University of Portland

« See more reviews of University of Portland

The size is excellent. It is not too small, but it is also not a huge state school. Class sizes are very nice because of this. The size allows for more individualized study, and professors can connect and engage more with students. The professors also, due to small class size, have the capability to be easily accessible outside of class. Along with this, facilities and classrooms are well equipped with efficient, modern technology to make for productive learning. UP offers all the oppertunities and resources of a large school, with the charm and inviting personality of a small one.

When telling people about the school I attend I usually brag about how accessible my professors are outside of class. Being able to contact my teachers about questions or concerns outside of the classroom has majorly contributed to my learning experience. For example, I find that if there is a certain concept I do not understand that was explained in class I have the ability to meet with my teacher to gain clarity. Another part of my school that I admire is how much our campus feels like a warm community. Walking around campus there is always a friendly face.

Definitely the campus and its class size. The classroom environment is none like others. Teachers remember your name, they say hi to you. The campus is not scattered but in one place, which makes it convinient to get to classes. Also, the people here are all very friendly and unique. They all portray individuality and integrity. The student body is very diverse. There are people who come from all over the world, which is why everyone stick together and help each other whenever they misses home. My school is none like others, we are all family to one another.

The University of Portland has some of the most influential and inspiring people as professors. They are devoted to building relationships with their students and genuinely enjoy teaching them. They teach in an approachable manner while still maintaining respect with their students. The professors at UP make it a point to ensure that their students are getting the help they need and connect them will all possible resources. I have been given the utmost opportunity from my professors and have been pushed to my highest potential because of them.

I enjoy the overally feeling of safety in and around my school's campus, which allows me to experience a great amount of freedom. I like that the campus is located in a very green and natural area compared to the urban life I know, although by bus, one can go to the urban part of town. I also like that people there are very friendly and kind to everyone they meet. Student here aren't like sharks compared to other competitively intellectual schools. The professors are generally approachable and are enthusiastic about student visits.

Green. UP is green in every aspect. The trees and grass is always green, due to the typical Oregon weather. But UP isn't just a beautiful green hue outside, the school focuses on how to protect the environment and reduce the impact of a lot of very hungry college students. There is a real respect for the environment and an understanding that we all need to do our part to protect it. The students at University of Portland cruise around town on bikes rented from the bike shop and help to reduce waste by composting and recycling.

I don't really brag, but what I do greatly emphasize about my school is that the education is great. I always advise high school students to apply to the school even though it may be expenseive because the knowledge you get and the class ratio is just fantastic. Also, I would say there is a good balance of academic dedication and personal leasure the students have on campus. Basically we know when to be serious and know how to have fun. The environment caters to the blance of academics and personal leisure.

The class sizes are small and you get a lot of personal attention. The teachers are easy to get in touch with and love to talk to students about everything from help with the class to life and career goals. The school is very concerned with the students succeeding. I am in the science department and they love to get undergraduates involved in research, the professors encourage us to get involved with the school and to go to REU's. The study abroad program is awesome! The girls soccer team is great.

Considering that I am enrolled in the University of Portland's School of Nursing, that is one of the first things I brag about most. It has truly been a blessing to have been accepted and enrolled into the School of Nursing, and I want others around me to know how well known the program is. Another aspect that I love to brag about is the location of the school. I have totally fallen in love with the city of Portland, and being in an awesome location has contributed to my love for Portland.

When my friends from high school and I are bragging to each other about our colleges, I always tell my friends about how great my professors are. I mention that a couple of my professors are a little crazy, but in a good way, and that my classes are really tough. I tell them about the work load that I?m given, and they say how hard that sounds, but I tell them that it?s really not that bad. And I tell them that if not for how great my professors, school wouldn?t be nearly as good.