University of Richmond

« See more reviews of University of Richmond

On the whole, I have come to admire my peers. As a freshman, my friends have told me they speak five languages, had full rides to Harvard, lived in Italy for a year and currently research the AIDS virus. Most of the students are from Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey so there are lots of regional identities coming together in this school. There is certainly a pressure to achieve high scores in order to make lots of money when you graduate. That pressure comes from parents, peers, and the general atmosphere.

There are enough on-campus groups that everyone should feel welcome. While we've had issues regarding tolerance, most of them were isolated incidents, and the school has responded well. Generally kids here dress well and you don't see as many "artsy", emo, or other types of kids that stand out in a big way. Social interaction is cliquey and revolves around Greek life, sports, and other organizations. Students are politically active and are a mix of the whole political spectrum in my experience.

No experience with those groups. They are available though. All students can find a group of their own, but the school is predominantly white. Clothes range from dressing up everyday to students who basically roll out of bed and make it to class. 1 table for greek life, 1 table for independents, 1 table for athletes, 1 table for minorities Most students are from the New England area Upper-Middle class and above Politically aware, but most not active Left/Right -- Ranges Earnings -- yes

At Richmond you are either in greek life or an athlete for the most part. There aren't a lot of independents. It is a predominantly white school and most of the students are from the North. There is some interaction between different types of students but not all that much. It is a school that favors the left side of the political spectrum but its just a slight majority, most are moderate. Most students just wear polo's everywhere and the girls where pretty much anything.

The Student body at Richmond is highly homogeneous, consisting of mainly white, upper-middle class students. There is a sense of diversity, though, on campus, given the high number of foreign exchange students. It is common to hear more than one language on your way to class. Almost everyone studies extremely hard for their classes, knowing if they do well enough, they are almost always offered a job after graduating, whether it is through one of the many

I have had great experiences with many of the religious groups on campus, and they have made an effort to get to know other groups on campus such as our Multicultural Student Union and New Directions. Students tend to find a group of people that they fit in with and stay there - they don't branch out too much. Right side dhall: sorority girls, frat boys Center: Athletes Left: Other (they're nice over there)

I think the campus could always strive to be more diverse in terms of racal, religious and socio-economic categories. One of our new president's top initiative is diversity, so I think that this will improve in the years to come. Many people say that the students are very homogenous, but I think that is not really true.

Very driven, and busy. Most of the people I know are involved in countless extracurriculars, and somehow still find time to make the grades. Clubs, honor societies, sororities and fraternities make up a huge part of UR. There are always events around campus and the students are eager to be a part of them.

Apathy reigns. I'm quite happy we don't really care much about sports here- obsessive sports enthusiasm wrecked my high school. The general level of intelligence is quite high, which was a very pleasant change from high school, and overall people are pretty decent. Just don't be an ass and you'll be ok.

the school is ont racially diverse. but there are many differnt types of personalities here. Most people are able to find a great group of friends here than seems to be continusouly expanding. Most students are intelligent and friendly however there are the exceptions.