University of Rio Grande Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Rio Grande

Jeancer

University of Rio Grande may be a diverse society. However, with its diversity, people in campus will have a wider opportunity to learn and appreciate more things more than the things that they have already known since the beginning. There would be a lot of people that seems to be hard to socialize with. But in reality those people might be actually someone who could be your friends for the whole course of you guys being together in the same campus.

Ruby

Perhaps not everybody can be positive because they might not know what makes them feel right about themselves , but changing your personality develops good habits for the future . I introduce myself as “Ruby Anne Guerra,” and I am currently a senior at Palmview High School. I was born in Mcallen,TX, and I am the oldest out of three siblings. The environment in which I live in is social and absolute. I come from a very united family and my parents are my motivators in pursuing my career. With their faith, they believe I can achieve anything I want to accomplish everything and anything to make them proud. My home is my gracious space, I live with my grandparents , parents , and siblings. My family and I been living with my grandparents for the past 17 years. We only have 2 rooms and one restroom for everybody. I sleep on a couch since there is not enough space for every individual in my house to have their own privacy.It all started one day when, I wanted my own privacy and wanted to invite my friends, but I knew it wasn’t possible because I didn’t have my own room and it felt so uncomfortable and sorrowful. However, I always reserve in mind what my family tells me, “ Follow your dreams and no matter how many obstacles you need to trespass, remember the harsh times you go through every day and it is going to give you strength to triumph in time ahead.” I am already used to having difficulties and don’t hesitate,because I feel secure and attached to my home as well as my neighborhood. I have caring and loving neighbors,andhave witnessed their kindness from the day I got very ill and needed surgery. My neighbors are so attentive and kept assuring me,with everything would come out perfectly fine.” They are also very Catholic, and whenever someone is going through difficult moments they tend to do rosaries to retain them from the “bad”. Not all neighbors are kind and respectful,and I can be sure to say my neighbors are unique. However , the street I live in is the safest neighborhood to live in because in case of an emergency they’re always there to help each other out and reunite whenever there are difficulties occurring. Although, all these obstacles has shaped me in variety ways and it has made me to a better person In conclusion, in the past I would easily give up on educational objectives and not care what my family and neighbors would advise me about the correct way to succeed in life. I would always think negative and just think about me and not my surroundings. Basically , I would just get home from school and not communicate with anyone. My parents and neighbors guided me to the right path, but I would tend not to pay attention and reject what they would say. I now regret how I would act towards them and I have promised them at one time , day after day , I would correct the mistakes I did the previous day. I now stimulate myself to never give up, assist people, and keep studying for a better future. I do whatever is possible to have an education and especially have a shelter with sufficient space and for each of my family members to perceive in a pleasant way and not live like the previous. As the years passed by, I start comprehending how grateful I am for having my parents and neighbors and made me change my character. Without my parents and neighbors, I wouldn’t attain my education and persona to keep living my life in the precise way. I am astonished to become a new being and cherish every memory forever to accomplish my dreams.

Dorilee

I am a current student under the Dual-Enrollment program , and that's a great point to discuss. The fact that this University offers this program to high school students is absolutely advantageous for both the institution and the students. It gives us the opportunity to have a first-hand experience as to what college is like and it let's us know what to expect. Of course there are some improvements but what school doesn't need them ?

Juan

UTRGV is an amazing school perfect for a smooth and easy transition from a high school setting. People may see it as a small school a place where those unable to leave stay. But it is so much more amazing than that. The community and people are extremely friendly. The education is challenging yet easy if you apply yourself correctly. There are always activities and events that are happening. It is more than a school you make friends that will last a life time. I recommend this as a school people should consider more

Kayelyn

Honestly, I'm not found of the professors that I have had. There are a lot of professors there that do not find it important that us students are trying to learn so we can get into our programs. A lot of professors do not even teach. Sometimes, we just have to learn from the book ourselves. I also do not like that I get points taken away if I miss a class because there are times that I may need the extra time do finish school work that I have not finished before.

Elisha

It’s a place that is more than welcoming, very accommodating and accessible to those with a disability and really gets involved for helping their students find a career in their major . The housing is perfect and they provide so many fun things for students to interact and enjoy outside of class.

Brandon

The university overall is a great for the degree and profession that I'm studying to be, the transport to get here is great overall, so a 4.5 out of 5 to the university, and its accommodates that it bring to those that need it, as well as the acceptance rate and graduation rate are good.