Titusville, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Titusville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Titusville

Brenda

University of Pittsburgh-Titusville is the best place to go to school for your two years undergradute; due to the attention that you get from your professor and because your able to get things done and is able to let you focus because its location is in a small town.

Three advice that I would give myself if I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior are not to get influenced by my peers, be productive with my time, and know the reason why your in college. My first year at Pitt Titusville was a life changing experience due to all the things that my peers were trying to influence me on doing such as, drinking and partying every night. Second, one thing that many of my peers including myself had a difficult time with was time management. Yes, you are in college and you want to have fun, but you have to be able to manage your school work and fun at the same time. Third, you must know what you want to accomplish in life and why your parents are paying thousands of dollars for you to be in school. Many people come to college and try to live the college life (fun life, independent life) but don't put much work on their education and dream. Finally, get involved in your school like I did, it could be joining SGA, intramurals sports, honor societies and etc.

To be honest, I don't find anything bad at my school. I consider University of Pittsburgh Titusville the best school I could have ever picked and attended to. The enviroment and the professors are great, and I get the attention needed in order to understand my work. So there isn't any thing bad about my school that I dislike.

Anne

Working hard throughout high school years really pays off during college. The students that slacked off in high school don’t have the basics of knowledge to keep up with college courses. College classes are more serious, but it is an individual’s choice whether he or she wants to attend class. There are no more parents telling saying you have get up and attend school in the morning so try to train yourself before you are on your own. Professors don’t care if you come to class or not because either way they still get a paycheck. Be respectful towards everyone no matter if they’re your friends or not. Don’t play with any drama because that makes you a low person. If people are rude and mean to you, just take the high road and stay away from them.

The professors and faculty members at our school are very welcoming. They put in a lot of their time and effort to work around their student’s schedules. When students don’t understand class material, professors will make time either during their office hours or free time to go over previous lectures. The positive side about a small school is feeling at home.

The most frustrating is the young adults at the school are really immature. They don’t use their time wisely to study and they pay money to just have a fun college experience. Everyone looks forward to partying and hanging out with friends on the weekend. I dislike how students pay money to get an education and don’t realize that when they don’t do well, they are just flushing money down the toilet.

Abigail

My school is probably best known for its small size, intimate campus, and friendly students and staff. Everyone knows everyone here and we have all become extremely close and now consider these people part of my family. We have all grown so close, and no matter what is going on, there is always someone there willing to lend a helping hand.

If I could go back in time and give myself a little advice about starting college, I would definitely tell myself to just calm down. I am a worrier and I freak myself out over everything. I was so scared of coming to college and beginning the next chapter in my life. Knowing now how easy the transition was and how everyone at school is so nice and how easy it was to become friends with everyone and create such amazingly close with everyone at school, I know how silly it was for me to be as afraid and as worried as I was. I would tell myself that you’re going to love college and the adorable campus will be just like home and your peers and the friends you make will become your second family. You have nothing to worry about. Just take a breath, calm down, and enjoy the ride.

Anyone should attend the University of Pittsburgh at Titusville. If you like friendly people and want to attend a close knit college where you will develop not only an amazing education but also friendships and relationships that will last a lifetime, you belong at UPT.

Anisah

I would tell my high school self to not be so afraid! When going into college its important to be open minded but at the same time to be aware of the consenquences and being aware of the surroundings. I was so afraid when I first go to school. I was known to be so innocent. I talked to people but didnt really do much, so I was bored all of the time. Being silly is apart of college, its when knowing when play time is over is what matters really.

I wish I had know the actual population of the students living on campus...which is seems since ive been here has been left than 200 students.

The staff here, I feel anyway, doesnt really care about the students. All they care about is their money. Sometimes they treat us like dog fecies and other times they treat us like five year olds.

Jade

If I could go back and talk to myself when i was in high school, I would tell myself not to stress so much. That things will work out as long as you let them. I would also tell myself to save save save! because college is exspensive Tuiton, Gas money, books, and all the medical items I had to have done to qualify for nursing. The last thing i would tell myself is that i can make it in college, that there is no need to doubt myself in anyway because in the end everything will be worth it.

There really is not a certian type of person who should not attend. They accept every type of race, religion, and personality. They are very welcoming to everyone.

Jenna

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to try harder in Chemistry. I could have gotten a better grade, But The most important thing that I would tell myself about college is that I picked the right major. I love what I am doing Physical Therapy Assistant is exactly what I want to do. And that college life is not going to be anything like I thought. It's hard yes. But there's time for freinds and when you love what you're doing then everything is worth it. And most of all never give up. Not even when I finally finish.

How many culturally diverse people were going to be there. It's Great!

The worst thing about my school is the fact that there are alot of sctivities that are hard for a commuter student to participate in.

Andrea

It's a small school affiliated with a big school, which offers many opportunities. The class sizes are also small allowing plenty of one-on-one time between students and professors.

Take college seriously; every semester counts. School is your number one priority, not friends. It's okay to have fun, but keep school your biggest focus.

The school's small, and there's not much to do for fun. The food is also awful.

Brynn

My school is small, but it lives up to being a Pitt branch campus.

My school is small, but it lives up to being a Pitt branch campus.

What is unique about my school is that after 2 years I am able to go to Main or another campus, which I am for my 2011-2012 year. It also gives you a sense of what college is like before you go to a bigger school.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, what would I say? I would first start out with saying you need to study hard. You go to college to get an education, not to party and have fun. I would also tell myself to try to ignore drama and find friends who support your education and actually want to work hard. I would also say to take things seriously. The reason I would say this is because one day if you don't take things seriously, then maybe you could be out of college and not be able to go back because of the mistakes you made. I know if I would go back in time I would prepare myself fully for the college experience.

Christopher

Even thoough its a very small school, you have a great opportunity to advance and take your eduacation to transfer and complete your degree in the Pitt system. The student to faculty ratio is about 13:1 which is not bad at all. They are very persistent and very concerned with helphing everyone succeed and get into a career. They are very careful as to what we get a degree in, they are always up for ideas which will better our futures.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to carefully research the computer engineering field, and dont be afraid to make changes, because the longer you wait, the harder it affects you in the future and the slower it wil take to start an actual career. If I could go back in time, i would go back and tell myself to consider going to an out of state school which would benefit me more.

Not much to brag except that it is a 2 year institution and that majorty of the classes here are fairly easy to attend and pass.

Nyae

I would of did less cramming, and actually taught myself better studying habits because college work is fast pace with alot of material to take in.

a person that comes from a small town and is not use to the city life because they would adapt better. A person that loves small class sizes and loves getting that one on one attention from their professors.

University of Pittsburgh-Titusville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.