University of Puget Sound Top Questions

What's the Greek scene like?

The majority of my closest friends are Greek, because of the fact that I live in a Greek house and many of the scheduled activities are with other Greek houses, so it's just easy to make connections with those people. However, several of my best friends are aren't in a house; there is no major separation between Greeks and non-Greeks. I would have to say that the relationship between Greeks and non-Greeks could be improved, but the rift is nothing compared to how it is at major state schools. Joining the Greek system I can confidently say is the best thing I could have ever decided to do at University of Puget Sound, I have learned invaluable leadership skills, met incredible, passionate, smart women through my sorority and have access to mentoring in academics and other areas because of my affiliation. Though each experience is different, in my experience I am very grateful that the Greek system here is much more laid back than at large state schools and though some do choose to take part in the partying/drinking scene, it is entirely acceptable to forego that entirely and instead, focus on the experiences of friendship and leadership that I consider myself so lucky to have found.

Greek life is very different than stereotypes and how outside people perceive them. There are 4 sororities and 3 fraternities. There are no house rivalries or anything like that. The different houses are very supportive of each other and their events, social functions, and philanthropies. You can be in one house and best friends with someone in another house. Greek life is also very integrated into the rest of campus life. Greek row is just across the street from campus.