University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

« See more reviews of University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

The University of Pittsburgh is best known for the Cathedral of Learning. The Cathedral is a very large building here on campus that is an architectural beauty. Inside the building there are many rooms known as nationality rooms, each of these rooms representing a different culture. Not only are they shown off to the public, but they are taught in as well. It is a grand place to visit, which our President Barack Obama and his wife got the pleasure of doing so during the G-20 summit here in Oakland in September 2009.

My school is best known for the research it does. It is a very research based school, especially when it comes to the scientific fields. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is a huge hospital and research chain throughout Pittsburgh This school also strives for academic excellence as well as prides itself in athletics. Our football and basketball teams are nationally ranked, so we have a lot of school spirit here.

University of Pittsburgh is best known for its science and research. It has a fun, safe and multi cultural envirnoment. This school is encorporated into the city of Pittsburgh, and has so much to offer, while in school or post education. the city is very student friendly. Attending this university has been a challenging and rewarding experience for me both in my studies and socialy.

I would say the school is best known for it's health professions, with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center being available for further education, research, and other opportunities. We also have great athletic programs at the school. This year Pitt may be best known for it's top ranked basketball team which was number 1 twice this season.

Pitt is well known for research, in particular in the sciences and in medical fields. We have very strong science departments in both undergraduate and graduate schools, and there is a lot of interaction between departments and schools. We're also well known for our athletics (especially football and basketball).

My school (The University of Pittsburgh) is probably best known for its excellent Pre-Medical Professions programs. There is an excellent hospital system here in the city of Pittsburgh, and that gives many opportunities for the students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real life situations.

University of Pittsburgh is best known for its sports! Our basketball team is infamous, and the football games are amazing. In addition, we are a top rated school in America and well known for various programs such as Nursing, Education, Pharmacy, and many other programs.

PITT is best known for our athletics, mainly basketball! We are currently ranked #9 in the Big East Conference with a record of 15-2. As a future medical student, I am most familiar with PITT because of the medical school and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

I would say it would be a toss-up between athletics and research. The school has competitive division 1 teams and has one of the highest research endowments in the country, wth many industry-leading professors leading the research.

We have some super grad programs and professors, and the campus itself is pretty neat with the Cathedral of Learning. That really sets us apart. Other than that, we're known for being Penn State's biggest rival...