University of Rhode Island Top Questions

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior there are a few things I would i tell myself. But primarily I would tell myself to get involved in campus activities as early as possible. Something I sadly did not realize until later in my college career is that the people you mean who share your interests along the way make college so interesting. I would tell my high school senior self to find something you can do to help others as soon as you can then find out who on campus does those activities. Change lives and make friends every moment you can and life will build in value throughout your college endevours. That and of course never ever give up even when things seem impossible, sometimes a bad experience can be the best learning experience you could have ever had.

Abbey

I spent a lot of time in high school worrying about what other people thought about me. I was constantly thinking about if what I was doing was "cool" enough or if I was fitting in. This is easily the biggest regret I have from my highschool years. Because I was so concerned with fitting in, I often gave in to peer pressure and did a lot of things that I wouldn't have done otherwise. Worse than that, I was not true to myself andwas often unhappy because of that. Many years later, I know realize that being true to myself is the most satisfying decision I've ever made. If I could give my high school self some advice, I would tell myself not to worry about what other people thought and to just be my awesome self!- you wont be friends with any of those people in 5 years anyway!

Nathan

I would have worked harder in trying to find scholarships so I would not have so much in loans. I would have put more time into community service.

Glayna

If i had to go back in time, i would tell myself to start strong in your first years of college. i believe that students fall off their academic performances due to the fact that they are in a new area and the classes are easy. college is not made for everyone but an education is the key to every oportunity that will be open towards you. stay strong and study .

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, my biggest advice would be not to stress out over the little things, and to start thinking more long term. High school was a very stressful time for me as it is for many high school students, and I feared that college would be worse. There were many times whe I contemplated choosing another path in life because I thought further schooling wouldn't even be worth it. I would love to be able to tell myself how much better it really gets, and focus on things that would really matter later on, such as saving up money, spending more time on applications, and applying for more scholarships.

Alycia

I would not tell myself much but there are a few key things I would want to mention. Work harder is the first. Take more college credit classes/honor classes to get a head start on the college career. I would also tell myself to be more involved. Being involved is so important because you can discover new things about yourself and meet so many people. Don't be shy, and don't hold back. Be yourself and don't let anyone bring you down.

Jamie

If I had to go back in time and give myself advice, it would have been to take my general education credits more seriously. For the first two or three semesters of college my GPA did not surpass a 2.6. Once I started taking classes more directed toward my major of kinesiology, I started making the Dean's List (GPA greater than 3.2). Once it came time to apply for graduate school (a doctorate of physical therapy program), my cumulative GPA was just above and 3.0. The grades I had recieved freshman and sophmore year were making it difficult for my application to stand out from other applicants. I was forced to take a year off and re-take some of my pre-req courses that I had recieved a less that ideal grade in, in order to acheive my dream of becoming a physical therapist. I would also tell myself to get invovled in campus activitys (e.g. sports/greek life) starting freshman year. The transition from highschool to college is easier when you make friends with people going through the same things you are.

Cheyenne

First and foremost, if I could go back in time to when I was a high school student I would have told myself to apply for more scholarships and to save more of the money I made working. However, I think the most important thing I would tell myself is that I am more capable than I believe I am. I would have encouraged myself to study more and work harder because then I think that I would have been more confident in my abilities. I would also instruct myself to apply for a Bachelor of Science in Psychology rather than a Bachelor of Arts, because it would prepare me for a graduate school. If I had had more faith in my abilities going into college I would not be behind this semester and I would not have accidentally taken classes that I did not need. Other than that I feel that my past self does not need to know much more, everything else she will learn in time, and I do not want to take away from any of her lessons.

Abhishek

There aren't that many things that I could say to my pastself. If anything, I would tell the past me to work on scholarships. I would tell him, "just applying for five or six isn't enough, apply for twenty or thirty. Instead of spending time on fiction novels and tv and anime, spend that time working on scholarships so that you (I) have a higher chance of getting them." I would tell him to not waste time taking AP classes that do not apply to his future career, just because its easy. Furthermore, I would tell him that if he really want his highschool classes to effect him in college, then take the summer math courses that are availible, even if it costs a little bit of money. I would tell the past me to keep on accumulating experiences that can be benifical in the future like those with his teachers and guidance counselors because they can really help him when he needs them. I would tell him to accept help from his peers when they offer to tutor him and to not have pride that is harmful or shyness that can keep him from acheving great things.

