Redlands, CA
University of Redlands

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Redlands

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

I would tell myself that I should be more involved in clubs on campus and get to know more than one group of friends. I would make sure to stress being more outgoing toward strangers. Starting at the U of R made it easier to introduce myself to the small community, but if I had been outgoing as a high school senior it would have been less difficult to speak up. I would advise myself to learn how to carry on an airy, casual conversation more often and without hesitation. This would have made my transition so much simpler.

The best thing about the U of R is the small community on campus. The professors are very warm and helpful and it is a very welcoming and open environment. You are sure to find a club or sport on campus that interests you with the varied groups on campus.

I have not found to dislike anything here at Redlands thus far.

Michelle

My dear sweet Michelle, I have travelled back in time to whisper some wisdom into your heart. Please listen closely as I have only a few moments to share about your future. Go to college and finish what you start, complete your degree in psychology. Even though you feel lost and unsure of what and how you will fit into this world, have no fear, a direction will become clear. You are a winner even though you lack the self esteem to know how truly smart you are. I want you to trust your intelligence, but not only that, but to trust your heart too. As you will see that most people don't follow their calling, they lack the gumption, the faith in believing that their dreams are possible. Find a mentor, find counsel, get support from those that can see your gifts and potential, just don't give up, don't quit. Excel in school, like a diamond in the rough that becomes polished by learning. Don?t take school for granted, have gratitude for the opportunity to learn, and whatever you do, avoid the biggest regret of your life, by not finishing. See you in the future!

Well get ready to laugh, I don't brag about my school, however I would recommend it to others that wanted to be single pointed and focused in their education. Obviously an adult program is more streamlined than hanging out on a campus all day, or having the luxury of being on campus all day and enjoying the social life that college offers. University of Redlands does have a great reputation, so maybe I might through that fact around a little bit after all!

April

I would walk right up to myself and say, "April, don't give up." There have been many times in my life that I have given up. I have always put my families interests before my own, that is what happens when you become a mother. It took a long time to realize that until I get my education there is no taking care of my family. I would like to show my children that there is a future when you get your education. I have been in school now for the last two years and have just recently accomplished a transfer into a University. Old April would not have been able to imagine herself standing in front of the University of Redlands admissions building. I am there and I am not going to give up.

It has the best schedule for me.

The whole admissions process is done for me. Sure, I have to show up and do little stuff but they almost complete it all. The University of Redlands also has a gret team that is so willing to help.

Nieko

The university of redlands understands the difficulties and hardships that freshmen students face when coming to a university where they can feel lost and find themselves quite alone and depressed because of comfort zone issues, confidence issues, family problems, or any event that has shyed them away from real open socialization with their fellow peers, so to help these few students overcome this problem they have developed a special 3 day program called Train, and through this program students see that they are truly not alone and build a network of friendships that would have otherwise been impossible to establish.

Staying focused on school is important and you've shown the ability to focus on anything you've set your mind to and accomplishing all your goals, but it's also important to take a step back, maybe even two, from school work and slow down and enjoy your fellow peers. Their friendships and support is invaluable in college and you'll learn that although it's your four years in college, you really can't do it all alone and to have a support network behind you is the greatest inspiration and motivation to reach even higher goals and accomplish things that you couldn't fathom accomplishing on your own. Relax and open up to the people around you, they all see great potential in you and want nothing but the best for you, so to let them in, and to let them help you in your time of need is a two way connection that you'll find you constantly need to have in order to truly flourish and shine. College is supposed to be the greatest years of your life, and the greatest thing you could have are friends that truly care about you.

Athena

Friendly, motivated, unique, diverse

Friendly, motivated, unique, diverse

Large campus (160 acres). smaller population of students (2400 undergrad), strong emphasis on study abroad (40% go abroad), good international business division, fun atmosphere, great facilities

Go for the school you want. Research everything carefully and always make sure to visit the campus many times. Get in touch with the people there and understand the school you want to get into. Definitely make sure to stay organized and utilize the resources that you have.

