University of Portland

« See more reviews of University of Portland

University of Portland is a challenging school that is blessed with outstanding professors (most of them anyways...), resources available to all students that need them, high levels of graduation and job-placement, lots of school spirit, and awesome social traditions between dorms that allow for lots of friends and fun; however the University seems to make the school as expensive as possible--both with tuition, room and board, and cafe foods; resources off campus are extremely difficult to get to without a car--these are setbacks but I love UP and still would choose it again.

University of Portland is a school where students truly come to learn and get an education not only in the classroom, but also in real life as the faculty encourages the students to move beyond their textbooks and learn from the world from downtown Portland to rural towns in Kenya; in sum, this school is populated with students and faculty that are committed to learning, exploring their curiosity, opening themselves to the world surrounding them, and applying their gained knowledge through academia to life.

UP really lives up to its mantra of, "Rise", they give their students all the tools they need to succede in life; through their rigourus course load that makes you comprhend more than you thought possibel, to thier focus on service learing and justice, and their dedication to finding you a vocation, they make their students "Rise" up to their fullest potential.

The University of Portland is a incredibly fun, culturally and ethnically diversed, academiclly challenging college where the students are able to grow as an individual and become an adult, all while reciving an amazing education and having fun through all the activities the Univeristy provides, and also making friends that will last a lifetime.

The University of Portland is a school that is best for students transitioning from small high schools into a college community; it provides multiple opportunities for students, even new students, to get involved in the campus' community and has small classes led by enthusiastic professors that genuinely care about their students' well-being.

University of Portland, which is a small Holy Cross institution, is filled with professors who truly care about their students, students who take their education very seriously yet still make time for fun, and staff members that go to great measures to ensure that the students are receiving the ultimate educational college experience.

The University of Portland is a great place for young people to receive an education and prepare themselves for a world run by money and technology, however, if one does not affiliate with the catholic church, has little to offer in terms of personal and spiritual growth and critical thinking skills.

The University of Portland is a welcoming campus that has been extremely helpful at giving me, and other students, the opportunities and resources needed to succeed in college and in life, both as academic scholars and well-rounded individuals, while still providing a social environment.

In one sentence, the University of Portland can be described as a small, tight-nit community where you walk outside and run into multiple friends, your professors know who you are and care about your academic success, and school pride runs deep in the veins of everyone on campus.

The University of Portland is a liberal arts college that encourages students to grow mentally, spiritually, and physically through teaching, faith, and service, and emphasizes the importance of community and working together to be a positive influence in the world.