Greensburg, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Greensburg

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Greensburg

Additional Loan Options

Kathleen

It is a beautiful campus with a lot of great teachers and a lot of great students. While there are obviously some people I am not a fan of, I feel comfortable around most of the other students and I enjoy the overall atmosphere of the campus. Most of my professors are also very knowledgeable and approachable, though some are not the best teachers in my opinion. For the most part, however, I enjoy my classes and my professors’ teaching methods.

Tori

It is a school where you have to find things to do and be creative, there are a lot of on campus activities, but I think that a lot of students do not want to participate in them. Class sizes are great because they never really exceed 60 students and usually professors are willing to meet with students outside of class and are very engaged in letting students participate in class. Weekends are not exciting, because most students are commuters and a lot of resident students go home on weekends. The residence halls are nice, and there are no communal bathrooms which is always a plus. Overall, if you enjoy a small tight knit community in the suburbs of Greensburg, then this is the right school for you.

Marie

My overall opinion about the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg is that it is a very safe campus with police officers always on duty. The professors are easy to talk to and provide office hours and easy email access if students have questions outside of class. Classes are not necessarily a breeze. Each teacher poses challenges in their own ways. Overall the campus is beautiful, the people are nice, and the campus is safe

Lexie

The atmosphere of Pitt-Greensburg is very pleasant. There is a strong sense of community between students who live on campus, as well as commuters. The campus is large, however classes are small enough that students are able to be recognized by professors and get the help they need.

chasny

I would want to come into college knowing what I would like to do so I can get right into my major core classes instead of having to change my major many times. Also to pick somewhere you will enjoy being and have the college experiences. Also picking a school that I could afford because its so hard paying for school being outof state.

people that i used to being in the big city nothing like the city.

The people make you feel like you are at home.

Once I graduated from high school I was on my way to Sam Houston University. But one week before leaving, I found out I was pregnant. If I could go back to that time and talk to myself l would have so much to say that would make the next few years a little easier. First, I would stress that everything is going to turn out for the best. Dont be upset about no longer going to Sam Houston. Instead be excited about Blinn College which is closer to home. Here you can have family support and you will learn everything and more from professors who care about you as a single mother. You will learn not only about your major, but about life as well! Second, I would tell myself that it is alright to take your time with school, as long as you are making good grades and enjoying your time doing it. Third, I would say to soak up every minute with your new child as you can. These past four years have gone by quickly and watching my daughter grow up has been exciting and full of rewards no school could give me.

Paul

As a high school senior it is common to assume a level of world knowledge that is unattainable without life experience outside of public schooling and home living. If I could speak to myself as a high school senior I would suggest two things. First, I would comment on the importance of professors in college and their ability to impact a student's life. Consider the classes you select to be more than subject material. Do not take classes, take professors. Their life experience, educational background and professional advice can, if you let it, teach you not what to think but how to think. Find professors who will help you in this respect and take their classes as often as possible. Secondly, know that your life is unique. Strive to be like those you admire, however do not fall into the temptation to become them. Satisfaction and fulfillment comes from contemplating and embracing this uniquely human situation (that is, individualism). Your heart will be restless as you take your life and try to fit it into the mold of another's. Instead, take your life, your mold, and fill it with that which makes it truly come to life.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is somone looking for the typical "college experience" of large campus living. Both the remote location of the campus itself and the fact that about sixty percent of students commute make Pitt Greensburg a more calm school.

The most frustrating thing about Pitt Greensburg is the campus location. If students will be living on campus it is important to know that there is not much within walking distance of the main campus, so bringing a car would be a good decision. Another frustrating aspect of the location is the computer login time. Using an public use PC students should expect to wait five minutes until any work can be done. This drawback is especially frustrating when trying to get a project done or a paper printed on short notice.

Britany

First off, it's not as scary as our highschool teachers made it out to be, so don't be worried because things are much more laid back. Just because homeowork isn't mandatory. do it anyway!! Otherwise, you'll just get behind and won't understand the material. Also, if they're serving something in the cafeteria that they served the day before, I'd advice you not to eat it. Obtain as many friends as you can; you'll need and want the company and perhaps help. Never forget who you are and what you believe in. If there's something you don't want to do, speak up. One last thing: don't feel bad if you have to drop out of a class. You can always re-take it or maybe even skip it altogether. You might as well be as comfortable and happy as possible.

The type pf person that should attend this school is one who is alright with a small campus and perhaps doesn't have much of a social life.

My school is small enough to keep me comfortable, but big enough to hold everything I need to get what I need as far as 'college experience' in concerned.

Katie

More about my major and transfering to the main campus

More about my major and transfering to the main campus

I have gained life long friendships and skills during my college experience. It has made me a better leader. Being involved on campus also added to my leadership skills. Becoming a leader is very important in the career field that I am going into.

I have gained a determination unlike the kind I had before. In high school, I had the drive to finish so that my mother would be proud. College is for self fulfillment. I am passionate about teaching and about the arts, so why not be a creative writing teacher? I want a career so that I can take care of my children once I and my husband-to-be decide to bring them into this world. I want to be financially stable to handle anything thrown at me. College has also given me that "trial and error" lecture that will help me and my children when they decide to continue their education. I now know a lot of things that I blindly walked into, whether they turned out good or bad, that will aid them along the way. I was alone in my journey...my children won't be!

University of Pittsburgh-Greensburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.