University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez

« See more reviews of University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

The stereotype depends on what sector of the community is asked. Because of the overwhelming media coverage of most student strikes, there are people who believe we all want to live off our Pell Grants and protest all day. This isn't true. Most students are serious and driven, but we know when to have fun. The stereotype also depends on your Major. Students in the Humanities are thought of as free spirited, artsy stoners, while Biology students are often accused of being nerds. None of these stereotypes are exactly fitting because one of the great things about UPR is that you can find all kinds of people from a vast array of backgrounds in the classroom.

The stereotype is that only the smartest enter at UPR Mayaguez. Is very accurate but on the way classes and professors help students get down to earth. It is a challenge that only the best complete.

Geek, Gamers & Otaku's That about sums every Engineering and Science Student at UPRM

The stereotype of my school is liberal, communist, socialists, vegans, protesters tree-huggers. It is not accurate, even though it has a big political activities. But it i historic for the perfect space for debating and arguing about the issues that matter and affect our society. I LOVE UPR. It has different views and it lends a space for debate.