University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

« See more reviews of University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

I brag about many things, but I will only speak on three perks of the University of Pittsburgh. Perk 1: Free public transportation in the city of Pittsburgh. PITT knows that most of the undergraduate students attending the university are flat out broke. So they drastically cut down the cost of transportation by providing free access to the city buses. This is a great advantage because you never have to pay the $2.00 bus fee. Perk 2: We have every club you can think of, from knitting to martial arts. Perk 3: We have a WONDERFUL Biological Sciences Program.

I would brag to my friends about how I have everything I need. With so many incredible alumni and awesome student organizations, the University of Pittsburgh offers everything you need to be a successful college student. As a business student, I can schedule a meeting with an advisor in the morning and meet with them in the afternoon. I can have my resume reviewed by a professional and even have a mock interview, and it doesn't require scheduling weeks in advance. I truly believe the University of Pittsburgh gives me everything I need to succeed.

I brag about the amount of fun I have with my friends on the weekends. Pitt students have free access to the Port Authority transportation system in Allegheny County and we take advantage of it, so long as no one has an exam early in the next week. The friends I myself have made are all so understanding that even when I was unable to go out because I needed to study, they would shrug, grab their work, and come back to my room and study for their courses. I brag about the generosity and genuinely wonderful people you will meet at my school.

"The city is our campus." The University of Pittsburgh is right in the heart of Oakland, and every student's ID serves as a bus pass. While our campus is relatively isolated from the actual city, we're free to explore and experience many cultural and educational opportunities all throughout the city. One is never at a loss for something to do; whether you're craving Indian cuisine, want to go to a karaeoke bar, or want to attend a sporting event in the City of Champions, there's something for everyone.

I tell them about the numersous opportunites that University of Pittsburgh has to offer. Since we have The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center it's agency allows students from all majors to get internships, volunteer work, or research opportunities. When your not in the books, the university is in the middle of a city so there is always something to do. It's a good transition school from those who are used to smaller rural areas, but also a happy mediem to those students who are used to a big city!

The thing I brag about most is the Cathedral of Learning. It is such a beautiful building from the outside, but what's on the inside is even more amazing. The Nationality Rooms are awe-inspiring. There are different rooms dedicated to different nationalities. They are all elaborately decorated, and the best part is, classes are held in these rooms. It is inspiring to be studying international relations and global studies at a school that honors global culture.

I love the sports' teams. Pitt is known, partly, for its athletic achievement. The football and basketball teams excel tremendously in their conferences, as do the other varsity sports as well. I brag about the Pitt Panthers when I am home, and I love to be apart of such school spirit. I also brag about my job. I work as a lifeguard at the university. The work environment and the people are incredible. It is such a fun atmosphere to work in and be a part of.

One of the best aspects of going to school in Pittsburgh is having access to the city and all it has to offer. The University does a tremendous job of facilitating student participation in various events throughout the city. For example, the school offers discounted tickets to many concerts and shows. Many of my friends attend colleges in rural or suburban areas. and do not have the same opportunities as I do living in a large city.

School spirit. Everyone supports our college. I also tell them about how in depth into research our college is. There are so many undergraduated oppurtunities. Then there is our sports teams- among some of the best in the nation. Also I feel like I am learning so much more in and out of the classroom than students that go to other schools. What isn't there to brag about?

When I brag about my school, I tell them about all of the things there are to do on and off campus. By being in the city, everything is at your fingertips and the University of Pittsburgh allows all of its students free bus fare so it is easy to go anywhere, anytime. Even staying on campus is fun because of all of the different festivals, museums, galleries, and shops.