University of Richmond

« See more reviews of University of Richmond

Professors definitely know your name; my favorite classes are my Spanish classes; least favorite classes are ones where I don't like the professor. The professor either makes or breaks the class. Students study a lot; class participation is very common; yes UR students have intellectual conversations outside of class; students are moderately competitive, but not too much. My major is Spanish--I've loved every teacher I've had in that department except for one. I meet with professors outside of class if I have questions about anything. Richmond's academic requirements are hard but fair...you definitely leave here with a good education.

I love Richmond's small class sizes. Professors know my name and remember my name after I have finished a semester of class with him or her. Professors are extremely wiling to meet with students outside of class to help them with assignments or simply to talk about the lectures and materials. One thing that is a nice change from high school is that people do not judge you or call you a nerd for going to the library. Especially as finals get closer, the majority of the student body can be found in the library. Everyone spends a lot of times studying, and everyone can bond over their crazy amount of work during exam time.

Richmond is very academically rigorous, although you can of course structure your own schedule to affect how much work you'll be doing. The professors here are excellent. They care a great deal about the education of their students and are all extremely intelligent. Class participation is big. There is a class called CORE that all Freshmen have to take where we study famous authors of fiction and nonfiction from all different regions and time periods. It's a really cool idea, but it can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Considering the school's small size there are many majors and classes to choose from.

The professors absolutely know your name. They're so understanding and will grant overrides and give you extensions on papers. I loved my history class with a visiting professor from the UK that had us do a simulation of Model European Union. We have even had classes outside before and I know some professors invite students to their homes. The professors are all so well qualified. Pretty much 87% went to an Ivy Leauge or equivalent for their PhDs. They are also respected researchers and writers in their fields. The academic requirements aren't bad at all. I met most of them with AP credit.

University of Richmond is not exactly a school for complete slackers. Academics here can be challenging. The size of Richmond is great though, because since it's so small, the class sizes are tiny as well. Most of my classes are about 15 people. Every single one of my teachers knows my name...and probably my favorite color. Nearly all teachers make themselves available for outside help. The teachers do expect you to do your reading assignments to get the best possible grade. If you're willing to put in a little work, Richmond will have great academic experiences to provide for you.

The are not enough good things to say about the professors and administrators. They seem to genuinely care about the academic community. It is not uncommon for professors to invite their students for home cooked meals at their homes, or participate in community service with their classes. Students are highly engaged in their work inside and outside the classroom. They are not afraid to hold intellectual conversations about their school work or current events. Almost everyone competes for the best internships and grades, but professors are known for seeing a B as an advanced grade.

All my professors know my name since my largest class has about 25 students in it. Generally, the professors here really care about students learning and they make it challenging enough to keep it interesting. Theres a decent amount of classes offered so you can dabble in different areas. The students here are very smart and pretty competitive. They know how hard they have to work to do well so the library will be packed during the week but we use the weekend to relax and release from all the stress. It is definitely a work hard, party hard kind of school.

Professors are awesome, they honestly take the chance to get to know you, and are genuinely interested in your success, even after the semesters over. I'm in the business school, where I've found professors are more personally interested in your business career both in Richmond and after graduation. Students aren't competitive, we all know how hard the classes are, so we're all willing to help each other out. The academics are impossible and difficult, but so is getting into Richmond, so you're really only going here if you like a challenge anyways.

Most professors know students by name. Students study a lot on campus during the week, but very little on Friday and Saturday. Class participation is encouraged by most professors with most giving you a grade. Intellectual Conversation -- Yes Competitive -- Yes Unique Class -- Global IT or Enterprise Content Management All professors are accessible outside of class through both office hours, appointments, and email. Strong academic requirements Education in Business school at least is geared toward getting a job

Classes are small and its easy to get a close relatinship with your professor. There are two types of students at campus. People who are working hard most of their time and then there are the people who are very good at doing minimum and getting satisfactory grades. Most students take their class work seriously even though those that dont seem to make this seem untrue. One thing i reccomend is to make sure u have a rough idea of your major and to start getting prerequistites out of the way for it.