Tiffany

College life is just that life. Live it to the fullest. Don’t be afraid to speak up in class and be wrong. Don’t be afraid to try out for that sport, and definitely don’t be afraid to take chances. You have always played the safe card and it has always lead you in the right direction. But living your life in college is just that, live your life. Make mistakes and learn from them. How can you say that you have learned if you never listen to your gut feeling or take your own advice? Always do the right thing because it’s the right thing that needs to be done, but don’t forget this is preparing you for the real world and sometimes there are going to be challenges and sometimes you might make mistakes but make them now. Drive with the top down sometime and don’t be afraid to follow your own heart, let it take you were you want to go. The road less traveled by will make all the difference. Take that road sometimes to find yourself, but remember you’re not lost if you know your way home.

Erin

If I could go back in time I'd start by saying and believing in three words: Erin, don't worry. I remember that thinking of where I was going to school next fall was so hard for me and the stress that came with it was not always necessary, Erin, don't worry. I wish I had not stressed so much or allowed the stress take me over in all aspects of my life. I enjoyed senior year to the fullest but it could have been enhanced if I didn't stress little things that appeared to be the big things at the time, Erin, don't worry. I realized this the moment I was walking up to get my diploma, nostalgia had hit me like a train and, although I was physically there, my mind was elsewhere. Highschool was a time of worrying over petty drama or worrying about exams but there were so many other happy memories and aspects of those four years that I wish I dwelled on. Now fastforward to walking through my residence hall doors on that hot August day, Erin don't worry.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition from high school to college, I would tell my high school self not to stress the little things and enjoy what is taken for granted day to day. Stressing out for a project senior year of high school means absolutely nothing for your future, especially when you should have, at this point made up your mind what school you are going to attend for the next four years. Also, I would have told myself to buckle up because the enginering program (biomedical engineering) offered at the University of Rhode Island is one of the hardest undergraduate programs in the country. High school work was nothing in comparison to what they throw at you, your freshman year, and stress only makes matters a lot worse.

Lindsey

It's probably one of the most cliche pieces of advice, but I would tell myself not to hesitate to get involved. In high school, I was so afraid to join our theatre department because of stage fright and nerves from being around seasoned upper-classmen. I didn't join until the end of my sophomore year, and by the end of my high school career I knew it was the best decision I'd ever made. I acted in 7 shows, as well as helped design the set for two shows. By the end of my senior year, I had the best memories and the best friends I could've ever asked for. I spent my first semester of high school too afraid to get involved in theatre at college, despite my experience in high school. College just seemed so much more overwhelming to me. It took me until the very end of my second semester to get involved, and once again, I know it's one of the best choices I've ever made.

Davi

I would tell myself to not waste time, and do everything as fast as I can, a big problem I had as a freshmen was not being prepared for class, and that was because of my time management habbits. Another advice i would give myself is to not be afraid of meeting new people and socializing with others.

Katherine

If I could go back and tell my high school senior self anything, I would encourage myself to take advantage of the experiences and opportunities that come to me. It is important to have an open mind when making life decisions, and that it is NOT important to know exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life. Life is all about experience, if you need to try something out to know whether or not you like it, then that's exactly what you should do. I remember being overwhelmed with making a decision about college, and therefore being very stressed out about my future, but after two years and transferring through three different school, I know that experience is what is important. You don't know whether something is right for you unless you try it. Not everyone knows absolutely everything, and almost NO ONE knows what they want to be at eighteen. Its okay to make mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them and grow.

Adam

Take risks. I know you would like to go to the local school with your best friend from high school, but don't. Take risks and try to expand your world-view. This is a giant opportunity to find out more about yourself and what you like. Don't be afraid to make new friends or change, because those things are part of life and should be embraced instead of feared. The worst thing in the world is to stay stagnant.

