Bradford, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Bradford

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Bradford

Ahmed

Classmates are friendly and helpfully.

Classmates are friendly and helpfully.

There are definitely a lot of things i could mention on this topic, but i feel that they're a few major pieces that should be taken into account. The number one issue should be finances, you should choose an institution that fits your financial background. Think about your career. What are you interested in and do the schools your applying for specialize in that program to insure you receieve the best education possible. Your living background should also be strongly discussed in determining a school. You have to ask yourself do you want to go somewhere that offers the same environment or do you want to experience something brand new. I believe that these issues should be top priority when reviewing school because they ultimately determine the difficulty in the transition from high schol to college. You want school to be the only thing that is on your mind, especially during the first year.

you should not attend this school if you dont like snowy and rainy whether. If you are use to a fast paced city life this wont be an easy transition.

Ash

First and foremost, if you are coming to Pitt-Bradford with a closed mind, you will not enjoy yourself. However, if you are open to new ideas and new possibilities, then you will find yourself amongst like-minded people. The campus, as well as the town, may be small but the hearts here are ever growing. The faculty and staff here will go out of their way to help you and make sure you are staying on track. They take pride in their students, and it makes it much easier and rewarding learning from a professor that takes pride in their craft. For the most part, everyone here takes pride in what they do, from the grounds keepers that keep our campus immaculate to the police officers that keep us safe to the students who show their Panther Pride at sporting events.

From the politician’s daughter to the farmer’s son, there is no telling who you’ll be sitting next to in class. The students here seem to mix pretty well. Of course there are individuals that don’t get along, but as far as groups go, you will not see much separation, if you see any at all.

As long as you open your heart and your books, you’ll do just fine here!!

In actuality, many students come here because they prefer small campuses rather than large. Students also come here because they receive a world-renowned degree, and still get the direct attention/assistance they need to achieve their goals.

The classes here are relatively small, I personally have never heard of a class of more than 30 students and even those are the more general classes such as Fundamentals of Mathematics or English Composition, which everyone must take. However, the classes here are smaller in size and most of them are unique in some aspect. My most unique class would have to have been Death and Dying with Professor Stephanie Eckstrom. I remember coming across it in the course catalog and thinking that it had to have been a Life Science course but as I read on, I saw that it was a Sociology course. At the time, I was taking The Family with Professor Eckstrom, so I knew how hilariously satirical she was, so I just had to take a course about death with her. I thought it would be similar to going to a comedy club every week, and I was right. However, I must tell you that every class I ever took with Dr. Helene Lawson was very unique, because that it is simply the best way to describe her. She, to me, exemplifies the student-professor relationship here at UPB. She will go out of her way to help her students with anything and is genuinely concerned with their improvement in the classroom as well as their interests/priorities outside of the class. You will find that you can say this about many of the professors here at Pitt-Bradford.

People always ask, “What is there to do here?” In town we have a bowling alley, movie theatre, mini-golf, Wal-Mart (smile) and a few restaurants, however we try to provide the student body with on campus options as well. We have annual event such as Airband, our lip-synching contest; Sibs and Kids Weekend, siblings and other young family members of the students are invited to participate in a day of fun and are welcome to stay in the dorms with their Pitt-family member; Winter Formal, students dress up in their best and dance the night away; Cultural Festival, a variety of cultures are showcased through song, dance, food and dress; and so much more. We also have at least 1 comedian come to campus every month, as well as a host of other events organized by the Student Activities Council (SAC) and Student Government Association (SGA). If SAC and SGA don’t have it, then another club here probably does, such as the Literary Club, Anime Club, Education Club, African American Student Union, Art Club, etc. Sports are offered here as well, we have: Men’s Basketball Women’s Basketball Baseball Softball Men’s Soccer Women’s Soccer Swimming Men’s Golf Women’s Golf Tennis Women’s Volleyball During basketball games, the biggest being March Madness which starts the season, we have the Dance Team, the Diamond Steppers and the cheerleaders all perform. Bus trips are also offered for some of the Pitt home football games. Of course we have Greek life as well. We have six local organizations; no recognized national organizations as of yet. We have three sororities; Zeta Alpha Chi (I love my sister organization!!), Theta Sigma Delta, and Lambda Xi and three fraternities; Delta Omega Phi, Phi Kappa Epsilon and of course my favorite (smile), Sigma Lambda Chi. For the most part, everyone can find something to do here at Pitt-Bradford, you just have to look!!

The biggest stereotype about Pitt-Bradford is that no one ever chooses to come here; students only come here through the University’s Options program or they are from the area and didn’t want to go that far away from home.

I would tell students and parents to get active now. Your senior year in college should not be the first time you start thinking about where you wanna go and what you wanna do. If you find that you are not happy with your decision later in life it costs so much money to start over and may waste quite a bit of time you could have been using to be productive towards your degree. It is best to talk to students who already attend the school and maybe even have your major to see what their experience is like and see if it sounds appealing to you also. College is about to be a big part of your life. You should make sure you know what your goals are whether they be academically or personally. It is a stressful and confusing decision but in the end going to college and becoming your own person is completely worth it.

The best thing about this campus is being such a small campus. You feel like you are independent and on your own but if you need help there is always going to be someone there for you from the many tutuoring options to counseling availability. This campus can reassure parents their student will be taken care of and they will get a quality education.

The school is a very close community. It is away from the city and a small little neighborhood almost. Recently they have been trying to expand and accept too many students. The cafeteria is often a little crowded and classes fill up faster than usual but it is just a minor set back.

