Bradford, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Bradford

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Bradford

Matt

It is nice it is a pitt campus. I don't like the people and I don't like the town

Aaron

The University of Pittsburgh Bradford has become a second home to me. Being here has made me become a better, more mature person as the professors and people around me have pushed me to work harder and diligently than I have ever before. The professors and classes have even inspired me to create an invention that I’m currently building the prototype for. The campus itself is one of the reason I came here. It has a very comfortable atmosphere and friends were easy to find. It’s a very calm and quiet campus, but it does offer some form of entertainment for students. There are many clubs, sports, art programs, and other events that help keep things interesting around here. I’m a part of a few clubs and play soccer. When you join clubs, you get to go to places all around the country and get the opportunity to experience new things you’ve never though you would do. Myself being a member in engineering club was able to go to Ellwood National Forge and see up close how they produce and manufacture steel. The education and staff here are phenomenal. The smaller classes allow the professors to be more interactive with their students and this allows their lectures and concepts easier to understand. Even if you need more help, the professors and academic staff are willing to help you anyway you can, you just have to make an effort. The downfall at this university is that there is not much to do outside of it. Bradford has little to none entertainment other than restaurants, and I usually go out to eat because the food here is less than desirable. Other than that, I have come to appreciate it here and have made some good friends and memories in my first year and hope to make many more.

Sierra

There is none, while there is a lot of out doors people there is just as many people that come from various cities

Very hands on, and the professors like getting to know the students. The classes are great!

I wish they had told me about the free time you would have on your hands. There was so much time in between classes it took almost a semester and a half before I could figure out what to do, to keep me motivated. You can't study every second of the day but you can't let the promise of new found relationships distract you from your goal.

Allison

Dear Self, Nothing right now is as important as it seems. That relationship with your high school, on again off again, boyfriend is not going to work out, and you're going to lose touch with most of the catty girls that you consider your friends. Your family is who is going to be there for you all throughout college, so relinquish yourself from the unnecessary drama and focus on the important things in your life, your relationship with your family and your education. Study hard and take your classes seriously for they will be what truly prepares you for the work load of a college coarse. Lastly, remember to always be and love yourself. Confidence is what will get you to where you want to be. If you don't believe me look at all the obstacles you've already overcome, and now look to the future where you will reach your goal of playing college basketball despite the physical odds. You can do anything you set your mind to, so live your life to the fullest and never stop chasing your dreams. Self

I wish I would have known to bring enough warm clothing for the long harsh Bradford winters, or rain gear for the dreary rainy days. I wish I had worked on and known more study skills to prepare me for college classes in general, so that I could take move of an advantage of my first semester.

A person that likes to shop and go out all the time should not attend this school. This school is not meant for "city slickers" being it is placed in the middle of the mountains and you must drive a good distance to most stores.

Brooke

If I were to go back in time and advise myself about collge and transitioning, I would tell myself not to believe everything you hear. College is not just about the partying. It is about studying hard to acheive good grades. It is about feeling accomplished and proud of yourself, because going to college is a giant step towards the future. I would advise myself to focus on my grades and tell myself that it is alright to become overwhelmed. It is a lot of work to get used to. I would advise myself, college is not like high school and going to college will be the hardest I would of had to do in my life yet so far. I needed new ways of studying my old methods no longer worked. I would warn myself that even though A's and B's were what I got in high school, does not mean college would be the same. College is supposed to be more challenging. It is supposed to push passed the boundaries we once held in high school. I would advise myself to go to every class. It is my future and my degree at stake.

The kind of person that should not attend the University of Pittsburgh-Bradford would be one who, is not willing to put forth their best work, to try their hardest to succeed. The kind of person who thinks that college is just for party people. The kind of person who would not want any help from professors or other students. The kind of person who does not want to be their for themselves, to achieve a better life than they could have ever imagined. These are the kind of people who should not attend this school.

