University of Portland

« See more reviews of University of Portland

A person who enjoys smaller class sizes, and wants a deeper relationship with professors, staff, and faculty. Someone who challenges themselves and is open to experience new cultures, ideas, and opportunities. The person would be friendly and outgoing, intelligent yet humble, and would enjoy and thrive in a smaller campus community. A person that is a leader, scholar, artist, or a rising star will flourish at this school. Also a person that is comfortbale blending their faith along with their school, no matter what denomination. This school is open to all and and accepting of any type of person.

While Pilots are truly diverse from one another, their commonality lies in their respect for themselves and for others, their dedication to excellence, and their drive to form themselves into versatile citiziens of the world. University of Portland is typically a small, quiet campus, but comes alive at night when students are often organizing events to fundraise for university and community cause. The campus isn't so quiet on Merlo field on game night, where voices go to die. Students who should consdider coming to the bluff is one who wants everything and more out of their college experience.

The person that attends this school should be open to studying many fields of knowledge and interpretation. Many students in the Portland area catch the "Liberal Bug" due to the location and general population's political outlook. Many more conservative students may become more open to ideas due to this occurence. What all students have in common, however, is a desire to hear all sides of perspectives before making decisions, apt in deciding opinions based on intellectual and fair-minded reasons. The person who attends this school must be ready to learn and grow wise through many outlets.

The kind of person who should attend the University of Portland is the person who wants the community atmosphere of a smaller school. This person wants to attend college to learn and experience everything the school has to offer. The University of Portland focuses on making everyone feel like they are part of a community. Students are regularly encouraged to get active within the community and help others. Portland is a big city that is filled with many diverse people. The diversity of the city encourages students to get out and explore the real world.

At the University of Portland, students should be individuals who strive for excellence and who want to be part of a close community. Since campus is small, the University of Portland provides an amazing opportunity to get to know the majority of class mates. In addition, professors are able to be contacted by email or in person as needed. Due to this, students at UP should be outgoing and academic individuals. They also should be people who like being involved in small and fun on campus activities like movies, trivia nights, and other low key events.

Someone that should attend University of Portland, is someone that loves to be in a thriving community. This school is full of amazing individuals that together create an atmosphere that allows for one to be successful. Someone who comes to University of Portland also has to want to be at a small school. The classroom sizes are comparable to high school sizes, and that is not for everyone. Overall a perosn that should come to University of Portland has to be willing to immerse themselves in the new community that is provided.

A person who is outgoing and loves the college atmosphere. There is so many activities that you will never be bored on campus. If you are a social person you will fit in great. However, someone who is also determined about school work. Everyone here takes school very seriously and it is nice to have that atmosphere at a college. Also someone who loves small classes and to be able to know the professors. UP is Catholic and so you can attend church and a priest lives in every dorm, which is great if you are religious.

If you're the type of person who doesn't exactly know what they want to do in life, then U.P. is a good place for you. The school offers a pretty good array of programs and options in its overall mission to mold incoming students into responsible and skilled adults. Even though some might look down upon the size of the school and the fact that its run by the Catholic church, anyone who puts an effort to become involved with those around them will find themselves welcomed into a fun and supportive community.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who loves being around other people, and likes to be a part of something bigger. The small campus encourages everyone to get involved in extracuricullar activities and makes sure there is something for everyone to participate in. Someone who goes to UP should be loving and eager to be involved with peers, edlers, and the community outside of campus as well. A person who is eager to learn, and better themselves on all levels, not just educationally.

The type of person that should go to University of Portland is someone who is serious about his or her education. University of Portland offers the highest quality of education but a high cost as well. People who are going to throw their education away should not attend this school. If you are a person who is serious about their education, and is accepting of all types of people University of Portland is a great school for you. People who are willing to collaborate with others and work hard would excel here.