Courtney

Personally, wasting money. The school has the unique ability to gather large sums of money and waste them on unimportant, non-student oriented activites. An example would be 3 years ago when the school raised millions upon millions for a "centennial party." Today there are still dorms without heat or air conditioning, and sub-par conditions. This school is also around 3,000 students, yet parking is incredibly hard to find.

I would know more about the intended carreer I would want to go in. That way you can research the best schools for that specific major and know that you would be getting a complete education. By declaring a major late, was unable to have the luxury of taking more elective courses, and instead find myself cramming in classes needed for my major. Also by declaring late, if halfway through the major, if it turns out to not be what you think, you are too late to change to another major. At Redlands, I am a Financial Economics major, and though it sounds impressive, the actual course load for this major is not what is expected. I have had almost no Finance classes, and my Senior Seminar class was far from putting my overall education to use. Instead we were "lumped" with Economics major and had no finance, once again, in that course. I now feel very unprepared for a carrer in the finance industry, when I thought by declaring I would be getting a true education in it.

A person who know what they want to do. In this school the sooner you know the better, and the more you are able to utilize the resources given at this school. A lot of internships or programs that are career oriented are geared towards younger students. A person would also need to be flexible as this school changes course requirements for majors often, is under construction, and school policies very often.

Caitlen

My classmates are eager to succeed and willing to work with each other to accomplish a set goal.

I would tell myself that college is a time of discovery not only regarding academics, but also regarding life. I would also tell myself to take it easy and not to fret the small stuff. College is a time of self discovery, making new friends and growing up. Don't be so worried about what every one will think about the decisions you make and don't pressure yourlsef to be perfect 100% of the time.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of diversity.

The Johnston Center! As a member of Johnston. I get to personalize my education by creating my own major and taking the classes I want to take. I get narrative evaluations instead of grades. It's great!

Go with your gut! If you like a school, chances are you will like going there. Take others' advice, but don't let them influence you too much. Ultimately, you're the one who is going to spend 4 years at this place, so make the decision for yourself.

The food options have their high points and low points just like any other school...

Aleisha

1. Be true to yourself and don't get caught up in the social scene by trying to fit in. There are people like you for you and your true friends will be there before, during, and after the drama. 2. Stay focused on your goal and the values you grew up with. Nobody is going to give you a great job or a healthy family because you were the one in college that partied the most or had the most friends. 3. Get out there and get involved! It allows you to make new friends, give back to the community, gain new experiences, and/or view life at different perspectives. 4. Find a balance between studying, socializing, and sleeping. Too much of one and not enough of the others make it a little more difficult to stay focused and healthy.

Either the financial aid packet or the professors. The packet creates an opportunity for many middle to low income people to receive a quality higher education. The professors have a passion for what their teaching and really get you in engaged in the material. They are extremely friendly and willing to help, which makes the college experience that much better.

The small classes are amazing! It allows students to build a relationship/bond with teachers and other students. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved on campus. The financial aid packet is amazing! The classes they have available and stucture of their academic program make it easy to graduate in 4 years. All the professors are friendly and anxious to help you succeed. The athletic teams dominate their leagues and the coaches are more than qualified for their position. The size of the school is small enough to know alot of people but large enough to have some privacy.

sam

Redlands is located in kind of a "ghetto" area. School started about 2 months ago and there have already been 3 muggins. The buildings are old and creepy and not definitely not as beautiful as everyone makes it out to be. Overall: very average.

The student body is not very diverse. If you are not an athlete, there is not much for you to do here.

The academics here are very good. There aren't many classes to choose from, but the ones they do offer are very good. The professors are nice and its easy to be on a first name basis with all of them.

There is never much going on here. People consider the most fun thing here to be the "brockton parties" which usually consist of about 5 kids just trying to get drunk and "go crazy" at college. Basically the social life is a joke.

University of Redlands administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.