The professors/upper-classmen made it easy to want to continue to earn my degree there. I am just going into my sophomore year at the University, and I have yet to meet any one on campus who was not willing to help someone out. I needed quite a bit of help from other students and professors. The professors are so genuine. When I needed help, even it if was not assocaited with their class; they were always their. The campus is very connected and friendly. I could not have chose a better University to attend.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that grades are very important and to get good ones. I would alos tell myself to look for more scholarships and plan my classes more efficiently.

Small class size. Easier to learn.

Chelsea

My classmates are helpful and understanding.

My classmates are helpful and understanding.

Dear Senior Year Chelsea, Your college life is going to start out rough. You are going to face some struggles that most others will not; that is nothing new in your life, though. As always, you will make it through; you are strong enough. The first week of your first semester of college, you will have your appendix removed. You will total your car at the beginning of your second semester. The third semester, well, that one will be one of your toughest; many family emergencies and your part-time job turning into a full-time job leave you running ragged, yet you still manage to keep your grades up. Keep your head up; things will always get better as they always have. God will not give you more than you can handle. On your rough days, pull up The Serenity Prayer, as it has always given you strength and courage before. Keep up the good work. You will look back and appreciate all of the struggles you were forced to endure. Love Always, Present-day Chelsea P.S. You may have the chance to graduate a semester early due to your hard work and dedication.

The advising gets messed up quite frequently.

Kati-Ellen

My school is a small close knit place where people really get to know and familiaize themselves with one another and the professors.

Honestly, I am not sure. I would have to go with that our campus used to be an airport.

I would tell my self not to worry about the little things, STOP procrastinating so much and work on better studying habits.

Chelsea

The school is probably best known for being small and personal. People who come from a small town and are looking for that small -town feeling will love living at Pitt-Bradford.

Attending college has meant a lot to me because I am the first in my family to attend. Having an education is very valuable in getting a well paying job when I graduate. After watching my brothers, who did not attend college, struggle through jobs, I am taking everything I can from my college experience. I want to open my own petstore someday and without a bachelors degree I know that will be nearly impossible. University of Pittsburgh-Bradford has a great entreprenuership program in which I am majoring. The teachers really want to help you learn how to open you own business and do everything they can to help you succeed. Finishing my degree would mean the world to me and opening my own petstore someday would mean even more. This scholarship would really help me and I would appreciate it greatly.

University of Pittsburgh-Bradford is a small school where everybody knows everybody. The Dean knows you by name and the classes are small enough where your teacher can really get to know you. Everything on campus is whithin a short walking distance and surrounded by the beautiful allegany forrest. When you are not in class or studying you can go hiking and enjoy the nature that surrounds the campus.

Gregg

If I could go back I'd tell myself about my regrets in High School. Personally when I started my senior year, I was starting to realize that I needed to take more steps to becoming successful because my previous years of high school were ridiculed with poor work ethics. Now that I'm in college I now realize I could've taken even more steps to become more successful. One major part of high school I regret is that I didn't join clubs or organizations like I do now. I thoroughly enjoy doing behind-the-scenes work with events and it's what I do now with the Student Activities Club in college. Another step I could've taken my senior year was to study for the SAT more because my 2nd SAT scores didn't improve. Although I was in honor roll my senior year, I felt I could've taken many more challenging classes like English 12 Honors. Last, but not least, was that I never got a job even after graduating high school. Working gives extra money and experience for college that can be the difference between staying inside or going out and having fun.

Being a Nursing Major, the worst thing about this school is the inability to transfer to Main Campus without having to start over from scratch. There have been many people who have tried to transfer to main campus with a Nursing Major and once they get there they have to take all the classes they took here at Bradford all over again which is 2 years of school and 60+ credits. This is the worst thing for me because I want to go to Main Campus after my 2nd year without starting over to expose myself to more nursing branches.

The most frustrating part of my school is the lack of updates from the professors. We have an assignment system called "Blackboard" where professors can post what assignments there are and also what grades we get on those assignments. Last semester only two out of five of my professors updated the grades. It's too early in this semester to tell who will update, but it's frustrating because sometimes I like to know where I stand with grades and whatnot. Last semester one professor never put her syllabus online and all the assignments we needed were on the there.

University of Pittsburgh-Bradford administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.