Mayaguez, PR
University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez

Jannie

I describe my school as: tough, challenging, a world with a lot of opportunities to offer and worth studying there.

Since I could remember, when I was a little girl I had always an interest in music. When I turned 18 years-old, I became a little unsure about what I was going to study and what kind of profession I was going to choose. I became interested in studying music. Some people encouraged me to study it and some did not. People used to tell me ?If you study music the only job that you can enroll is been a teacher. There?s no future in Music, you will barely make money.? My family did not encourage the idea about me studying music. So I decided to pursue a career in Biology. If I could go back in time I would tell myself: ?Be strong, don?t hesitate. Fight for what you think is going to make you happy. Everything happens for a reason. You have to love God and yourself in order to love others. But most of all do not lose your faith because you are a champion since you were conceived and you have the Almighty beside you, guiding you, making sure you are going through the right path.? Right now I want to study Music.

The things that I brag about most when I tell my friends is the administration's treat to students. Sometimes they were a little bit rough. One of the things that upset me a lot was that sometimes no matter how hard you studied you would get a "C". Thanks to God, I graduated Magna Cum Laude. When I graduated I was proud of myself and realized that it was worth it.

W.

The advice I would give myself is to study hard for all subjects. All subjects are very important for the attaining of a college degree. Although not all subjects have as high an interest for my own personal life, having a broad knowledge in a diversity of subjects helps a person to be well rounded, it widens the horizon of possibilities career wise. The goal is to attain a degree and to do it well. Since the GPA you get in college is most important in being employed by a good industry, government or business, it is most important to do the best that you can in all subjects. While still in high school learn to manage your time and learn to make long term plans for your future. The second advice I would give myself is to go to graduate school directly after finishing the undergraduate studies. Graduate level degrees are now very important to obtain a good paying job. Do not delay going to graduate school. The longer you wait the harder it is to complete the degree. If possible go to graduate school before you have the responsibility of a family and full time emplyment.

I attained my B.S. in Mathematics at the University of Puerto Rico. Currently I attend the University of Maryland College Park for a graduate degree. What I like about MAryland is its diversity. There are hundreds of programs to choose from. But also there is a tremendous cultural diversity. People from all over the world study at Maryland. The school has opportunities for research, study abroad, and for the athletes all sorts of sports, competitions, games, etc. that run in campus. The school also has one of the best dance and theater programs and studios known.

It is a great school that offers a diversity of programs. The University offers programs from bachelor's degrre to post doctorate. The University is well known and well acredited. These are very high points when considering employment after graduation. The University is located near the ocean, so while studying there are many opportunities for recreation. School located near a beach that hosts national surfing competitions.

Mayra

Classmates in UPRM are really friendly and supportive. We tend to make study groups and help each others in class. In no time you feel you have family in college.

If I could go back to being a high school senior, the only thing i would have change is my metods of studying. When you make the transition from high school to college, there ir a lot of different things. I would have study more and made the most of my high school year. When I arrived at my college, I thought since I was a honor student I could kept my metods of studying, but college is so much different and takes a lot more dedication. It's your future you are working on, so you have to work since high school to make the best out of yourself. A lot of students are eager to be the best on what they are studying, there is a lot of competition. The best way of giving a good fight is to be prepared always, work everyday, study every chance you got, and make the process fun by making friends and being active at your college.

One of the best college in engineering on the world. Also being a public college of Puerto Rico is really cheap compared to other colleges. The enviorment is really friendly and in no time you feel you know a lot of people.

Shanika

Knowing what I know now about college life the advice I would have given myself back in high school would have been to not have gotten pregnant my senior year! The transition from parenthood to college student is kind of overwhelming at the least very stressful and hard to deal with. The cost of tuition and the cost of providing for a child at the same time is just the icing on the cake when stress is concerned. Knowing this now is the hardest part because if only I had known two years ago could have saved me a lot of frustration and stress. I don?t regret having my child but I sometimes wish I could go back and change the timing. The balance between the two is not an easy job and only being nineteen its like I really didn?t get a chance to enjoy normal life as a teenager I had to grow up fast and now being a single mother and a full time student I have a lot on my plate and I wish I had thought about all these possibilities while still in high school.

