University of Redlands Top Questions

Areli

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

Lorenzo

There is a certain charm that the University of Redlands has that cannot be sufficed by box filled with text. If you have the opportunity please come and visit! I am Latino gay male and looking for a college in which I could still continue to be the person that I am was a challenge. However, I found it! The University of Redlands, while in a relatively conservative area, is very accepting towards LGBTQ. To this day I have not received any significant malice or bullying that would make me feel unhappy or uncomfortable. I accepted and appreciated We are a pretty small school with about 2400 students. Classes are pretty small and your professor will always know your name, if you allow so. Professors will become a large part of you college career both in class but outside. I have a few of my professor counsel me in what I should do over my summers in order for me to build a resume that will enable me to get into grad school. 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the professors have given me letters of recommendations that have allowed me to get prestigious internships and fellowships. A lot of doors have been opened for me.

I love Redlands and part of what I love most about it is that everyone loves being here too. The people you see everyday are excited to see you and excited to be a Bulldog. School is school and not everyone loves every single one of their classes but I don't know a single person that doesn't like being here. I think a lot of the times people at bigger state schools feel like they have to be there because of convenience and try to graduate early. At Redlands, most people stick to a four year plan and each one of those four years just adds to the Bulldog experience and makes students excited to be a Bulldog for life. It doesn't matter if you are a music student, an athlete, a member of a Greek organization, a Johnston student, or a regular student you feel like a part of a community.

LeeAnn

Redlands (the university) is my home. I love how beautiful and green the campus is, the weather is great, everyone is friendly, classes are small, professors are personable and helpful... It is just an overall amazing blend of all things I think a University should have and take pride in.

Naming the best things about this school is something that would take a lot of time, simply because there are so many. The community here is what really sold me. Sure, we are a small private liberal arts school, but everyone is generally welcoming and kind to each other, whether you know them or you don't. Here it isn't weird to say hello to someone passing you bye, which is really nice. I feel like I am part of something special here and not just another student in the masses. We only have 2400 students and while that is smaller than my high school by about a 1000, I actually like it. Class sizes are smaller, professors like to be called by their first names, etc. When I tell people that I go to University of Redlands, a lot of people first ask where that is, and then respond with "oh, thats nice!" which means that they've simply never heard of it. But lately its more of a "I've heard of that school! it seems really nice!" or "they have a beautiful campus there!" Which makes me smile. :)

A

When I was going through the college search process, I was looking for a place to build community away from home. I found that community at Redlands. It became a second home to me, and the people around me grew to be a second family. There were constantly things to do, see and learn. Every day was different, with new opportunities. In two weeks I hiked the tallest mountain in Southern California, listened to Jane Goodall, cried as Maya Angelou read her poetry, and got free frozen yogurt. Redlands provides each of its students with the possibility to do more, see more, and learn more about themselves, their peers, and the world in which they go on to change. Students here are extremely driven to truly be the positive change they want to see in the world.

I really like this school. It has small class sizes that are perfect if you want a lot of attention from your professors. I had a professor my freshman year that had coffee and doughnuts every Tuesday so that if students had any questions about his class they could drop in and chat. It is a beautiful campus with an awesome location that is close to the beach, the mountains, Joshua Tree National Park, and the city. Besides all of that, the people here are fantastic. There is a wonderful sense of community on this campus that was unparalleled by any other school I visited.

Since my first day on campus as a freshman, I have been extremely happy with my choice to attend Redlands. All my classes are small and I maintain good relations with my professors. Outside of class the OP (Outdoor Programs) center runs trips every weekend to a variety of destinations. For example, I went to Zion, Utah for my "First Year Seminar". I met 8-10 other freshmen and we stayed in the park for about 3 days. During our stay we hiked, road mountain bikes and played fun sports and games. My sophmore year I signed up for OP's fall break trip to San Diego. There, the group surfed , wakeboarded and water skied, and rode bike downtown. Besides the great OP program the school has a solid social atmosphere with many clubs and organizations on campus not including Greek life. Basically whatever your interests are you can find it here at Redlands.

Redlands is a very small University which is a great thing. I always know the exact number of students in a class and most if not al of the names of those in my class. The town itself is small so there isn't much to do, but we are only a few hours away from the beach, the moutains, the desert, LA, even Los Vegas if you are willng to drive a bit. There are alwasy people who organize transportaion for off campus events, sports teams, theater, camping, and plenty of other things, all very cheeply and often times completely free.

Rick

The best thing about Redlands, I would have to say are the people! I love being able to just walk down the street and have students I don't even know wave at me or stop along the sidewalk on my way to class to catch up with a friend who was abroad the semester before. The people here are really amazing and I love being able to meet new people everyday. If there was something I could change, it would be the amount of free time. I think that we have so many ways that students can get involved that alot of times people can get over involved or students will have less time to hang out simply because it is so easy to get involved. Redlands is definitely not a college town, but with most of our students living on campus (not to mention being about an hour away from everything; the mountians, desert, beach, LA, etc.) the students make campus and the surrounding area feel like a college town. Also, with our trips to various amusement parks, LA to see plays or musicals, or even students who take trips to Las Vegas, it's really an amazing place to be. Even if you aren't on campus, you're still with Redlands students which is the best part of any weekend!!

For me the best thing about Redlands is the student life aspect. Most people live on campus and it is really easy to get involved and find something that you are interested in. It seems like there are speakers or events or school of music concerts or sporting events or something almost every night of the week. On the weekends, I love going on day trips with my friends to the beach or mountains or Joshua Tree NP, and usually return to campus in the evenings. Honestly it is so easy to get involved and there are so many options that are open to students.

sam

Redlands is located in kind of a "ghetto" area. School started about 2 months ago and there have already been 3 muggins. The buildings are old and creepy and not definitely not as beautiful as everyone makes it out to be. Overall: very average.

Alec

The best thing about Redlands is the students that are here. With only 2400 students in the entire school it is very easy to see many students all of the time. So then when you see all of these people you get introduced either by yourself, them saying hello, or the people you know introduce you. it is very easy to get to know the campus of students and it makes things easier when going to dinner you will see people that you know so that you can eat with them or just walking by you can have a good conversation with new friends.