Titusville, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Titusville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Titusville

tony

If i could go back in time to my senior year of high school, i would tell myself to not give up on our dream. I would tell myself about the history i've had with other colleges and reccomend they start with hostos community college becuase it has he right programs we need there. and to focus and keep studying to graduate and transfer toa four year college.

Brianna

If I could go back in time I would definitely tell my self to try not to procrastinate. I was a huge procrastinator in high school. College is way different than high school, you cant just tell your teacher "oh I forgot I had a paper due today, I'll bring it in tomorrow." It doesn't work like that in college, you'll get a zero, most professors have a low tolerance for things like that. Another thing I would tell myself would be save your money! Everyone wasn't lying when they said all college students are broke. Unless you have very wealthy parents most of the time you'll be broke unless you get a job. Also never give up, your freshman year will be the hardest so just stay focused and do as much extra credit a possible. you'll definetly need it.

The best thing about my school would probably be the cafe.

Alex

If I was capable of going back into time I would tell myself first too take my time with my future and not rush into guessing what it is I want to do with it. I would let myself know that loving what you do, and appreciating what you have is the most important task in life. I would also let myself know that the journey forward to adulthood would not be easy, but worth every second. I would tell myself to take more pictures, and write in a journal. And also too appreciate every second I had.

effie

My school is small, one-one with the teachers for extra help, the students get to associate with the community, offers a four year program in business and nursing that can aslo lead into a job after graduation, a two year progam for students planning to major in other four year degrees in other schools or to main campus.

my advice for myself as a high school senoir will be to choose my classes wisely, get a G.P.A of 4.0 and higher for better chances of great scholarships or getting a full scholarship; get as much help as posibble from teachers especailly my very hardest A.P. class, learn to study well and a lot more because college is not a joke. College students need to spend time studying almost all the time for all their classes or major classes because they get tougher from freshman to senoir year. I should spend more time learning how to study better even though the way i used to study worked very well through out my years in high school. Also i should spend time applying for scholarships even when i know that I'm graduating and the scholarships extended to the summer. More time in studying, gets me a better G.P.A and better chances of getting good scholarships to help fund for my college education. This would be the advice i would give to myself.

A student who is committed to succeed and make create a better life for themselves is someone who wants a two year degree to be eligible to get on the work force; someone who wants a four degree like business or nursing can pursue their career in this school or for someone who has wants four year degree that like engineering can start at University of Pittsburgh-Titusville and contuinue to pursue their education either at main campus or any other school; and someone who looks into advancing into the new technology in oder to apply for a good job.

Shelby

Right now you are probably more concerned with your upcoming road trip and dates with that cute boy you met at your cousin’s wedding, but check it out. You are soon to enter a whole new world (kind of like Aladdin & Jasmine). Take everything the future has to offer, experience as much as possible. There will be moments in which you want to give up, pack your things and run back to mom & dad (hard to believe, I know) but stick to it, you can are strong enough. You’ll learn the friends you make in college will stick with you in life, the classes you struggle with will likely be the most memorable and the dining center food isn’t all that bad! You’ll learn that life happens all too quickly and you wish you could go back to not worrying about a job and mortgages and car payments and keeping food in the cupboards. Take my advice. Be nice to the guy that delivers your Pita Pit at 2:37am on a Wednesday because you are still awake writing a paper for your class that starts at 9. You can do this!

Lacey

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself two things. The first thing being is college is not as bad as you thought it was going to be. I mean you have to study a lot harder than what you did in high school but its not bad. The second thing is to take in more things that you have learned in high school and just apply it to what you are going to learn in college. the reason for that is because in ur first semester you basically relearn what you have already learned, like your math, english, and say you took a class for your major in hiogh school and you retake it again in college just remember what you have learned in high school and apply it to your college course. These are the two things i would tell myself if i could go back in time.

I think anyone could attend this school. Especially if they want a small size campus and town. This is a good school to go to if it is your first year and your trying to get use to going and being at college. I would not recommend this school to anyone that loves to live in a big city cause in Titusville there really isn't much to do and its a very small town, so i think people that love the country should come to this school. This is the kind of person that should come to this school.

I usually tell my friends that its nice to be on a campus that isn't so big and has a good size amount of students. Another thing is how nice the professors are. They are very willing to help you outside of the classroom, especially when it comes to a test, they are willing to help and to answer any questions that you might have. This is what i usually tell my friends when we talk about each of the colleges we go to.

Meghan

The University of pittsburgh is best known for being a branching campus for the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

If could go back in time and have a conversation with myself, I would tell myself not to sweat it so much. The college experience is a big change, but not so much that you have to rush over it and miss the last part of your senior year in high school. I'd also tell myself to take it easy and not to over think about which college would want to get into or apply to because essentially they all can benift my acedemics.

The kind of person who shouldn;t attend this branch of the university is someone who likes being surrounded by a lot of people. Here at Titusville there aren't as many people on campus, so if you're someone who likes to be in the big city or even a bigger rural area, i suggest another campus.

david

Everything mentioned above makes UPT a unique institution. Small calss sizes, personal learning experience, easy contact with professors are all quality traits for any university. I couldn't point out one thing in particular that differentiates UPT because it was my first and last choice. I can say that I'm very happy I chose UPT, and although not everyone wants to be at a small college, if you're serious about learning its an excellent place to be.

The one bit of advice I would give myself would be to TAKE HIGH SCHOOL SERIOUSLY! Personally I don't have to much trouble learning new concepts and ideas, and applying them, but if I had known that I would be seeing the physical sciences again in college, I most definitley would have committed myself to learning and understanding them in high school. It would have made things much easier at the university level to already have a true understanding of higher order mathematics and science since these are the main subjects I find myself having to learn now. If I had taken high school seriously I already would have established strong study habits too, as opposed to building them after I entered college. It turns out that all the stuff I thought was being crammed down my throat actually was worth a little bit more time and effort.

I most enjoy the smaller class sizes at UPT. It makes the experience feel more personal, not to mention it makes getting to know professors much easier. If a student needs help they can easily get in touch with an instructor for some one-on-one tutoring which can be a life saver. The small-town feel is another aspect I like since I grew up in a similar environment.

Sadeen

College credits are important for the completion of my college career. I would have told myself to do much better in my classes so that i would be able to move up in some of them because my school, Pittsburgh Central Catholic, offers college level courses and would have counted as college credit. Successful completion of those classes would have allowed me to earn my bachelors degree at a quicker rate so to not waste time. Furthermore, I would have been able to take more advanced classes when I got to college which in turn could result in a higher number of credits.

Jean

Self, it's imparative that you read more to improve your comprehension skills. Take the SAT and ACT, ask questions about assignments you don't understand. Learn how to navigate the library. Stop feeling intimidated to ask questions. Save money when you get your first job and attend one class at a time while supporting yourself.

University of Pittsburgh-Titusville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.