Dear Past Me, Focus on AP classes so that you come into college with credits built up already. This would be such a huge help just for the fact that you will not have to force all your classes together in a rushed type of manner. Additionally, try to really stay focused on those classes in high school that you have an interest in because then before you come into college and then have to decide a major you will already have your plans for the future picked out and ready to go. Lastly, volunteer more of your time, while you have more time to do so. Helping people is your passion and I wish I had more evidence to show the world just how much I want to make people's lives and this world a better place. Sincerely, Future You

Marissa

Hey you, the one worried about completing all of your homework for this week, take a break real quick and listen to me for a second. I know you are stressed right now, but believe me, by next spring you will no longer be cursing all of this wretched work. These teachers, these crazy assignments, all of the hours you spend studying, they are all reasons for your rewarding success during your first few semesters in college. I know it is hard to believe, but one day you are going to be thankful for all of the nights you spent writing essays and doing lab reports, because once you get to college, your skills will be at a level that is way higher than that which is expected of you. With all of the knowledge you have gained in the past four years, you ought to be thanking many people in your life--your teachers and family of course--but most importantly, yourself. I just need you to know, most importantly, that all of your hard work is going to pay off. So please, keep studying, keep moving forward because this new and exciting experience is just around the corner.

connor

I would take more advanced palcement classes or college level classes in order to have more credits before I statred college.

James

I would give myself a dose of humility. Being a smart-aleck with an answer for everything is a sure-fire way to miss out on a lot of learning experiences in and out of the classroom, and had I known that 10+ years ago, I wouldn't have had to learn so many valuable life lessons the hard way. I would tell my 17-year-old self that that corny old adage is true: "the more you know, the more you know you don't know." I would ask him, "how do you expect to gain knowledge when you're too busy trying to be heard over it to hear it?" And I would instruct him to keep his eyes and ears open and his mouth shut.

Shannon

If I could go back in time and give my high school senior self some advice, I would tell myself to never take opportunities for granted. Like any other senior in high school, I waited anxiously to see if I would recieve the giant envelope in my mailbox from my top pick college. When I got the news that I was accpeted for the spring semester of my first choice school but was able to live on campus for the first semester, I accepted the offer, and of course, was beyond excited. After my first semester there, I decided to move back home because I felt as if a University was not for me, yet. After being home for several of lonely months, considering most of my friends went away to school, I realized that I missed the school I had attended and that was where I wanted to be. While I was home, I was struggling with depression on top of a full time job and school work. I realized that I should have never left the school that I had attended and I wish I never gave up the opportunity. I would do anything to go back.

Greg

I would tell my highschool self to be confident, studious, and outgoing. I am a strong believer in getting my work done but that being said I like to enjoy myself and go out with my friends on the weekend. Not only that but I would tell myself "there are many victories worse than a defeat" because in highschool I was scared to fail. I played basketball and I would go out in the mindset to not fail rather than to put it all on the line. I also was scared in picking a college to attend because I was nervous about what my roommate would be like. I overcame my fear and went with a random roommate. In taking that chance I have made life long friends that I am extremely greatful for. Lastly I would tell myself "only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" because your only going to reach your full potential if you have the courage to do so.

Olivia

College isn't something that you can exactly plan for, so stop stressing yourself out about the entire process. In highschool, the teachers make it seem like such a huge and difficult transition, but it's really not that gruesome. The week before I started school, I became almost depressed at the fact that I would be leaving all of my high school friends to come to a school in another state. To this day, I can honestly say it's the best choice I ever made. The first month of school, I became extremely involved. I introduced myself to everyone I met, and created an entire new group of friends. Finding my classes was a piece of cake, learning the curriculum wasn't too bad, and living in a dorm with a bunch of strangers has actually been so exciting. I barely talk to more than half of my friends from highschool, which makes me realize which friends really matter. The people I've met here have the same goals as me, and I can see us together for a long time in the future. Overall, don't fret, college is better than you ever imagined.

Brandon

It is best to use your energy and put it towards Honors and Advanced Placement programs. While I took Honors classes yearly, only two of them applied to legitimate college credit. The best possible way to prepare for college is to indulge in college-approved classes. These classes are tight-knit and demanding, which is by all means how one's college education should be percieved. They are not easy, and should not be considered easy. Atop the benefits of a demanding class, the credits used towards college allow any student to focus more on their major, rather than General Education requirements administered by colleges and universities. Advanced Placement is a necessity for any scholar, and in the long run allow students to save money, learn important facts, and turn their interest to classes that focus on their intended careers. College level classes in high school, in conclusion, allow for a smoother and frugal transition to college life.

