Sacramento, CA
University of Phoenix-Sacramento Valley Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Sacramento Valley Campus

Zaferin

My overall opinion of the University of Phoenix- Sacramento Valley Campus is the staff is very friendly. The campus is very clean and everyone seems to be in a good mood all the time. We have individual assignments and team assignments all throughout my time at this college. The professors are very professional they are available through e-mail and before and after class. The assignments are easy to do like I said before we have individual assignments and group assignments. The classes are not that long only lasts 4 hours and you will need to go to class once a week. But, it takes hard work and dedication because you will get a lot of homework throughout that specific week as well as team assignments that you have to work together to complete by a certain time. The only negative thing I really have to say about this college is, it is very expensive and sometimes the classes are not accreditable if you want to transfer to another college or a University.

mechele

Dear Self, I am as certain as you are that you know everything and that you have planned out for your future as a college student. Listen! You will not die if you move away from home for your first year of college. You will not die if you stay home and attend a junior college your first year. However, your dreams will die if you sit around and do nothing! So get up and get out there. If you want to continue as a student athlete, then by all means, do it! If you choose the Arts over athletics then that is fine too. Just take your time, research your school options, research careep options as well. Enjoy life. Truth is, most college students don't really know what they want or how to get it until their mid-20s. Do not stress yourself. Live and enjoy your life!

UoP is a school for everyone. It doesn't matter if you are a working adult or a young adult fresh out of high school, UoP has a program in mind for you. The courses are accelerated which allows you to finish in less time. The UoP has a hybrid program allowing students and educators to spend more of their time where they want to be. Single parents can go to school from home as opposed to having to leave home to take a class.

A person who desires a traditional brick and mortar school experience should not attend this school. Students who desire to be student athletes should select another school.

Deborah

I owuld advise my self to get into college sooner. If I would have gone to college staright out of high school I would have been set inmmy carreer by now. Going to college saved not only my carreer but my life as well. College helps to get a person focused on the future and working towards that future. I would not be struggling now if I had went to college sooner.

The best thing about my school is that it s geared towards a person who works a full time job

I wish I would have known how difficult working on a team would be.

Tommie

The online learning environment at the University of Phoenix is superb compared to other schools with online learning center...

The online learning environment at the University of Phoenix is superb compared to other schools with online learning centers.

I would tell myself to continue taking college prep classes and that I need to start looking into colleges. Joining the military after high school is ok but, joining after finishing college would be alot better. waiting too long to go to school allows for distractions to fill your study time.

If someone is not computer literate they should not attend the University of Phoenix. Due to the amount of online work needed to complete assignments.

Shannon

University of Phoenix is best known for accomodating the schedules of the working professional student. As a full time professional, student, and mother it is hard to find time in my daily schedule for much else. University of Phoenix allows me a flexible schedule and consistent workload to be able to plan my schedule accordingly so I can continue to enhance my professional skills while balancing my personal responsibilities.

Shannon, twelve years from now you will be a professional student at the University of Phoenix within one year of completing your bachelors degree. I know the way you feel right now you are unsure about what it is you want to do with the rest of your life and you are excited at the opportunity to be independent. If I could impart a piece of wisdom with the hopes that you take it to heart and really understand, I would tell you not to wait to start your education. I know you are burnt out from homework, getting up early to go to class, and coming home late from work, but the effort you put into yourself is worth it; you are worth it. You have potential to do so many great things and the experiences in your life will shape who you are. Continue to grow, to learn, and to succeed. You are capeable of so much greatness if you take advantage of the opportunities ahead of you. One last piece of advice, stay away from a guy you will meet at training in California he may look and act nice but he will break your heart.

The type of person best suited for campus life at the University of Phoenix is autonomous and dedicated to his or her education. I have seen many students in my courses that do not take their education seriously and only do the minimum to pass the course. University of Phoenix is an institution of higher learning and students should be prepared as well as committed to dedicating their time to get the most out of their education. Students that believe they only need to do the minimum work required to graduate should not attend this school.

Domenica

If I could go back in time to my high school senior year, I would tell myself to not grow up too fast. I started working at sixteen and moved out of my parents home at nineteen. I was too focused on gaining my independence that I could not balance both school and work. I prioritized work and my academics suffered because of that decision. Today I still have to focus on both school and work but also my own family and I want to emphasize to my daughter that higher education is very important. I now realize that I should have prioritized school first and taken advantaged of the help my family offered when I was young.

I asked several questions before enrolling in this school. I did not encounter any problems.

Anyone who will take their school work serious.

Rev. Kenneth

I would say finish you military obligation, go to school and earn a PhD. At work promote, promote, promote. and in the words of Winston Churchell, Never Never Never Never give up

First my school was not on the list. I attended chapman University, Sacramento Valley Campus. As this was my first experience at the college level I found all the staff and instructors to be professional, well versed in the classes they taught and mostly available.

the scheduling was not as fast as I had hoped for. Would like to take more classes at once.

Shawnae

I would tell myself to make college more of a priority. Don't get married at 18 and think that a higher education isn't important. Look into a feild of study that you really care about and feel that you wold do well at. Focus and apply yourself. Be proud of yourself and succeed to the best of your ability.

I'm a full time stdent but I only go to class one day a week for four hours. Definitely fits into my schedule much better.

mercedes

My school is best known for the hands on counselors. They are always reaching out to students and calling weekly to check up on students.

Do not give up on your dreams no matter what obstacles come infront of you.

There is none. i enjoy everything about this school.

Cody

The students at University of Phoenix have a wide variety of backgrounds that requires you to get to know them before you join up for teams.

At this point, it's hard to make a big impact on your GPA to assist you in getting scholarships, schools, whatever. Focus hard on actually learning the material so it will be easier in college. Find a job that you enjoy the people you work with, and don't be afraid to take a higher paying job as your coworkers don't take it personally. You need to keep up a savings of some sort and always be looking towards the future: job, car, holidays (the things they require you to spend money on), etc. Budget your money and always make sure you are making more than you are spending. College life can be tempting with parties, various drugs people try, and just in general over-socialization. Stay away from the parties if you have important things coming up like tests, don't ever try the drugs (I haven't, but I've seen enough to know it'll mess you up) and keep your focus where it should be: ON COLLEGE. The money and time isn't worth wasting when there are so many other things you can do with them. Work hard and get your dream job.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the required learning teams. You have to maintain a minimum of three students in a team and no more than six EVERY CLASS. If you have to remove someone from your team because they won't do their work and it brings you to two, you have to find another team to join or withdraw from the course. That's $1415 just because of another student.

University of Phoenix-Sacramento Valley Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.