University of Puget Sound Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Lukas

The main venue is The Diner, which is where students eat most of their meals. It has various stations, including Italian, Latin American, Asian, Vegan & Vegetarian, Grill, Deli, Salad Bar, and Chef's Table. The quality of the food is quite high, having improved a lot since freshman year. I really only find myself sick of the food by the very end of the year. Other spots include The Cellar, a pizza and ice cream place frequented on the weekends and including a mini mart where meal points can be used for snacks and non-perishables. Coffee shops on campus are Diversions Cafe and the Oppenheimer Cafe. Coffee is quite cheap but is sometimes not the best quality. The Oppenheimer happens to be in a glass dome which is pretty cool.

The food is really good for a cafeteria. I am an incredibly picky eater and I never have a problem finding something to eat. For breakfast there is always an oatmeal bar, cereal bar, bagels, fruit, eggs, meat, and potatoes. For lunch and dinner there are always salad bar, sandwich station, grill, vegan/vegetarian station, Latin American station, Italian station, Pacific Rim, and soup. There are also a lot of snack options. On weekends or other occasions there are specials like smoothies, waffles, and more. The best part is that you only pay for what you buy. We have dining dollars on your student ID card. Each semester you choose a meal plan for how many dining dollars you will use. If you run out you can buy more online. Every time you get something from the cafeteria you swipe your card for only what you are buying.