Savannah

Small, close knot school close to home, but still earn accredited University of PIttsburgh Degree

Before jumping into something, research every aspect of the school. Make an educated decision

Location, My major is Hospitality Management and there's not much to do with that in Bradfrod, Pa.

alisha

My school is small, caring, outgoing, academically challenging, great, clean, and I don;t regret my choice to attend this college.

I would tell parents/students, to leave all of their options open. The student should make a list of what they are looking for in a college, visit each college/university and make sure they are able to talk to the administration, professors, coaches, and any students that can answers and and all questions. Try to sit in on an actual class in their field of study, so they can see what the professor is like and how he/she interacts with the students. Always ask about the financial aid, grants, and any scholarships available that would help with the schooling. Once you have narrowed it down to a few, do another visit and get any last minute answers to any questions you might have and possibly arrange to do an overnight stay at the college. Once in college, enjoy the experience. Take advantage of any opportunities that will come your way, as four years of college goes by fast and you will be entering into the workforce and the life of an adult.

Each student is a name and not just a number, due to the small classes.

Kari

The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford offers students an experience that goes beyond anyone's expectations for several reasons that can include a home-like environment, small class sizes, dedicated staff and faculty, diversity, comfortable and affordable off and on-campus housing, extracurricular activities, beautiful location and surroundings, and a friendly, hard-working, and sincere student body, faculty, and staff.

The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford is unique because the school in a sense is like it's own community and everyone that I knew while going to school all got along and worked together to make it the best experience. The student body, staff and faculty were the nicest and most caring individuals that i've ever met compared to any other college and/or university. I felt at home at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford and enjoyed everyday while in school. The school is also located in one of the most beautiful places in Pennsylvania.

I think that no matter what college you choose, the student is who makes the most of it. You have to feel comfortable with the campus and feel that you can trust the faculty and staff to guide and teach you and to also look after you. When I first went to the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford I felt a connection immediately, however, before I chose Pitt at Bradford I did some research to make sure the they had the major that I wanted to study, what the class sizes were like, and what type and amount of activities, clubs, and greek life the school had to offer. I would advise parents to help their son/ daughter research as many schools as they can, visit at least your top three schools, and to be supportive throughout the entire process because it can be very stressful.

Vogue

My school is a diverse group of people from around the world joined together to help one achieve gain the best possible educational experience.

I would tell any parents or students looking for the "right" college to think about what is important to them. The little things really add up. I choose the University of Pittsburgh Bradford because it was the distance, class size, and price range I wanted. When you search you need to take all the small details into mind, including do you like the dorm style, meal plan, and library. As for gaining the best college experience possible my advice is simple; do everything. Try anything you can. I have attended classes I am not taking, sat in meetings for clubs I am not involved in, and I go to as many university-sponsored activities as I can fit into my schedule. This way you can truely experience the most of what your college has to offer, you make great connections, and have a wonderful time making the most of the semesters. The best advice I can give is to get involved, take risks, and dig for the best of what your university can offer you. That is how you make your college the right college for you.

I think the best part about my school is the opportunities it offers its students. I participate in many activities including History Club, Alpha Phi Omega, Active Minds, Cross Country, Dance Team, and Zeta Alpha Chi. There is something for everyone when it comes to sports and clubs. Pitt-Bradford also offers many chances to travel such as study abroad and student fieldtrips. The academic and financial aid offices do an outstanding job of alerting students to the plethora of options available to them. It is all this and more that allows Pitt-Bradford to go BEYOND.

erica

eager and friendly willing to help.

eager and friendly willing to help.

make sure its affordable and has good ratings. you dont have to go to the most expensive school!!! also smaller schools are better, easier to get classes!

every kind of person should attend this school.

Andrew

If your son or daughter is interested in sports, I would talk with the directer/coach of the sport to figure out what is going on. Talk to the professors your kids are going to be seeing at least twice a week. Or you can make sure your son or daughter talks with the professor as least once a week, in the professors office.

The close knit community that surrounds you when you come to this campus. Everyone is friendsly and are willing to try and give you a chance. You can be who you are, you don't have to pretend to b e someone else.

I wish I knew all the sports that they had, and also what sports they didn't have because I know a lot of people who wish that Pitt-Brad had a wrestling program.

Immanuel

Once you find a college that focuses on your field of study, what is most important is whether the campus actually fits. The college may be considered a great place, but students and parents alike must remember that any student makes what he or she wants out of their college experience, the place should not define the person, but the person the place. By getting involved in your community/campus, maintaining your grades, gaining leadership opportunities, and becoming a person who enjoys interactions with others and succeeds in them is vital. What I found to be vital is not worrying about what my friends are doing, not what people think I should do, or just following what others are doing in general, but following my own independent and responsible goals that are realistic. No one wants to be stuck in a place where they do not feel like they belong or can excel. I am happy to say that I feel at home on this campus and know that I have the opportunity for success. If you go to a college do it for yourself and make sure that the place is somewhere you want to be for four years.

Personal place that does not make you feel like a statistic. The professors are personable and there to help rather than there just to teach you and get it over with. The campus is relaxing and nature is all around. Still able to get all shopping done, but not like a big city. The people on campus have fun in ways that other schools do not. Foremost this campus allows you to get involved in activities and make a difference to the campus in leadership positions that are not possible in highly populated campuses.

University of Pittsburgh-Bradford administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.