Tucson, AZ
University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus

Brenda

University of Phoenix is unique in that class room time is only one night each week. However, the faculty and instructors are readily available.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, as a high school senior, about college I would strongly advise myself not to be afraid. College is challenging yet rewarding. You only get once chance in life; take the 'bull by the horns' and give it your best shot. Afterall, I deserve it!

Brandi

The University of Phoenix provides a flexible, affordable way to obtain a degree from an accredited university.

Look into colleges before you decide which one you will attend. Don't make impulsive descisions and don't try to be Wonder Woman. Take into account working full time and volunteer hours when looking at the time commitment needed for each university. Take into consideration financial expenses, including tuition, books, food, and parking. Get your degree in not only something you're good at, but something you enjoy doing, that will make your classes that much more enjoyable. Finally, make your college experience all you want it to be, don't second guess yourself. Volunteer, be a part of clubs and sports groups. Succeed in the classroom while making new friends and setting the foundation for your adult life.

I can go online to complete my degree. I can work full time and still be a full time student.

As a high school student I was never one to pay attention, that would've all been different now knowing how difficult college is. My senior year in high school I was always the kid to talk while my teacher was lecturing the class or be writing a note. If I could go back now, I would've changed so many of my bad habits. I would have payed attention and took noted of EVERYTHING & saved my gossip conversations for lunch hour. I would have tryed my hardest to get superior grades in all of my classes. In doing so than, would have prepared myself for college life. College is not joke, it's up to yourself to do everything, if I don't listen, than I'm basically only hurting myself. If I could give advice to the high schoolers now it would be to try your hardest, don't slack, give all of you homework your all, and be the best succeeder you can be.

I love going to school online through University of Phoenix but having a campus right here in Tucson available if I need any help or tutoring! University of Phoenix has been so great and supportive in pursuing my education. I looked at other online schools but UofP seemed to be the best option. Lots of other schools are not accredited so even if you finish a degree program you may not find employment due to accreditation issues.

Scholarship Essay If I could go back in time and see myself as a college student I would definitely tell myself how important it is to stay in school and attend my classes. I graduated high school but I definitely had some problems, mainly with attending my classes. After being in a college setting and seeing how important attendance and participation is I am kicking myself for not attending my classes how I should in high school. I went from being a District Honor Roll student to a high school Senior who barely squeezed by. I feel that if I had gone to my classes when expected to I would have been in a much better boat come graduation time. Now that I am a mother of three children, I can see that I need to set a great example schoolwise for them. I have recently started college online and am bound and determined to not only meet the standards but exceed them. I hope that my children will do the same. I would hate for them to end up like that high school Senior that I was. I have changed my outlook on school!

I have yet to find anything frustrating about my school. Everyone has been very helpful and the website is so easy to navigate!

merri

Having classmates like the ones I have at University of Phoenix is rewarding and uplifting, which excites you to excel and want to learn more.

Having the ability to go back in time would be thrilling and to be able to talk to myself would be somewhat hard, because I was quite rebelious in those days so I would have to get my attention. Back in the 60s and 70s the importance of a solid education and being a highschool graduate was not the topic of importance as much as the draft and being a hippie. So explaining the concept in a non-boring manner with incentives attached would be one way to grab my attention. Competition was another, and going over the plan of how to graduate; the credits needed, how to recieve them and a monthly print out of status would be helpful. The aid of other college attending students that are normal as anyone else that could take the time to talk to high school seniors about what's a head of them, show them the choices in the immediate future, let them know what they can choose and how to get there. Make them aware of the funding available and that the burden will not have to fall totally on students parents or on them, that funding is available.

Being able to communicate with others and brag about my school on the exceptional teaching and quality of producing instructors it has, has made me proud to be a Phoenix so far.

Marcia

Don't let little things stop you from getting where you want to be. The time to do is now, life happens and the future will slip away. You are a dreamer, and building the future starts with a dream.

Erin

If I could go back and tell myself one thing it would be not to wait so long. The longer you wait the harder it is to get started again. Going to college is the foundation to life and how you are able to live. Time is a fragile thing to waste, nothing and no one is worth sacraficing your ability to make a better future for yourself. I know now that I need to work that much harder to get where I should. No one is going to knock on your door and offer you a future; you need to set your own path!

The worst thing about University of Phoenix is that instead of learning in the classroom then doing the homework, the homework is done first and then discussed in class. This is not the standard at some education institutions. It forces you to learn the material then ask questions and review the information.

The type of people that attend the University of Phoenix should be self motivated and able to teach themselves. Also they need to be able to absorb information quickly with five week course blocks.

Rebecca

If I were to go back in time, I would tell myself to slow down. When I was a high school senior, I was determined to go to a four year college right out of high school. I ended up going to a community college right down the road, and I'm so glad I did. In doing so, I learned that I was no where close to ready for such a big step when I was graduationg high school.

Katie

University of Phoenix is a very career-focused school in which teamwork and completing your degree are high priorities.

The advice that I would give my high school senior self would be to study hard and get good grades for the year. Apply for colleges early and work on your resumes. Volunteer in the community, apply for scholarships and be much more involved at school. All of these things will help your college career! Your life depends on these seemingly small tasks! If you have to, quit your job at the firm, or decrease your hours in order to volunteer and be involved in school. You must prioritize your life and college is extremely important. You do not want to end up like your mother. This is the advice you must follow to be successful in your academic career.

A typical college student who does not work. This school is for people who have jobs and families.

Filiberto

The University of Phoenix in all its deficiencies is still the one entity that provided me with a bank of skills and knowledge for a person against adversity. Simply, the University of Phoenix is the one hand that stretched down to pick me up and support me towards my goals. There are many improvements to make to the University of Phoenix, but the bottom line is that it stands true to its commitment, the University of Phoenix does provide an opportunity to learn. One thing is for sure, Im no longer a High School grad; I have become a very competent skilled professional in accounting, with excellent writing skills, socially responsible citizen, effective problem solver, informed student and a professionaly acquainted individual. I am the result of the valuable research I conducted, the dozens of books I read, the lectures I listened to, the discussions I participated in, the assignments I practiced with, and the reflections from which I learned; made possible by the University of Phoenix. It deserves my gratitude.

The University of Phoenix is designed for the working adult. I believe that this school is great for people with actual experience who seek promotions or opportunities. Also, a student should possess a strong desciplined personality because the courses are fast paced and mostly independent studies.

The University of Phoenix is not the best choice for undergrads who have minimal experience in the respective field of study chosen. A student with poor discipline or lack a genuine commitment towards higher learning ( just buy a degree).

University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.