Devin

My advice to myself would be to relax. There is nothing that college can throw at you that you cannot handle. Going from having your own room to share is not a bad adjustment; it is just something to get used too. If you are lucky, your roommate could become your best friend. If making friends is hard, finding someone with similar interests is easier by joining numerous clubs you are interested in. As for the course work, time management is a crucial part of success. At first, classes seem to be easy and slow, but before you know it the material starts to come fast and it is easy to fall behind. My advice for this would be to always stay on top of your work. When you space the work out, you will not stress about getting everything done. If you are feeling overwhelmed, however, do not be afraid to go to your professor. They are there to help you succeed, not fail. The most important thing to know is to make sure you do what makes you happy in college. College is a short experience to not enjoy it.

Michelle

Stay focused, study, and don't be afraid to see what else is out there. There are so many different majors/minors and career choices that one can chose, and at 18 years old it is not expected to know what you want to do for the rest of your lives. With that said, explore the different options, seek out the assistance of career services and find out what your likes, dislikes, your strengths and weaknesses are. You never know what you might learn about yourself when you decide to try. Not everything is set in stone when you go to college, so if you try new classes, different subjects, fun activities your college experience is sure to be most you could make of it.

Silbia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself back in high school, I'd tell myself to plan out some days to have fun when college begins. Staying focused in school is the goal, and it's also good to live a little every now and then. I'd also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I can, one's bound to be a winner.

Hannah

I would tell myself to work hard and that grades do count. Grades matter so much and much more than it may seem at the time. Your GPA and grades count to colleges and places you apply to. Also, get involved! Stay busy! Get involved with as much as possible. Volunteer, intern, join a club, run for school president, etc. those type of things look so good on your college apps and give you something to talk about in your essays. It will help you stand apart from other students.

Dear Sam, I know what you're thinking. You're under the impression that you're peaking and nothing will even come close to your high school experience. You're captain of the soccer team. You're the class treasurer. You're on countless committees and organizations. You're an Honors student. You were nominated for Homecoming and Senior Prom court. You've been accepted into your dream school and you've made the best friends that anyone could ask for! But, I'll be the one to tell you that the best has yet to come. I know you're afraid of being the little fish in a big pond after being the big fish in a little pond for so long. Please, you're better than that! I know how much you hate cliches, but the sky truly is the limit and you shouldn't be scared of a change of pace. High school was fun, but do not let "the best four years of your life" prevent you from shaking things up a little. You're in for an even better four years, trust me.

Melanie

Advice I would give myself with the knowledge I have now would be to have picked my major more carefully. Thinking about jobs and everything more realistically, I would have picked a major right away I enjoy rather than switching later on. Then, I would be more set up for my future. I would also tell myself that college is nothing like high school. I will need to work harder and go beyond my limits to be the best I can be.

Miranda

Research the scholarships you could be eligible for, it will take the burden away from financial aid. Take your time with picking classes and don't feel like you need to be pressured into becoming something you are not. You don't need to know exactly what you want to do right away. Research all that you can and go to free seminars with educated speakers. Be an individual and don't compromise your likes... and don't ignore your dislikes! Enjoy the experience, network and learn all that you can.

Jena

If I could go back and give myself advice in high school, there is one thing I would stress. I would say is that there is so much more to come after high school! When I was in high school, I stressed over the smallest things, and looking back at the big picture, none of it mattered. High school is important to prepare you for college but there is only so much preparing you can do. You never really know what to expect until you are actually there. High school is a great time to have fun with people that hopefully you stay in touch with, but there so much more out there after it. When you are walking through the halls of your high school, it seems like everything is riding on what you do in those four years, and that couldn't be more false. It's important to have a good GPA and SAT scores to get accepted into college but everything else is only temporary and not as importat as you think it is. I would make sure I told myself to enjoy my time in high school but not to stress over the small stuff.

Taylor

I would tell myself to start studying more because college involves a lot of hard work and many hours studying. I would also tell myself to appreciate the free time and laid back-ness of high school. I would prepare myself to be prepared to not connect with teachers on a personal level and not take it personally when they do not have time to get to know you.

Jacqueline

Knowing what I know about college life, I would give my "high school senior" self words of advice on time management and determination. College life is not the easiest and it can be tough for a young person starting life on their own and away from home. In high school, I did not do very well with time management and getting projects done. This affected my college life in that with my learned procrastination, I put off major projects in college and my grades suffered terribly. I ended up taking time off of college to sort out what I wanted to do with my life and eventually went back seven years later to complete my degree. I have learned that if I manage my time and break projects down into smaller pieces, I can complete things much faster. Determination plays a big key as well because I am now more determined than ever to complete my degree. I want to show my kids that it can be done and give them a positive role model to have in their lives.

