University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

« See more reviews of University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

Students that attend the University of Pittsburgh need to be exceptionally driven and focused inividuals. The campus is large and the majority of core classes are held in large lecture halls with 300+ people. You need to be able to learn outside of the classroom, because professors are not always available to help when needed. With such a large campus, there are tons of distractions nearly all the time - parties, festivals, events, etc. - that can really inhibit your study time. If you can balance a demanding academic schedule and social life, then Pitt would be the school for you.

Pitt would be a good choice for someone who is ambitious and expects to do big things with their life- there are a lot of research, intern, and job opportunities at this university, and it would behoove students to take advantage of all that is offered here. Incoming students should enjoy being around people, being busy, and being part of something much bigger than themselves. There is room for individuality at Pitt, but not much space for the anti-social. Pitt is best suited for those who intend to assume some type of leadership position, and for the self motivated.

I believe a motivated student would be compatible with Pittsburgh. If you do well in school and tend to not slack off, you would be a good fit. Pittsburgh is highly interested in students with career goals, and many students are motivated to get internships and co-ops to reflect that. If you are serious about pursuing your passion, while still wanting to be in a fun, loving environment, I would recommend Pitt to you. I would keep in mind that Pitt is an expensive school, especially for those out-of-state.

The University of Pittsburgh is great for a student who knows exactly what he/she wants to do, or someone who really has no idea, like I was. There are so many opportunites and an enormous variety of classes. There are also many extra-curricular activities, volunteer and research opportunities, clubs and Greek life. I myself volunteer at one of the nearby hospitals and work for a Biology Lab on campus. Pitt is great for someone who wants a lot of opportunities and is open minded.

Students who attend this school are hard-working, focused, and driven to succeed. Most of us love to go out and have fun with our friends, but we do not let that interfere in our school work/load. People planning on applying and those that will attend this university should expect to work hard, because it is very competitive here in everyone's particular field of study. and expect to have fun.

Any student that is looking to greatly better there future. Just by attending the University of pittsburgh it has helped me my job search this summer and making it possible for me to coach a youth softball team over the summer. I am very glad that I chose Pitt because I will always ahve good memories to share and will graduate with a very high chance of getting a job out of school.

An open-minded person should attend this school. Students, professors, activities, subjects are all very diverse since the school is so large. A college student enrolled here should be open-minded and willing to try and learn about different people, cultures and ideas. If they are close-minded, they will not make friends or experience the other unique opportunities offered.

A somewhat liberal person should apply to this school. Any person interested in the engineering or medical field should definitely apply to this school also. The campus is in the middle of a city so it is likely best suited for someone who is not used to quiet towns in the country. Athletes with promising futures in sports would also do very well at this school.

I believe people who are strongly driven should attend this school. Pitt strives to produce excellence in each and every one of its students. Therefore, Pitt creates an environment of academic excellence. Not only does pitt produce academic excellence, but it draws people from diverse backgrounds through athletics and the arts to create a well rounded community.

A lot of middle class and upper middle class people attend Pitt. However, an increasing amount of adults and lower middle class students are entering as well. I think someone who is interested in changing the surroundings by offering more environmental concern and social diversity should attend Pitt to reshape the population.