University of Portland

« See more reviews of University of Portland

University of Portland is a small school, about 3,500 students. I love the small size because I can regonize many classmates and friends just walking around on campus. Everyone always seems friendly, outgoing and open to new experiences. Students know how to balance their life and stay dedicated to their studies. I can usually find a productive study group in the library for helpful, academic support. Professors sincerely care about students and express a true passion for teaching. The food service offers a healthy, fresh variety of delicious food. They buy from local venders and maintain sustainable practices.

The best tihng about the University of Portland is the level of involvement one can have with the University. Campus Ministry is a big portion of this involvement, with retreats, bible studies, and other groups and activities, all deisgned to help the student grow spiritually. Some good friendships and relationships can be formed in these activities. Other, non-campus Ministry relateded activities abound, as well. From the Villa Drum Squad at the soccer games, to various Charity Findraisers, dances and other activities, there's always something to get involved in and enjoy.

The University of Portland is a highly supportive environment. They really facilitate you in your transition to college, making what can be an overwhelming process into a welcoming adventure. And during your four years, they help make whatever you want or need possible. It makes for a unique community feel - they want you to succeed and are there for you every step of the way. And that supportive community doesn't just disappear after you graduate. It remains a touchstone and facilitater for all your future endeavors. I can't stress enough how supportive this school is.

The best thing about the University of Portland is the community. "Community" is often a word that gets thrown around a lot when prospective students are looking at different colleges, but it is certainly the reason why I chose to attend the University of Portland and I have not looked back. The community extends far and wide! The Alumni come back to campus regularly to give advice to students. They also invite students out to their work for job shadows. The soccer games are where every student crams on the bleachers and cheers their absolute loudest for their lady pilots!

Coming from a Hispanic family, I was raised Catholic. Religion, now that I am considered an adult, is something my parents do not force me to practice but strongly encourage. But ever since I was three years old, I developed a strong interest in Catholicisim. I was highly intrigued to attend University of Portland because it is a Catholic school. Also, it is a private school; it has small classroom sizes that allows for a great relationships with classmates and professors that want me to be successful. These are some things that I consider the best about my school.

The best thing about the University of Portland is the sense of community. Many prospective students woud shy at the fact that it is a small Catholic school, but there is so much to benefit from that aspect. The religious faculty are always warm and welcoming regardless of your religious background. You get to meet and know almost everyone. While that seems daunting now it is extremely important when you are job marketing in the future. The community not only helps you feel welcomed, but it provides you with the resources to get you a job in the future.

The one thing i consider greatest about University of Portland would have to be the encouragement to go beyond just learning material, and learning more about the world around you. It seems that everyone wants everyone to be the best that they can be, and the push to do this is incredible. Through the emance help in the freshman resource center, a huge study abroad program, and many many many clubs and organizations to help you serve your community and learn about yourself, the University of Portland helps you in growing into the person you want to be.

I think the best thing about my school is how friendly the people are and willing to except people the way they are. Portland is extremely different, the motto is to keep portland weird and I think that the overall attitude of everyone is to not judge. I also love the programs offered, we have some of the best engineering and nursing programs on the west coast. I am enrolled in the nursing program and the professors and classes offered are incredible. They truly make it their mission to make sure the students love what they are doing.

The professors here are so willing to help you in any way they can in order to help you succeed. They truly care about you and want to see you prosper. They are always reminding there students that they are available to meet and discuss things you might need help with. There is a Freshman Resource Center on campus that helps students create a 4 year plan and helps with other things like study habits and connecting you with people and programs on campus like the Learning Resource Center. All these things truly help make me want to succeed.

The University of Portland works in such a way that it combines 3 important traits to build a beautiful graduate: faith, serivce, and learning. I feel that I am treated as an individual with the potential to change the world. But before I do, I must find within me a faith upon something so that I may serve others through that faith and learn how to better myeslf and the world in the process. Together these are a deadly combination for graduates in the career field. I find this rounded focus the best part of University of Portland.