Johnstown, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

lydia

So far at this point in my college career I have learned to manage time, I have learned more about myself, and I have became more well rounded student. It has been valuable to attend becuase I am trying to mold and shape myself not only as a student but as a person. I think that college is not just about your status, but it is about developing character while you are tryig to acheive your goal. The values I have gained and will continue to gain is self accomplishment, resilance ,and will power. Those are traits that cannot be taught, but can be gained through the journey through college. I think I am a vey good candidate of this scholarship and I appreciate you giving me the opportunity.

Anna

Pitt-Johnstown is a small, liberal arts school, with a very helpful and friendly faculty and staff, known for its small class sizes and individual attention given to students.

In my time here at Pitt-Johnstown, I have had an amazing time learning and interacting with fellow students as well as my professors. I think that my experience at Pitt-Johnstown has been valuable in many ways. I am very glad I chose to attend a small school because I have had the opportunity to get to know my professors. I have a leadership posistion on campus which has let me be a role model to the incoming freshman. I have learned to expand my horizons and get involved in new things on campus and in the community which is the true goal of a liberal arts school. I have learned a lot here both on and off campus as well as in and out of the classrooms. Pitt-Johnstown is helping me get ready for the real world and shaping me to have a better tomorrow.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the climate; it is a joke on campus to say we have four seasons: winter's coming, winter, more winter and contruction.

Alyson

Classmates are calm and smart, and mostly middle class Americans.

Classmates are calm and smart, and mostly middle class Americans.

During my college experience at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, it have found it valuable to learn how to live on my own and become independent. I also gained time management skills from balancing class, i have met many new people, and made new friends. I have also endured a great education and professors with great knowledge. I also value the helpful proffessors that take time out of their day to help a student in need. Any problem i have had it is easily fixed with the help of the academic success center where they offer free tutoring for almost every subject, i found this very helpful when preparing for tests, or when i am having trouble writing a paper. I feel the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is a great campus with great oppurtunites for students who are looking for smaller class sizes, and helpful proffessors.

Person who has trouble with hard classes and a person that does not like small class sizes or campus

The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is involved in community outreach.

The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is involved in community outreach.

From my college experience, I have learned that finding out what you want to do with your life is important. You want to find a subject or topic you love and are passionate about so you always want to learn more. You never want to be bored or uninterested in what you're being taught. If you are, then you've wasted your time and money. When you love what you learn, then you'll love your work later on. That's what is most important to me; planning my schooling so that I will enjoy life after college.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of organization in school offices. I've had some friends that have had to call their high schools multiple times to have them send transcripts because my school had lost or misplaced them .

Ross

My preperation would include, first taking my academic classes more serious, second saving more money from my job to apply for college and third applying myself more in activities outside the classroom and possibly forming better friendships with those in my classrooms.

The worst is by far the cafeteria food

Anyone who would injoy a bit smaller campus, somewhat a wilderness setting.

Matthew

If I could go back in time and give myself advice knowing what I know now, I would give myself two pieces of advice. First, I would tell myself about time management. As a freshmen entering college, I found myself being a social butterfly and not focusing as much attention on my academics. I would tell myself to use my time wisely and to get my work done before calling friends to hang out, or just slacking off. The second piece of advice I would give myself would to be follow my heart and not worry so much about money. When I came to college as a freshmen, I was a Pre-Pharmacy major because I wanted to be wealthy. Coming from a lower-middle class neighborhood, money was something I always strived to have a lot of. After completely 3 years of college and finally settling on a major in Communication, I realize that money can't buy you happiness. Only your passions in life can truly make you happy. If I knew these two pieces of advice entering college, I feel the transition into college life would have been a little bit smoother.

I wish that I would have know better study tactics before coming to the University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown. In my freshmen year, I seemed to be more focused on my social life than my academics and found myself cramming and struggling at the end of each semester in order to bring my grades up to where I expected them to be fore myself.

I tell my friends about how convenient the class sizes and professors are here. The class sizes range form 25-30 students per class so the professors really know personally. They can see when you are struggling with the class work and offer to help or refer you to someone who can help you. I really appreciate the fact that I'm not just another student in a class of 100+ students and that I can have an actual intellectual conversation with my professors.

Edward

The unique thing about Pitt- Johnstown is all the natural areas surrounding the campus. The campus sits on over 650 acres in senic Western Pennsylvania and features walking trails and nature areas along with a state of the art campus setting. This is just one of the reasons I chose Pitt-Johnstown.

If I could go back to high school and give advice to myself I would tell myself to use better studying habits and do more than what the teachers told me. The teachers at my high school taught to the standardized tests and we learned very little in the four years beyond that. In senior year, I was taught very little and as a result I struggled at times in my first semester in college. Along with that I never read much and did not take many notes. I would tell myself to practice stronger study skills and read more books. I would also tell myself to read beyond what the teacher explains. These skills would allow me to do even better in college.

Before I came to this school I wish I had known about all the oppertunities I could have taken advantage of in high school that could have made my college experience even better. For example if I had done a few other extra curriculars, I would have jumpstarted some oppertunities in college.

Keith

My school is the best school that I have ever been too.

My school is the best school that I have ever been too.

I would make sure that i put studying first and make sure that I following all rules and regulations. And sure myself with the people that are well adjusted and know thier way around the campus.

The worst I feel with the school is the weather when it snows.

Ronnessa

The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown was a discreet yet academiacally boasting place to achieve your academic goals while exposing yourself to diverse points of views that may not be expressed in larger universities.

My school offered a small town atmosphere while still experiencing the great curiculum and above standards of a city university. The smaller classes allowed more one on one attention from professors if needed, and the atmosphere allowed less distractions from studies. Attending a smaller university allowed for greater involvement in school acticities, greater recognition and feedback for contributions, and an overall greater sense of belonging.

Become involved in as many campus activities as possible without overwhelming yourself and neglecting studies. Working is essential and may be necessary to complete college, however extracurricular activities, publishing contests, and any other curricular motivated work is greatly looked upon after graduating. While extraneous pressure to decide on a major is prominent, take your time to research your likes, dislikes, and future occupational goals, dont be afraid to change your mind or tweak your decisions if you find out new information about set goals that no longer may be applicable to your plans. Graduating in 4 years is always the goal, however rushing to reach that goal may cause you to make mistakes that could be prevented if you work at your own pace. Do not succumb to competition in school, tho you may gauge yourself academically by your classmates progress in the class, allow yourself to work on your own level and dont stop asking questions until you understand and can explain it to someone else. Dont be afraid to reach for goals higher than what you have imagined, you will surprise yourself. And turn a deaf ear to ANY negativity!

University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.