Veronica

It is an academic-focused school, that encourages students to have jobs and have a better future; but there is also an amount of partying going around it.

The advice that I would give myself is to not take things to seriously. In many moments through your college life you will feel pressured, and you will be surrounded by many people you don't know. The best you could do is your absolute best, staying positive. Don't get angry when a professor puts you in a group, it will make the work more easily. Try to not be a controller, let other ideas reach to you. You won't get to see all your high-school classmates all the time, don't worry about it. In college you'll find many people to talk to, don't feel pressured to find your "new best-friend". You'll find yourself frustrated because the class or the professor that you want is already full: be POSITIVE. There a lot of professors and a lot of options for classes to take, be courageous and decide what's best for you. Don't think of others or the time period, think of you. As a final note, no matter how bad things look to you, think that this experience is making you a better person and professional for the future.

The most that I brag about is how much school spirit you see in it. It doesn'r matter in what year you are there is always school sprit . Also there is a lot of political movements. They are not offensive, they bring new point of views to the issues of today and sometimes, situations that already happen.

Amabel

Time is precious, don't waste it, work hard but relax every now and then. Make choices that will help you. Help others when they really show they're interested in working.

A person who is not serious about his/her future. People who don't want to work hard CANNOT attend this school.

The most frustrating thing about this school is that professors seem to look for ways to make you fail. Not all of them are this way but, sadly, most of them are. They swear they do stuff to help the student out but they only make things harder for us.

Michelle

My classmates are hardworking, focused and social people who love to help others.

College life compared to my highschool days is very different. As a high school student time seemed to be more reliable and you were able to complete more tasks. When I entered college I thought it would be very similar to high school work. Nonetheless, college courses are very different from those we have taken previously. College demands harder work, more focus and it defines more responsability. If I was able to go back in time and advise myself about the transition, I would probably tell myself to be prepared to work extra and study harder since it will be more demanding. It would make it easier in getting prepared and enhancing my study habits and avoid procrastination. like that, I'd able to succeed completely in my college experience.

People who want an esay and fast career for a choice shouldn't apply for this school.

Cynara

If I had the chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to maintain my focus on my an goals in life. I would also tell myself to do more research on different schools and even visit campuses so that I can familiarize myself in. Not only prepare myself academically but financially, for example, earn and save money so that in case of an emergency I would be prepared. Last but not least, don't think of the obstacles, just work your hardest to outcome them!

Students that attend this school should be students that are willing to make a difference in our community and not only the community but wherever they go. They should have motivation to try to become the best they can be in the area where they will study.

Maricarmen

My classmates are nice and always willing to help! Something we could find each other but a whole bunch of work but we are portoricans so it doesn't matter how tired or full or work we are we are always willing to help. Like always, there is someone who is very competitive but in the way that the classmate will do everything to be the number one. But those actions would not bring us down! Instead it will give us strenght to continue moving forward and pursuing our dreams. That is the key to survive in a class room.

My school the wonderful University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez Campus is best known as the best engineering, technology agriculture in the country. This university prepares the students to be the best in their field and it does not matter if you're studying engineering, agriculture, arts or languages they have the best professors in the whole country with the best ability to teach and be teached by the alumni. This college is also know by the research that it is being made. On the other hand, is known also because it is the cheapest but the difficult one for us.

First of all my dear and naive child you need to make up your mind. You know that you are excellent with math and science and I know you would succeed as an engineer. -What happened? Why I can't see the exciment in your face! you are already admitted to the best school of the country. This is a one in a lifetime opportunity! You have all the benefits that a student could have. To begin, you have the best professors with the highest standards on the education, you have differents groups and organizations, you have everything that you need for you personal stuff just a few blocks away from you. So tell me what is the problem. - What worries me is that I do not want to study engineer I want to study Languages and travel the world! -You should have said that before! we want you to be happy! For that the university offers an excellent an affordable exchange program, you could practice your french, italian, english and spanish wherever you like to study. That way you could learn more about their culture, history and traditions. Thanks you for the opportunity. My dream will come true today!

Jesus

Be a little bit aware about how things work in there, and also be wise at the time to choose my friends

the extra effort required for precalculus courses and how class techniques work.

University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.