Costa Mesa, CA
University of Phoenix-Southern California Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Southern California Campus

Gary

I thoroughly enjoy the campus, and I feel safe there. Overall, the University of Phoenix is a great place to get a quality education.

Caitlin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to "smarten up". I didn't really care about grades back then. I didn't like homework. Now I would have loved to have cared more about my grades. I would stress to myself how important it is to put in your best effort. I would tell myself to work on my time management skills and my sleeping schedule. "Go to bed earlier and plan your time better" is something I would say. "Listen to your mother" cause believe it or not she's right about needing to work hard and get good grades. I would probably tell myself to get a good job and start working to help pay the loans that pay for school. I would also remind myself that I need to work on my college applications early so that I am not scrambling last minute and only applying to one school. These are all things I would tell myself if I could go back in time. I wouldn't want to though. Not knowing made me learn the hard way. It made me who I am.

Garrett

There are many unique things about this school, but one of the things I like best is the 5 week programs for Bachelor's Degrees. Most schools require you to take full semesters and endure pain-staking lectures that most students do not really gain anything from. Here, the classes are small and interactive, and the 5 week courses make it seem as if time really does fly by!

If I could go back in time and advise myself of the future, I would tell myself to stop being so arrogant and selfish and be more productive in finding a good college to go to. I would also let myself know that our father has Veteran's Affairs benefits and I could go to school for free on count of his service. By doing this, I would be saving my highschool self from having to join the Marines like I did, potentially getting sick and becoming disabled because of that illness that was obtained from service over seas. Even though I now have two young children that I love and adore to no end, I would at least like to give myself a chance to work smarter, not harder. His life could be much better than what I am living now.

The worst thing about the school is the team assignments. Students in each class must form groups, called Teams, and do an assignment or two each week. It can be real frustrating when there is an uncooperative teammate or when someone doesn't do their part(s) to the best of their ability.

Alexis

The University of Phoenix is known for providing a college education to high school graduates online. Any student from any state can enroll and get a degree from the university.

I would tell myself to stop procrastinating. The reason that I am not living on campus in a four year university is because in my senior year, I slacked off and didn't even apply to a university simply because I doubted myself. I didn't think that I had what it takes to be accepted into a university, so my plan was to wait a year and then start college. I waited a half of a year and was accepted into a two year university, then transferred to the University of Phoenix. Looking back, I did have what it took, and I wish I could go back and influence myself to try harder my senior year and to apply to as many universities as I possibly could. If I did encourage myself, I would be a sophomore living on campus at a four year university like the rest of my graduating class, and a whole year closer to getting my degree in Journalism.

The worst thing about my school are the few downsides of an online based class. Though more convenient, I learn better one on one in an actual classroom setting rather than sending emails to my professor.

Kiona

I would tell the high school senior version of myself: "Life is not going to happen all at once. You are not entitled to the best version of higher learning just because you want it. You have to put in the work. Commit to volunteering at The Children's Clinic not just because it's mandatory. But because it will help you in the long run. Be realistic about what you can afford. What will work for you is making a plan--not depending on a hope. I believe in you. Believe in yourself, too. I love you."

Univeristy of Phoenix is for the full-time working student who may or may not have a family. The courses are either online or at nights one day per week. The assignments are personalized for students who don't have a lot of time during the day but are willing to put in work when they can.

University of Phoenix is not for someone who is looking for a social experience. There is no sorority or fraternity; there are no clubs to join; and interaction between students is limited to course-specific groups.

Tina

The advice I would have given myself would have been to push forward in researching and applying for scholarships and financial aid. Because I was first generation to apply to college, my parents did not understand much about the financing process and options. I was able to secure a $1000 scholarship to the college I was accepted (UC Riverside) as a high school senior, but because my parents were so wary about how the balance of my education would be funded, I had to decline the offer. Eventually it took me seven years to return to college, where I applied for financial aid on my own as an independant student and enroll at UC Riverside. The other bit of advice I would have given myself as a high school senior was to participate in more student organizations in college, to provide better networking connections for future opportunities.

The only thing missing from University of Phoenix, for those people who find this important, are campus activities such as sporting teams and events, Greek life, and special clubs and organizations. Since the target students are working adults, many students do not have time to participate in these activities outside of work and home life. Also, most of the campuses are shared, leased buidlings so there is the challenge of constructing and coordinating these things.

University of Phoenix is the perfect institution for working adults who are looking to further their current career. The campuses are located in various cities and the courses are conveniently offered at nights, weekends and online which is perfect for the working person. For someone who travels frequently for work, or is active in the military, this is definitely a viable option for pursuing education. The work can be challenging, so the ideal student is someone has self descipline to balance the workload and a sense of team-player attitude to bond well with study groups.

amie

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would say that you will go through allot in the future but that you will not regrete anything at all. I did not start college when I graduated high school immediatly because I was not sure about what I wanted to study. I did not and do not have the funds to mess around. I worked in many fields and now I know for sure what I want to do for the rest of my life. I am not perfect but all of my mistakes helped me to grow and become the woman and mother that I am today. So relax and enjoy life.

stormy

Live! This is the one word I share with my high school self. Do not be afraid to live and enjoy every opportunity that comes your way. You may not want to go to college, but the college experience is something you will remember forever. Join clubs, meet people, but most of all live as if there is no tomorrow. Do not be afraid to do the work needed to be successful. Being a 27 year old single mother, I will share these words with my child. Time waits for no man, take advantage.

The type of person that should attend this school are working professionals and or parents who need a flexible schedule.

The type of person that should not attend this school are people looking to have more of a traditional classroom setting or someone looking to get the full college expeience.

Yessica

First of all, I would tell myself to take study time seriously. Once I began at the University of Phoenix I tried to continue my school life the way I had been spending it in high school, only to realize that it's not that simple. At the University of Phoenix I have learned from experience that it is necessary to take good notes and study, whether it be indivually or with a group. Actually taking the time to do the required reading for each week will not only help with the assignments that are given that week, but I've also learned from the reading a lot of knowledge that I know I will put to use once I am working in the social work field, So in a few words again, my advice to high school me is to take notes and study!!! It will help you in the long run!!

This school is very convenient as far as schedule, so anyone looking to go to school at a convenient time, due to a busy schedule. Also, important to know that classes are only five weeks long, so you must be prepared for a load of work, reading, and studying.

University of Phoenix is a convient school with very knowledgeable instructors, that share their experiences with their students as they've either worked or still work in the field they teach.

Andrea

One of the best things about the University of Phoenix is that they are all about teamwork. It becomes a group dynamic for everyone to succeed and because UOP is about teamwork, they want you to succeed. It gives students a taste of what it is like to work in a group setting and sets us up for life in the work field.

There is so much I would want to teach myself if I could go back in time. However, I firmly believe that life is only experienced forwards, not backwards. If I could, I wish I could have told myself to be more prepared for college. I thought going into college would be all fun and games. I learned that was not the case at all when it came to college. I know college is a new place to be, to discover ourselves outside of what we have grown up in; but we must remember that life does not work that way. Every choice/action we make has its pros and cons. But like I said before, life is about living in the present moment and planning for the future. So If I could go back, I would still tell myself to live in the moment, to make mistakes and ultimately learn from them. Because we aren't supposed to have all the answers the minute we graduate. That is how we learn to spread our wings and fly.

University of Phoenix-Southern California Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.