email next day.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Phoenix would be the somewhat limited flexability such as the word count (50-100 words) on a lengthy subject can easily go over 100 words however, if the assignment goes over 100 words points will be deducted.

I think not being able to interact on team assignments is quite frustrating at times. Sometimes if a team member is struggling and I'm the leader, then I would love to be there at their side to help them rather than text them my advice.

Danyona

I most frustrating thing about my school is that it don't offer any extra credit assignments so if you fail an assignment there is no way to make it up.

COURTNEY

The most frustrating thing is that there is no one locally to help me in person.

The most frustrating thing for me is the concern of being able to pay for school. As a state employee where I live I am not paid well at all. In fact my state has been ranked as the lowest paying state in country. I am so very excited about going back to school and being able to get my degree. But I am very afraid that I will not be able to get the necessary funding that I will need to finish my program.

sophia

In all honesty, i do not have any complaints in regards to my current school i am attending.

Eboni

With online classes a student has to be extremely disaplined.

Laurissa

Although I am told that I should only spend about 20 hours a week on school, I am a perfectionist and I spend more than 20 hours. I take meticulous notes on my readings, which often protracts the time I spend. I could also tend to let up on myself regarding grades. An A- is not a legitimate reason to cry. It is okay if I do not maintain my 4.0 GPA.

Geralyn

so far it is going good and the students in the class all help each other. the only thing i don't like is you they do not explain the financial aid to you it just shows outstanding balance.

seprina

There is nothing frustrating about my school i like my school.

The most frustrating thing about my school has actually on been my ability to find the time to do the work. The school itself has actually been fantastic as far as the help and support that everyone from professors and advisors has been concerned.

jocelyn

The most frustrating thing about my school is that is is so easy to allow my distractions to interfere with my schedule. When this happens my needed participatition suffers and i lose grade points.

Some times it is confusing how the instructors word things.

esperanza

I believe the most frustrating thing I've experience with my school so far is the lack of being able to build personal relationships with the professors and your peers. I believe my online learning experience would be a lot better if I was able to interact with my peers as well as build relationships with the professors. Sharing certain thoughts and ideas and discussing certain issues or debating points seem to me that it would make the learning experience broader. Having input from others and sharing personal experiences seem to me like it would help diversify my learning experience.

mae

So far I have actually been amazed at how simple it is doing the online school. So far I don't have anything frustrating or bad to say about it!

It seems like they are always working on system upgrades, so the site is frequently down. You need to get as much information saved on your computer as possible so this doesn't cause delays.

The most frustrating thing about my school is when one's teammates fail to complete their tasks in a timely manner.

The most frustrating thing about attending University of Phoenix online is the method of communication. Because most of the communication that happens in the online classroom is on a forum or through email, there are always wait times when communicating with other students and or your instructor. If you are asking a question regarding an assignment that is due very soon, this can lead to some very frustrating situations.