Devon

As time has passed through this past year I have found that there have been many trials and successes of social and acedemic tests. At times I wish that someone could have given me advice to get through stressful events. If I were to go back to my senior year high school self I would have much to say. However the most important advice I would give is that although the library can be intimidating it is the best study location. At times dorm halls can become noisey and filled with people wanting to talk and spend time with you, so the best way to avoid these disturbances would be to take advantage of the library.

Shannon

I would advise myself to continue through general studies and not take time off.

Katharine

I would tell myself to just roll with it. It is not the end of the world if you don't get into your first choice school. You can make good experiences out of disappointment and you will ultimately be happy with the local, second-choice school and the money you saved by going there. You will make some great new friends and strengthen ties with old ones. You will meet the love of your life and the great faculty you will connect with will push you to succeed and develop your career interests. Everything will be okay!

Robert

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say that the most important thing to develop before college is a study habit. This would be the first thing I would tell myself, the reason behind this is that college is leaps and bounds more difficult then high school and without the proper study habits your going to struggle. Once you find the correct study habit then college becomes a whole lot easier. I learned that the best study habit for myself is by using notecards. Not only would I tell myself to develop a study habit, I would also tell myself to read! Reading the books in high school was not as important as it is in college. The professors do not just make you buy the book just to have it, they make you buy it to use it as a resource while studying. Many people at the beginning of their first semester, myself included, believe that reading isn't important but I quickly learned that was not the case.

Kimberly

I would tell myself to be way more prepared when it came to applying for college. I was a little slow filling out my applications and missed almost all early decision deadlines. I feel that had I been more on top of these things, my odds of getting in to every school I had applied to would've increased. I probably also would have told myself to buckle down in my classes and try not to catch "senioritis" because my grades were not as great as they could've been. Another thing I would have told myself was to go into my freshman fall semester as an organized student with self-discipline. I was too lazy my first semester and I paid for it when grades came around. I would tell myself to utilize things like office hours and supplementary instruction.

John

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are are several pieces of advice that I would impart. Firstly, I would tell myself that, overall you did a very good job preparing yourself for college. I am now excelling in all my classes and have been able to find a healthy balance between and school, exercise, friends and school organizations. I can credit much of my success largely to the hard work and preparation you made in high school. Second, you have a lot more free time in college than you did in high school, so don't worry about being too stressed out. There will be plenty of time to balance classes, studying, extra curricular clubs, volunteering and hanging out with friends. One of the most important pieces of advice I can give you is, try to get in the habit of waking up earlier each day, your sleep schedule has been a bit erratic, and you need a more consistent schedule of sleep.

Sean

I would have applied myself even more to my academics in high school. Many Seniors that have done an acceptable job in high school seem to take somewhat of a break during a portion of their Senior year of high school. Even though I had better than average grades as a Senior, knowing what I know now about college, I would have chosen to take classes that prepared me better for college work. I would tell high schoolers now, when you feel the urge to coast through your Senior year, tell yourself that you only have 4 more years of school to achieve greatness. What you will do the next 4 years will affect the rest of your life in many ways. Push through and stay focused. Achieve at a high level and you will be rewarded for your hard work.

Alexander

If I could go back in time to see my high school self, I would let him know that I should follow the path that is closest to your heart. Do not worry about what the future has to offer. Take every day one step at a time. In the long run, if you love what you are doing, then nothing wrong will come out of your experience. I would enforce the idea of listening to my heart instead of my mind. So many paths to choose from can cause a person to become anxious and overwhelmed. I had to go to counseling because of how stressful the college selection process was for me. I eventually made up my mind to go to URI because I could not decide on what to major in. I did not want to have to spend a lot of money somewhere when I did not know how long my future would be in attendance. I have now changed my major to Political Science because I feel that this is where I belong in my heart. Do not fret on the immediate results because if you keep working hard it will all work out.

