University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

MonaLisa

The dormitories at Pitt are purely awesome, clean, and most importantly, safe. Freshmen are typically placed at the towers (tower A, B, and C) and some floors at Lothrop Hall and Sutherland. Sophomores and Juniors typically choose to live at one of the suites at the Quadrangle and apartment-styled dorms just off campus. Seniors typically live off campus (since seniors aren't guaranteed housing). All dorms are equipped with furniture, internet access and TV access. You have to purchase your own microwave, fridge, and TV. But other that that, everything is provided. The Towers are for incoming freshmen, and they house up to 2000 freshmen in total. It is at the center of the campus, where everything is located (campus mailroom, book center, market central, UPS store, etc) This is where freshman make their first friends, learn to do laundry, learn to mail packages, and most importantly, learn to live life away from their parents. The only thing annoying about the towers is the fact that rooms are cramped together on every floor. When you have so many students living in close proximity, it may cause much comfortableness or even awkwardness. Upperclassmen dorms include Lothrop, panther, pennsylvania, the halls in the quad, and apartment-styled halls. You can visit the Market Central website for more information for each dormitory. But basically, Lothrop doesn't have air-con, panther and PA are up a high hill which causes traveling a bit annoying, and the halls i the quad tend to be very cramped. Apartment- styled dorms are the new edition to the university, such as Bouquet gardens and ruskin. However, they are the most expensive to live in, so make sure you have the money before you decide to pay your housing deposit for them!

Adam

This is a showing of some of the best dorms to live in at the U of P campus....although there are more. Also check out this crazy Hawk EATING a squirrel right outside of the computer lab at Posvar (a building on campus)!!! Piiiittttssbuuurgggh!!!

Adam

This is a compilation of what I feel to be the worst dorms on campus. Although there not too bad at all. This is where a lot of the freshman live. The towers are only freshman and Holland Hall is for young ladies that are Freshman as well as Sophomores! Plus a hawk EATING a Squirrel!