Pittsburgh, PA
University of Phoenix-Pittsburgh Campus

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Pittsburgh Campus

Frances

My advice would be to complete the SAT's and apply for traditional schools. Rather then trying to take a break from school, just complete it while i was younger and did not need to work full time . Use the reasouces in the community to help with financial aid to lessen the amount of money i would have to borrow. Knowing how important a college education is to acheive success i would appy myself much more then i did.

The worst thing that has affected me is my finances. I had already attended a 1 year degree program so i already had student loans. When starting at University of Phoenix required me to take more loans out resulting in the possibility of reaching the maximum amount allowed to borrow before i graduate.

The ability to work and attend school full time, Also the class size being much smaller then a "normal" college.

Parminderjit

My classmates were engaged in the classroom activities, and were always willing to share their thoughts and expertise inside and outside the classroom.

I would give myself four primary pieces of advice. First, I would encourage myself to seek out more scholarships and grant opportunities. From listening to friends, I've now learned that individuals are very willing to help fund education for driven students, you just have to take the time to seek out the funds. Second, I would encourage myself to be more purposeful with the activities that I was engaged in. I was very involved thorughout my undergraduate studies in Theatre, Business Associations, Educational Associations, and Sports Extracurriculars. I wish I would've taken the time to focus on networking with specific organizations and to develop the skills that would've helped direct me toward the nonprofit and entertainment industries that I was interested in. Third, I would've studied abroad at least twice while in school and developed a fluency in another language rather than just becoming proficient. Fluency in two languages would've broaden my opportunities in terms of international development. Lastly, I give myself a pat on the back for having four internships during my undergraduate career. These internships were an integral part of my admittance in The Vanguard Group's Leadership Program.

I need to correct my college entry, but could go back to edit my survey. I went to Univ of Pittsburgh. The most frustrating issue was regarding Pitt's undergraduate career services at the business school. Most companies who attended career fairs were a part of the financial or retail industries. There were few to zero companies from the non profit or entertainment industries, two industries that I would've been most interested in.

University of Phoenix-Pittsburgh Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.