Pittsburgh, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

justin

Look for a college that has the type of student body that you would like to become. Try not to make any long term decisions when your young.

bad neighborhoods, binge drinking, and lack of focus

Mel

Everyone is miserable at Pitt. Even the name is ugly. I don't know if this because of the miserable weather, the dangerous gritty urban milieu, or the constant stress of everyone wondering, "How the hell do I get out of Pittsburgh?"

Run, don't walk away from this school.

This is for the Honors College prospective students particularly. Virtually any other school would do better by you post-graduation. I have friends who had C and D averages from Harvard and Brown respectively. They had better opportunities than I did with straight A's from Pitt's Honors College. No kidding. Go to another school. Even if you get the free ride it's not worth even that price. I had that and it turned out to be the most expensive mistake of my life. Think about it. No one knows Pitt outside of the tristate region and even that is sketchy. No one will want to know or care if you were in UHC. People will look on you with pity if you mention it. I've even seen some gateways to cultural and academic capital computerize this process of discrimination. If you don't have an alum email from the right list, you're not allowed in. Go to Penn, CMU, or a smaller private school. Play the student loan game so you don't resent this most important academic choice of your life. If you have any goals of postgraduate education, where you go for undergrad is a much more important decision than who you marry. Don't let Stewart seduce you. Pitt is a terrible choice for a spouse.

Hell, even if all you like is football and partying, go to Penn State, OSU, WVU or even Rutgers. They have better athletics and social scenes. You won't get mugged and probably will get a better education to boot.

Adina

University of Pittsburgh is academically challenging as well as a place to discover new points of views on life and society...

A drug addict, alcoholic, non-motivated student, rude, non-accepting of others, or someone with anti-social behaviors should not attend this school.

Make sure that you visit the University a couple of times before you choose it. Make sure that you actually know what environment you work/study best in. Size and location is significant. Only make the choice based on what you want not others.

Suci

Pitt puts an emphasis on students being well rounded, because they provide opportunities outside of the classroom while helping you within the classroom.

Pick a school that meets your academic and social standards because the environment in which you learn has an effect on what you learn. Make the most out of college by taking advantage of all the things that the school has to offer.

I would tell parents and students to be sure that you have checked out all the aspects of the college you choose before making the final decision. Remember that you won't always be doing homework, so check out the activites and entertainment around campus to be sure you won't be bored. The most important thing is to way out your options. Compare the price of tuition with what the school offers. Otherwise, in the end you will be asking yourself, "Was it really worth all that money?"

The Dean's office policies concerning finals. I missed my finals my freshmen year because I ran over a deer on the way to school and it tore out the undercarriage of my car. I commute from West Virginia, so there was no way fro me to get there. However, because I wasn't hurt in the accident, I wasn't permitted to retake my finals and failed the entire semester.

I wish I had known their policies for finals and how much the professors and advisors could care less if you are failing or not.

Richard

It is a great place to meet life long friends

It is a great place to meet life long friends

We do not get enought credit for our school even thought it is challenging

Heather

Find some place that has everything you want, because it is out there.

Find some place that has everything you want, because it is out there.

That seniors are not guaranteed housing and end up living in horrible housing nearby.

Senior housing and also parking.

Karen

I like that the cultural districts around Pittsburgh are very accessible and I think that Pitt does a good job at making these things avaiable and cheeper to experience.

I to Pitt for it's Pharmacy program. I applied for the pre-pharmacy program and my school made it seem like it wouldn't be a problem to get into the pharmacy school. Little did I know that hundreds of students are accepted into "pre-pharmacy" when really its just like being accepted inot the school of arts and sciences. This school was way out of my budget but I thought it would be a good investment. 4 years later I was not one of the less than 100 students admitted into the pharmacy school out of 1000+ applicants.

If your son or daughter wants to go into a profession that requires applying later to a program or department, it doesn't matter where you go to school to meet the requirements to apply. Most schools do not favor their own when selecting applicants and it almost looks better if you went to another school, so as to diversify their own program.

Hilary

My advice to parents and students would be to start thinking about college early on in high school because it is one of the most influential times of their lives. By doing this, students will be able to complete as many college credits in highschool and during the summer before college as they can. This way your college experience will be more laid back, and you can really have the time to enjoy the activities and the overall experience, or you could even graduate early and leave a semester for an internship. Another word of advice would be to live on campus because the friends that you make in your first year of college will likely be some of the best friends that you will make in your life. I feel like I missed out on alot of friends by living at home. My last bit of advice would be to never let financial troubles affect your decision of wether or not to go to college. There is always a way through grants and loans as long as you don't miss the FASFA deadline! (june before freshman fall term)

There are tons of people and classes are based on relevant material to the workforce. There is very little "busy work".

I brag about how Pitt is growing in popularity and the value of my degree will grow.

Caitlin

We have some super grad programs and professors, and the campus itself is pretty neat with the Cathedral of Learning. That really sets us apart. Other than that, we're known for being Penn State's biggest rival...

There is a lot of partying, but there is a lot of other stuff to do, and there are a lot of other people who don't drink. Spend enough time on homework, but spend time making friends, too.

If you keep an open mind, you can enjoy any school you attend. A good academic program with good professors is important, but so is your willingness to do work outside of class. An active selection of clubs and activities is important, but so is your willingness to participate in them. Band or sports can be a great way to make friends, even if there aren't many other activities. Don't nix a college right away because it's too big or too small; it's the size that you make it. The best advice I heard is that a class is only as big as the people in the rows in front of you. I took a freshman psychology class with 360 students, but sitting toward the front, I never felt left out. Figure out if you'll need a way to get to the neighboring town for groceries or anything. And remember to find a balance between fun, work, and class. Even if it's not your first choice, you can enjoy any place you go if you'll only be open-minded.

University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.