University of Richmond Top Questions

The school is only about 3,000 students so the classes are small and it is easy to get to know one another.

Mary Catherine

The people at the University of Richmond make it into a great school, including the fellow students, teachers, and staff. Everyone is extremely helpful. The professors are there to assist you and put you first; something that is not as common at research based schools. The students there are generally very friendly and open. When visiting the campus for the first time, I felt like I belonged and that never changed during my four years there.

The best thing about my school is the close knit relationship of the students, especially because of the small size. I love my teammates in football, and the classes I'm taking. Although its very demanding academically compared to many other schools that I have friends at, it is all worth it. Some of my friends that graduated in the past year have quickly found jobs, which gives everyone hope that they can have great oppurtunities, regardless of the state of the economy.

LaShonda

The classroom dynamic is the best thing about the University of Richmond. Many perceive university professors as either hard, or easy, but who would have imagined that they would become friends or close acquaintences. Here at the university, our professors not only serve as dispensers of knowledge but as counselors and confidants. Students and professors gather outside of the classroom, be it at lunch or dinner to discuss any range of appropriate matters.

Tigran

I would have to say the best thing about the school is the life long friendships you begin here.

The quality of education and alumni are the best things. Professors are always focused on getting you ready to get a job after graduation, always giving you advice on life and "things to remember".

The professors are by far the most impressive aspect of the Richmond education. They care about their student's academic integrity and they work to ensure every student who seeks help will get help. There is also a healthy relationship between students of different ages and very little seniority or condescending attitude. The campus is beautiful and there is a high emphasis on athletic activity.

Brennan

The options available if you decide what you want to do. If you actively pursue a field, tutoring, research, internships, grants and scholarships are all available. The abroad program is top notch.

Great faculty, good social life, a lot of resources

The positive atmosphere is great for learning.

The bell tower of the Boatwright Library rings daily at 12:30pm and 5:00pm.

The Stuart L. Wheeler Gallery of the Ancient World is home to an Egyptian mummy Ti Ameny Net (689-663 BCE).

Stories are told about the gazebo on the bridge that crosses the lake. Be careful who you kiss on it!

Lexi

The opportunities that they provide for their students, such as speakers brought oncampus, internship opportunities, and the great encouragement to study abroad at some point of one's education there.