Sacramento, CA
University of Phoenix-Sacramento Valley Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Sacramento Valley Campus

lam

The course is finishing very fast and require alot effort to keep up with the assignments.

person don't have good time management skill and like to learning in traditional way such face to face lesson instead online communication.

Catherine

It is geared toward the working professional. It has class only once a week and has accelerated courses so graduation is completed faster.

I would say to put my social life on the back burner because education is the most important part of accomplishing my lifelong goals. I would have waited to have my daughter so that I could better provide for her rather than working full time and going to school full time and barely making it by. I would say to go to college right out of high school rather than putting it off because it is much harder when you are older.

Someone who is not self disciplined or is a procrasinator. If you need more lecture and more than one class per week this is probably not the right school.

KIESHA

EDUCATION SOURCE THAT ALLOWS A STUDENT TO WORK HARD WITH OUT THE STRESSES OF CLASSROOMS, TEACHERS, AND GAS PRICES.

I WOULD HAVE PUT MY FULL EFFORT IN TO MY EDUCATION. I WOULD GO FROM HIGH SCHOOL STRAIGHT TO COLLEGE. MY LIFE WOULD BE BETTER , MY KIDS LIFE WOULD BE BETTER AND THIS I KNOW FOR A FACT. I WOULD ALLOW MY TEACHERS, PARENTS, AND FRIENDS ENCOURAGE ME TO FOLLOW MY DREAMS . I SPENT ALOT OF MY YOUNGER YEARS TAKING CARE OF MY GRANDPARENTS SO I COULDNT EVEN FINISH HIGH SCHOOL. I WOULD ALLOW MYSELF THE OPPORTUNITY TO EMBRACE HIGH SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING THAT WOULD HAVE BETTER MY EDUCATION. IF I COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. I SURE WOULD.

i AM TAKING ONLINE CLASSES SO THE FACT THAT I CAN MANAGE MY TIME AND STILL TAKE CARE OF MY HOUSEHOLD IS A PLUS.

Sheila

My school is very educationally and culturally diverse, with a great staff and support system for their students.

Their education is as important to them as mine is to me. Most of them are very pleasurable to work with.

I would make sure that I paid more attention when it came time to decide to go to college. Make sure that I wasn't worried about the funds and whether or not Icould afford it. I would tell myself do it and don't wait, it is not worth it! There are ways to make my dreams come true and I shouldn't wait.

Mabelle

First, I would tell myself that I do not necessarily know what is best for me. I would also say that I am still young and the future will come and it is up to me how prepared I want to be. Then I would tell myself that having a degree makes a difference in choosing the right career. A degree opens doors to otherwise impossible dreams.

That once I finished my AA degree the BS degree involves a lot of team work and there are a lot of individuals that expect their fellow classmates to do the work for them.

People that have no common courtesy and have no respect for others should not attend this school. For the most part this school is focused on the furture, meaning that some students are already professionals and either looking for a possible new career or a higher degree. A person that has no motivation to do well in school and would bring the rest of their team down.

Danita

All my classmates are getting thier degree in the same field I am, we all have a very close bond, we are like family.

I have learned how to use the computer, I now know how to do research papers, and write papers apa format style. The university requires all students do participate in learning teams, I apprieciate having a team to help me get the best out of my studies, the team is invaluable, when I need help with an assignment the team is always there. The team is my second family, we spend alot of time together, we help each other with out personal life as well. The most valuable part of the learning team is that I will have a group of friends for life. The purpose of the learning teams is to prepare you for working with teams in your careers after you graduate. I have learned how to put myself in others shoes and not to judge others based on what I percieve about them. I love doing the volunteer work required for my courses, it has taught me to not take life for granted, as my life can change at a blink of an eye. I learned to be humble and to count my blessing and be thankful for what I have.

The school focuses on helping working adults get their degrees. Most students work full time jobs, and attend school at night. The classes are five weeks long, a new class starts every five weeks. I don't like attending full semester classes.

Willie

I waited ntil I was 59 years of age to attend school, mostly out of fear due to my learing disabilities, but I forced my self to stay in school , in the beginning when I first started I alsmost quit, my learning curve was just not up to par, my daughter and the school kept pushing me to stay and continue, I am so happy I did, if I could go back and apply for my MBA, I would, just do not have the money to continue on, my struggle with finances right now just does not allow me to continue on.

University of Phoenix give so much attention to each and every student, their main concern is your success.

I enjoy how the school is structered for working adults, and students attend the evening class, but the best thing about this school is their on-line learning. University of Phoenix pushes academic excellcence for their students, after each class has ended the student receives a call from their academic counslor, University of Phoenix is such a wonderful school to attend.

Melody

University of Phoenix is one that I feel welcome at everytime I attend.

University of Phoenix is one that I feel welcome at everytime I attend.

I have realized throughout college that it's time to grow up and examine my priorities. I've learned to take my education into my own hands instead of relying on someone else to manage how my education will go. Learning about all these different life lessons has opened my eyes to the world beyond high school.

My most favorite part about my school is the fact that it focuses on one class at a time so that it's easier to maintain the information that is learned rather than just trying to cram four different classes into a week.

Aaron

Since returning to school five weeks ago I have learned the importance of researching my idea before commiting to it. In the last five weeks I have written three essays in my Business Information Systems class. I started out with an idea for each essay and created the outline. As I researched the details of my idea I found that there were much better options available and the whole essence of the paper changed dramatically and I had to start over. This didn't frustrate me as I felt I was learning valuable lessons with each experience. Students are also required to do presentations using Power Point. I have done three of them. Putting together the slides is easy enough, however, the presentation itself is a challenge for me. After rehearsing several times at home I still stumbled over my words and was sweating profusely. I accept my nervousness and speak up in class every chance I get so that I will overcome this problem faster. The second and third presentations were easier than the first. It is very important to overcome my presentation delima and the University of Phoenix is providing me with the tools to do so.

I have been attending the University of Phoenix for five weeks and so far there is not one bad thing I can think of. Some of my friends say that working in learning teams is horrible so even though I feel the learning teams are a necessary experience, I will just have to go with that- learning teams.

The free coffee is gone by the time I get to school.

Jesse

They are very informative and we have leanred to grow together through instructive critisicism.

I would try to explain to myself the truth of school. Something I was so blissfully unaware of back then. I just didn't realize the real importance of school. I always assumed school was just a requirement to call yourself an adult or something. I did not realize that school was designed to educate, and thus transform ones dispositon from an ignorant dependant, into a functional, informed part of society. The truth is without education, there is no set goal, no destination, and therefore no stability in life. A degree gives you a background. It gives you a sence of identity. And above all, knowledge brings about the capability of unsurmountable scenarios. Knowledge is the gateway to self enlightenment . Without it, you are bound for mediocracy. Yes ignorance is bliss, But knowledge is power!

I think the only bad thing would be that The teachers are few and far between.

University of Phoenix-Sacramento Valley Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.