University of Portland

« See more reviews of University of Portland

University of Portland is best known for the amount of service activities its students participate in. There is a large sense of community on campus and everyone is committed to helping each other have the best experience. There are many opportunities to get involved and a variety of service projects offered. Many students participate in service in the immediate community and many students participate in service learning immersions where groups travel to different cities, states and even countries to help serve and reach solidarity with those in need. Without service University of Portland would not be the same amazing school.

The University of Portland is known for many things. It is known for having outstanding academics, not only for the basic graduation requirements of the University, but for all majors and minors that are offered here. It is known especially for its very selective acceptance of students, it is difficult to get into this University not only because they are private, but because they have high expectations of their students. The University of Portland is also known for it's welcoming, supportive andencouraging community. Everyone here; faculty, staff, students and alumi are around to help all students be successful.

The University of Portland is best known for its community, location, and focus on educating the whole person. The school has a reputation of having an incredibly warm and inclusive community. People also know of this school because of where it is situated, overlooking the beatufiul city of Portland. And perhaps most importantly, the University of Portland is known for its very deliberate focus on educating the whole person through a liberal arts curriculum. Instead of taking classes just in one discipline, each student takes core classes and different courses through many different departments.

University of Portland is best known for it's oppurtunities to study abroad, close student-teacher relationships, close-knit environment, and a lot of community service oppurtunities. All the staff and faculty is very supportive when it comes to studying abroad. There are many options to do this, and a lot of majors that go alongside studying abroad. Also, everyone is helpful and encouraging towards one another. There is no where you can go where you won't see a smiling face! Lastly, the way the school gets involved with the community of Portland is impeccable.

My school is best known for having great nursing, engineering, and business schools. This school is also known for being big on soccer, especially since there is no football team and the team is Division I even though the population of this school is around 4,000. This school is interesting because it is a Catholic, and sort of conservative school however it is on the outskirt of Portland, one of the most liberal cities anyone could find. This school is also known for being small and supportive. Teachers know your name, and recognize when students miss class.

University of portland is best known of the study abroad program. We have an extensive programs in Asia, Australia, Latin America, and Europe. Most students who came back from the abroad program gave positive views on these program, it challeges you to adapt new enviroment in a short tme of period and expecets you to challege yourself to step pass what you thinkyour limit is, it also prepared them for success; to be success, students believed that we must be able to interacting betweeen multiple cultures and capable of analyzing issues on global level.

The University of Portland is probably best known for it's womens soccer program. We have one of the best womens soccer teams in the country and our graduates have been a staple of the womens national team for years (Megan Rapinoe, Stephanie Cox, ect.) and the school comes out in full support for the team. We have topped womens collegiate soccer attendance records for multiple straight years, and our dedicated fans make Merlo Field a great soccer environment and a very difficult place for the opposition to play.

The school is well known for the great programs it provides for those who wish to become nurses, engineers or teachers. They ensure, especially for nursing and teaching majors, that the students are getting the experience they need for their career choice. In fact, most of the teaching majors start working within a classroom in their first year. Nursing majors will start working in hospitals in their third year. This is great for allowing the students to gain some experience and ties to workplaces for later use.

The University of Portland is best known for it's Women's Soccer team, which has produced several Olympic athletes. The emphasis of the team and supporting the team are incredibly important to the University of Portland. The games bring people together and there is quite a body of fans that come to every game. We are also known for our Nursuing and Engineering programs. Both programs are competitive, and only a select number of students are admitted into the Nursing program.

The University of Portland is best know for its academics; however, I would insist that a close second is the women's soccer team. Academics are so important, that is the reason most attend this university. But, in order to make the most of college, one must also be social and why not do that while watching a soccer game with friends. We have the most students attend games, and each bring a high level of energy that is incomparable to anywhere else!