University of Phoenix-Online Campus

« See more reviews of University of Phoenix-Online Campus

Every step of the way my academic advisor is there for me every step of the way holding my hand and giving me encouragement that I need to keep going when feel that I am at the end of my academic rope. My finance counselor helps me to make the financial aid choices for myself and my situaton; as well as, pointing in the direction of scholarships. UoP has so many ways for students and faculty to connect. One thing I have learned for sure is that their are many ways to communicate.

Before attending University of Phoenix, I wish I had known how quickly a person can become enrolled and begin their classes. I called the University to speak to a counselor regarding my career-choice options and educational goals, before I knew it, I was applying for financial aid and registering for an online orientation class. Three weeks later I found myself beginning my first set of classes. All of this happened before I could reallize that the financial details had not been set. I wish I would have researched different school options as well as schoalarships ahead of time.

I think that it is very important for students to know that staying focused is very important. Each class has specific due dates that students have to keep track of. It is important to keep track of due dates so, that students do not miss any deadlines. Keeping track of deadlines is very important. It is also important to make sure that students communicate with other students when they are working in groups. When working in groups, it is very important for students to continue to communicate with each and every team member in order to get group projects completed.

I thought the only things I would be doing while attending the University of Phoenix is participating with my class, homework, reading, studying and completing tests. I did not know that I needed to put in extra time and effort into my assignments in order to get an astounding grade. I should have been prepared for that, but instead, I let all the work overwhelm me and it stressed me out. I wish I would have known how to manage my time wisely before forgetting to double check my work or being impulsive by turning in my work early.

I wish that I had known that this university offers so many resources to its students. The fear that I had of going to college is that I was not smart enough and that I would fail. Little did I know that this university offers workshops for that classes, as well as live 24/7 tutoring. The instructors are very caring and willing to assist at any time. I encourage anyone that is looking to begin college to research this university and call and speak with someone to help with further questions, I gurantee you won't be disappointed.

One thing I wish I had known before attending University of Phoenix is that thirty of my credits from my Associates degree would be discarded. This would result in me being five credits short of being able to receive $12,500 per semester and I would instead receive $10,500. Due to a tuition increase in November, this amount will not be enough to cover my tuition for the year and will leave me $120 short in August. I will have to pay this out of pocket as well as the fee for my Praxis exam and my fingerprinting clearance.

I wish I would have known myself. I knew what I wanted out of life, and I was selfish about how I wanted to spend not only my time, but my class time also. However, without really exploring my inner feelings about how I was currently spending my time and what the ultimate payoff would really be I was doing myself a great injustice. To know where you are going in life you need to know yourself, pay attention to each and every feeling, want and need. Get a good grasp on who you are and exactlty what you want.

When I graduated high school with attendance honors and ranking in the top fourth of the class, I originally was considering going in the military to increase my knowledge, skills, mindset, strength, and focus to advance myself into college and to earn my college credits. Before my son was born I had wished that if I could go into the past and talk to my high school self and convince her to go into the military but now that I have had my son I am unaware of the ramifications if I would have done that.

As a returning college student, I wish I had known how difficult it is to go back to school. Students hear it all the time from parents and professionals, but we don't really have a full understanding of what they mean. Life gets in the way. I graduated with a degree in Psychology and believed that I would go back to school right away if it wasn't the right field for me. Nine years later, I am finally getting the chance to do that. I wish I had understood to get a second degree right away.

When I originally came to the University of Phoenix I was taking class on campus. I later switched to Online due to a couple life events. I would have liked to have been back on campus for my advanced 400 level courses, however, most the campus classes for the Accounting courses had been phased out and could only be taken online. I wish I had known about the future unavailability of the campus courses before enrolling. If I had, I would likely have chosen a university local to where I live.