University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

« See more reviews of University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

The food served in dining halls is lacking in many areas including flavor, variety, and healthy choices. Being a young woman raised in a household with delicious hot meals served every night, I am quite disappointed in the poor quality of food served at the University of Pittsburgh. I try to avoid eating at the main dining hall: Market Central because the menu never changes and the food is unhealthy for the most part. I feel as if my parent's valuable money was put to waste on this meal plan because I have become reluctant to dine on campus.

I am the type of person who complains endlessly about things, however, at the end of the day I come to realization that what I have is possibly more than what another person does. Although I was not thriled with the idea of coming to a small campus, I have to come to enjoy my time here and to be grateful for the amazing opportunity I have been given. I have acquired the same skills students in big campuses do, but in a more relaxed fashion. Due to this, I am unable to find the worst thing about my school.

I would say the worst thing about the University of Pittsburgh is probably the available of good quality, affordable off campus housing. While the University is excellent at accommodating students with on campus housing up until their junior year, the apartments around campus are in poor condition and not worth the price that landlords charge. However, since these houses are all that is available the students don?t have a much of a choice come senior year.

On the university level, you get back what you put into it. So if you approach your future with a positive attitude and a driven mentality, you will reap most of the benefits there are available. However, the only downfall at Pitt is probably the weather. As uncontrollable as it is, the unpredictability of poor weather definitely keeps you on your toes. All in all, there are no negative remarks to be made. As stated above, it is what you make of it.

To be honest, I don't consider any part of the University of Pittsburgh Bad. The walk up to upper campus may not be the most fun in the cold, but we have the option of taking a shuttle, or getting well needed exercise. I enjoy being here, and was stumped to think of something "not so great" about the University of Pittsburgh, only to realize that there is no "worst thing", in fact, even for its large size, it's a pretty amazing place to be.

I think the worst thing about Pitt is that I can't participate in or appreciate all that surrounds me. There are just too many things to do and see at all times of the day/moth/year; at times, even when I'm busy with schoolwork or volunteering or friends or my jobs, its easy to feel like I'm missing out on other opportunities, just because I constantly hear about something new to be involved in or to go do in the city or around campus.

The worst aspects about Pitt are the weather and the hills. The weather tends to lean towards a cold and dark/cloudy forecast. Also, during the winter there tends to be a lot of snow and rain. We do not get to see the sun as much as I would like. Second, the campus is broken into two parts: lower and upper campus and as someone who lives on lower campus it can be tiring and difficult to get to upper campus when need be.

I think the worst thing about Pitt is the weather. This is not a school for someone who cannot handle the cold. It snows and rains all the time, so you have to just get used to it. Unless there is a blizzard, you also have to realize classes will not be cancelled, unlike friends at other schools. But when the weather is nice and over 50, everyone is excited, happy, and wearing their springtime clothes.

It was difficult coming in as a transfer student to the business school because by the time the business students' were in their 3rd year together, my first year coming in as a transfer student, groups of friends had been set and familiarity with certain people was already there. There isn't much of a set campus either so a transfer student commuting did not provide for a good environment to make friends.

The worst thing about Pitt, besides the dreary winters, is dealing with bureaucracy. Getting permission to complete internships can be a headache because you go from one department to another and nobody seems to be the "right" person to help you. Freshman advising is mediocre, and upperclassman advising is disorganized. Trying to get help with advising and logistical matters can be frustrating.