Pikeville, KY
University of Pikeville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pikeville

Jaxon

I couldn't have chosen a better school to pursue a degree at. The school is small compared to most (enrollment around 1,500-2,000 students), so therefore classrooms are tiny with great involvement between all. Most everyone plays a sport, so you can meet new people and have amazing relationships right out of the gate. If there is ever an issue between students or facility, it is taken seriously and dealt with. I will be a sophomore and cannot wait to spend my last 3 years here!

Annita

The University of Pikeville is a great institution to achieve your professional and personal goals. The students are warm and welcoming. There's a variety of extracurricular activities so making friends isn't difficult at all. The staff, from the professors to the office administrators, are extremely supportive. The school is a bit small so it is easy to know people on a personal level. People naturally want to get to know who you are and you're story, which usually starts with, "What made you come to UPike?" Without the support and encouragement of the staff and student body, I would not have graduated. The University of Pikeville it's own tight knit community in the mountains that has fully served and prepared their students to succeed when they leave.

Miranda

It is extremely overpriced. It is a good university but not worth the money. The dorms are nasty and not kept up. They rather spend more money on other things than fixing or building better dorms. There are some professors who are amazing. They will help you whenever you need. Some are not very good.

Rebecca

I really like the University of Pikeville. I grew up nearby, but didn't really want to go too far from home. The University of Pikeville makes me feel like I'm home while I'm on campus. The professors are wonderful and very caring. Many have gone out of their way to help me. Overall, the University of Pikeville is a great place to further your education.

Lucas

It's horrible! No student should ever go here. I was recruited to play football here and was lied to just so I would sign. I also broke my back over the summer doing the workouts that they said I had to do and now won't pay a dime for any of the expenses to see doctors or even the disc fusions I will have to have later in life.

Chelsey

I love my school. Every professor i have had thus far in the semester have actually taught me, I have learned so much already...

I don't really see any specific stereotype for students at my school.

The students at my school seem to get along and everyone unite for the most part.

Most classes are hard but the professors teach them so well and detailed that it's nearly impossible to fail unless you just don't listen or pay attention

Sean

There are a lot of papers to write in colleges. I would tell anyone in high school to get more help in writing papers. The things that I learned in high school did not prepare me for college material.

I believe it is open to all types of backgrounds.

Andrea

My school is best known for the sports of basketball and bowling.

My school is best known for the sports of basketball and bowling.

Work on finding yourself and figuring out what you want in life. Once you figure out what you want out of life, do everything you can to get it. Finding yourself is a life-long journey. Be happy with you are, and don't worry about finding that significant other. I found that once I was perfectly happy with where I was in every aspect of my life, EVERYTHING fell in to place. Be involved in as many clubs and extracurriculars as possible. This will allow you to make friends and establish networking opportunities not otherwise possible. Don't be afraid to be a "nerd" and learn. Learning is the most important thing you will do in college, and not just learning about academics. Learn about other people, careers, and anything that interests you. Be a genuinely good person. Your personality will go a long way. Be the good you wish to see in the world!

Khalilah

This is a small school located in a small town. The school is mainly made up of athletes. It is a very diverse school and Naia athelitics. It is a great school acedemically very challenging. I recomend this school to everyone it is a very close nit type of school. The teachers are very helpful and the classrooms are small so the teacher try to know everyones name in the class. Every teacher here seems to want to see every student succeed.

I would tell myself to pass all my classes with at least a C and do go out and party as much. High school is not anywhere near like college. In high school you could get away with a lot of things but in college you have to be your own parent to yourself and make the right decisions. Always attend class and never sleep in class like how I did in high school believeing I would still pass doing that.

The most frustrating thing in the school sometimes can be how small it can be and there is nothing to do in the town.

jamil

As I heard from one of my football teammate it is a cool school but I will be attending orientation this week for the first time.

Work hard and don't let know one get in the way.

University of Pikeville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.