University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

Sandra

a beautiful campus

Abbey

It's a small school but a good one. Very nice people on campus. It's a beautiful campus.

Siani

University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown not only has a beautiful campus, but great academics as well. The campus is mostly covered with tall attractive trees and surrounded by open land and the woods. The buildings are of great condition and modern design. The professors at Johnstown try their best to not only teach the class well, but also keep the students involved and on there toes. The university also tries to get each student involved in numerous peer building exercises and community service.

Madeline

The campus is very nice. Fall season in Johnstown is gorgeous, but winters are brutal. The class sizes here are very small which is nice. Faculty on campus, such as administrative positions are not vert helpful. Food, everyday, is a hit or miss, on campus. Off campus there is really nothing to do other than go to Walmart.

UPJ is a beautiful campus. It is surrounded by trees, so it is like it is in the middle of the woods, but it is less than 10 minutes from Walmart and the mall. The campus has a gym with an indoor track and a rock climbing wall. Classes are close to each other and takes no less than 5 minutes to walk to class.

Ivana

Overall, University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown is a decent school. The academics are great particularly for nursing and engineering majors. Besides that, the campus resembles a highschool due to it's small environment and student population. The surrounding town is vehemently dangerous. Most of the students here lack true education on current events, even past, that are happening in our society. I sense a lack of community here as well. Disregarding the bad here, the class sizes and student to teacher ratio are promising. Students are able to develop a professional relationship with their professors and most professors are easily accessible if a student needs help.

If you plan on going to this school you should know that there is almost absolutely nothing to do at all. If you participate in Greek Life it's like they are constantly trying to shut down all of the organizations on campus over things that are no big deal.... Extremely boring campus to the point that if you're trying to have fun you're just better off to go home and hang out with your parents instead of staying on campus for the weekend.... Another thing is that Johnstown is one of the heaviest plagued areas of the heroin epidemic so if you are looking to have a nice area to go to do things you're not going to have anything safe to go to besides just being on campus... (Where there is nothing to do). 1/10 would not recommend unless you are going there to have no friends and just get a degree instead of having a fun experience at college.

I believe that Pitt Johnstown is a great campus for students entering any major. The professors are experts in their field and are always willing to help students in need. Our facilities and housing are great on campus and make my college experience great.

Maura

I love the class size and the willingness of professors to want to connect with their students. Professors are very willing to meet with students at any time to help in any way possible. The atmosphere on campus is great, everyone is friendly. There are plenty of activities and clubs to get involved in and the academics are highly rated. They provide the same material that the University of Pittsburgh does, just in a smaller class setting.

Kyleigh

It is a very great school. Everyone is so nice and helpful. The professors are great and always ready to help a student in need and the students and other faculty members are really nice and helpful too. This school is a really nice place for upcoming students like me. I feel like I already belong here and that I am ready to learn and excel in my education there.

Katelyn

UPJ is a great place to learn and has many activities for students to grow and make friends. There is a lot to do on and off campus, the food isn’t terrible, but it could always be better. The community on and off campus is small but perfect for people who don’t enjoy the city life.

Kat

It is a good campus and a good place to receive an education. The Professors are nice, and students are able to meet with them during their office hours. The Campus is beautiful, and the classrooms are nice, as are the dorm rooms. There is a wide variety of classes to take and clubs to join.

Eleana

If I had the option, I would have given UPJ half of a star. I attended UPJ for a year and then transferred to a different school. The school is extremely small and most students are commuters, so there is barely anyone on campus during the weekends. There are not many opportunities here or extra curricular, so it is easy to get bored here. There are a few students who enjoy going here, but most are unhappy. If you are looking for a real and fulfilling college experience, do not go here.

I think it is a great school academically and allows for a student to excel. There is not much to do in the area, but it is small enough to get to know new people. I have met amazing people there and feel so safe on campus. I know that there are professors that care about me and my growth and I am super blessed to have had them in class.

I am a future student at the University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown. When I visited the campus, I felt like I was at home. Unlike other colleges, I actually felt safe at this place. The classroom sizes are the size of a typical high school class. They have excellent food as well. They have one of the highest reputations for academics around where I live. I am very excited to be attending here in the fall.

Leighann

I love my campus. The people here are really nice and so are the professors. The food is good on certain days, but there are plenty of different dining options in the Union as well as off-campus. There is always something going on somewhere, just have to keep your eyes open for them.

Makenna

UPJ is a good place to go to college if you want somewhere who will push you to your academic best. It is a lot of work, but after all, you end up graduating with University of Pittsburgh on your diploma, and around here that will get you very far. The class sizes are small which makes the professors easily accessible whenever you need them and that is great. Everyone gets to know everyone and that can open more doors up for you in the future.