Steven

The most important advice I would give myself is learn how to manage time as quickly as possible. Timing is everyting in college, you have to know how much time to put aside for studying, homework, projects, etc. so that your time for having fun and relaxing doesn't interfere with your schoolwork. Especially if you have a job. Although it sucks to have to not go out with your friends sometimes because of school, it's worth it in the end. Don't ever give up, and keep working hard.

Luzelly

Something I tell my younger friends and family members who are in high school is time is precious. Make use of your time here in college because it will go just as fast as high school did and maybe even faster. Plan your time accordingly because you will have a lot more freedom and freetime to get things done. Procrastination should not be your best friend, but what you work against. As a junior in college and a resident assistant I have learned to balance two jobs, class, and a social life. The key is to set reasonable goals that you wish to meet every so often. Rememeber to manage your time well and set your priorities straight before you head off to college. Always remind yourself what you are working so hard for because sometimes all of the stress, work, and partying can make you rethink why your doing this. Just remember that all the hard work, all nighters, study sessions, and money will pay off when you cross that stage on graduation.

Henry

I would tell my self to prepare my self for long nights filled with studying and doing papers. To start the semester on a good foot because its harder to bring your grade up rather than just keeping it at comfortable A. I would tell my self to take advantage of all the help they provide In the University of Rhode Island because the help they provide is invaluable and a great tool to take advantage of. I would warn my self that the classes i will be taking are going to be very difficult because I am a biology major and taking chemistry is not going to be a simple class and that I should stufy very hard in order to get that A. Probably the biggest warning I would issue my self is to avoid procrastination at all times because it will lead to problems and useless stress.

Jenna

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would do it in a second. As a high school senior, I did not have the self confidence that reflected in my academics. With the workload from honors and AP classes, I felt inferior. I really believed that I was incapable of accomplishing an A in a class. With that mindset, I convinced myself that I would never be able to recieve an A. After graduating high school however, I enrolled into college as a college freshman. During my first few weeks of college, I observed my classmates. I saw that every sucessful student had an optomistic attitude about their school work but most importantly, they had an optomistic attitude about themselves. Soon after, I tested this observation on myself. Instead of feeling bad about myself I made myself workout, eat healthier, study longer and pay attention harder. After a few weeks, I felt content with myself and my academics. Because of this new mindset, I have gained better grades and did accomplish A's. If I was a senior again, I wouldnt have to wait till college to feel satisfied with my accomplishments.

Kirstie

gffg

Bryna

If I could go back in time, I would tell my younger,freshman self that I needed to worry less. I would tell myself to be calm and peaceful and not be too proud to ask people for help. I would tell my younger self to be more focused and not worry about the future. I would show my younger self some of the helpful programs that we have on campus; like the academic enhancement center. In my first semester at school I was completely overwhelmed with the whole college experience. It was difficult for me to find a balance between making new friends at my new home and getting everything done for my classes. I started to worry and stress about these two goals, and could hardly function. I started failing several of my courses and found myself isolating myself from other people; but I was proud and didn't want to ask for tutoring. I've realized since my first year at school that as long as I am worrying so much about my work, I don't do as well as I do if I am peaceful and calm.

Jackelinne

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know about college life and making a transition. I would tell myself to have good time management because in college it's all about having time management. You have to balance certain amount of classes and homework. It is difficult. Trying to put studying time into your schedule is very hard because sometimes you want to do something else. I would also tell myself to be more open and not hold back to making new friends. It is hard making new friends if some of your classes have 200+ students. I would recommend joining clubs because it's easier to meet new people. They have the same interest as you which is even better. A good idea is trying to introduce yourself to other people because you never know you might be good friends after. College is all about going out of your way and trying to do things you would of never expected yourself to do. It's an experience that helps you find yourself. It's all about trying hard. You never know what the outcome will be.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I'd advise myself to take AP courses! When I was in high school I never really thought that colleges really looked for stuff like that so I never took any of them. Now that I finished 1 year of college I now know that AP courses will make you life so much easier! I would also tell myself to learn some helpful study habits. Although this is very cliche, college is all about studying and unfortunately during my high school career I did not have to apply myself nearly as much to receive the grades I did. Another tip I'd give myself is to buy little energy snacks to put in your backpack to eat throught the day, there has been many times were I did not have time to eat because I was so busy. And lastly, I would tell myself that in college your peers aren't as mean and cruel as they are in high school. Knowing this would have taken a lot of stress of my shoulders when getting ready to move in!