Rochester, NY
University of Rochester

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Rochester

Yell O. Jacket

The best thing about Rochester -- besides having fantastic professors, friendly students, and a beautiful campus -- is that we really don't have any class requirements besides what is required by our major. In other colleges, you have to take "General Education" classes. At UR, you will never have to take another year of Math or Spanish if you don't want to and as long as it's not part of your major. Everyone thinks that the school is small, and it's certainly not LARGE, but it is a good size. You get a very personal education because of the size, but there are still tons of people to meet/become friends with. The city gets a bad rep as being really boring, but there are tons of city events that the college exposes you to. I get cheap student rate tickets right on campus for concerts, musicals, comedy shows, art shows, etc. Rochester has a super reputation among people in New York state at least. People confuse us with RIT a lot, but we're really the better school. It's considered the "new Ivy league" by a lot of reliable sources. It depends where you are if you're out of state, but anyone who knows of us is like, "WOW, you must be really smart," if you tell them you go to UR. I spend most of my time on campus in the dorm, at Starbucks, in class, etc. I practically live in Robbins Library (medieval studies library) because Undergraduate Medieval Society puts together so many cool events. I have no big opinion on the administration. They seem to be involved enough, but I'm really not involved with campus politics enough to know. My experience with them has always been positive. There is tons of school pride here. I think that everyone, even the people that decide to transfer, really love this school. We're just really happy here, and the only reason I've heard for transfer is that their academic interests changed or the tuition was too expensive. UR has a lot of history behind it. I think that we were the first college to admit women. Susan B. Anthony helped us out with that one :) I do mean that literally. We even have a dorm named after her. The biggest recent controversy on campus would have to be the anticipated change of meal plan options. That's also the most complained about thing (but mostly the upper classmen who sort of get ripped off by it).

I don't really think that anyone would feel out of place at UR. There is a lot of diversity in race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, etc. on campus. Plus, there's a group for almost every single culture/lifestyle choice. You wouldn't believe the number of people who come here from different countries. I think that there are more people from China and Peru here than there are from Rochester. I think the only people who would not be comfortable here would be someone who has issues with being with people from a lot of different backgrounds. As a few examples, the school is about 20% Jewish, we have a club for people of Latino background called Salsa (they just had an awesome party), and I know like a gazillion people who are active in the club for people who are LGBTTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, transsexual, or questioning). It's really a very diverse and accepting community. Most students wear warm things to class. I'm not going to lie, it's cold here, but people from Hawaii have been known to get used to it, so you can, too. Jeans and hoodies are the norm, but trendiness depends on the person I guess. Different types of students really mesh here. I once went out to dinner with some friends and my family, and I said to my friends that the waiter would probably mistake us for sisters. Yeah, we're all different races, but I forgot. We're pretty heavily liberal up here, but there's a Republican group, too. One of my favorite people is the president of the college Republican club.

We're not RIT. We're "new ivy." Lol.

EVERY SINGLE PROFESSOR I'VE HAD KNOW MY NAME! That is something that you will not get everywhere. Also, every class I've ever taken, even the "huge" intro classes have had under 100 people in them. Most of them are much smaller. I've taken two classes with under 10 people, and most are in the 30-50 range. Class participation is very common. Some people talk more than others, of course, but most people are really psyched about their classes if they've chosen the right ones -- there is a very lenient drop/add policy. Students like to get good grades, but we are by no means competitive with each other. That is a REALLY good thing. I've heard about people in other schools sabotaging each other just to get out on top. Here we do a lot of collaborative work, and there is none of that super competitive BS because almost everyone has different academic interest because of the school's academic variety. I spend some serious time with my professors outside of class. Being in academic councils/societies does that to people, but I talk to them outside of class all the time. Just today there was an English department eat and greet, and I talked for like 10 minutes to a professor that I had last semester and haven't seen since. They're really interested in how our lives are going, and we're really interested in theirs. The academic requirements, as I said earlier, are the best thing about this place because there are none. It gives you complete control over what YOU want to take, and that is awesome. The only thing that you need to do is the stuff that is required by your major and take one semester of a writing class. By the way, you can pass out of the writing class, but they have so many different writing class options anyway that you can almost certainly find one that you would be interested in. I'm taking a class on Robin Hood and James Bond (awesomeness much?).

The Midnight Ramblers are GODS! (If one of the Ramblers reads this, I'm interested. Call me). Anywho, they are a fantastic all male a capella group. I know that sounds really lame, but they are so often better than the artists that actually sing the songs that they sing that it's incredible. Plus, they are so cute. They got second place (I think) for best college a capella group in the nation a couple of years ago. Also, the Banghra team (Indian dance team) is incredible. You will learn to love Bollywood music if you don't already. I'm involved with Undergraduate English Council and Undergraduate Medieval Society. They are really awesome and fun organizations. I'm really involved in both, but I guess I'll talk about Medieval Society. Basically we're a bunch of people who really like medieval history, literature, mythology, and even modern medievalism (Yeah Monty Python! Yeah Men in Tights!). Anywho, we get professors at the school and out of the school (starting next year) to talk to us about their Medieval research. We just had a grad student talk about medievalism in modern video gaming. It was awesome. Students here usually leave their doors open. It depends on the person obviously, but some halls have open door policies where it's pretty much agreed (unofficially) that if you're in, you're door is at least cracked open for easy friend visiting access. Athletic events are not so big here, but we have kick ass male and female basketball teams here that everyone gets really psyched about. Guest speakers are likewise awesome. We had Colin Powell at the beginning of the school year and had Bill Nye the science guy just recently. We can get some really cheap theater tickets through the school. Dating is easy here for both sexes. My roommate got a boyfriend during orientation and has kept him ever since. My longterm (from home but who is also here) boyfriend and I had a breakup a couple months ago, and ever since I've been hit on like crazy. I'm not interested right now, but it's really cool for me (an average looking person) to have so many people interested (and all really nice guys, too). My closest friends are from my hall/classes, but mostly we bond over food. That's how friends are made for life, bonding over food. Fraternities and sororities her exist, have a following, feel the closeness, etc., but they are not the little cliquey thingies that you see in bad Lifetime movies. They're tight, but they're not the sole determinant of a fun time at college. Most people aren't in frats and sororities, but that doesn't mean that we can hang out with the people who are. Drinking is totally not necessary to have fun on this campus (I don't personally), but if that's your scene, there are enough people who do. It's not a party school in that the partiers don't disturb the non-partiers, but for the party-girls/party-boys there are plenty enough of them that you won't be disappointed. PS It's completely possible to go to a frat party and not require a social lubricant by the by. I don't have a problem with the people who drink, but I just wanted to let you guys know that partying anywhere can be done without drinking (self-tested experiment).

Peter

Theres no school spirit, it's not a well known school, the city of Rochester sucks, the girls are ugly, I guess it's a pretty campus. The only thing you should come here for is if you want to get a degree in Poly Sci or pre med. Anything else and good luck getting into a good grad school or getting a good job

Ton of asians, ugly girls

The only thing to do on the weekends is drink at frats

I'm not really sure to be honest

Theresa

The University of Rochester is an amazing school. I truly do love evreything about it, except for the fact that it is 7 hours from home, being that I am from NYC. But, if thats what your looking for, go for it. Even with that draw back, I still decided to come here because they gave me amazing financial aid, more than any other school I applied to. The campus is really great. There is a no much to do socially, it is impossible to get bored! U of R has a lot of schoolpride, but not as much athletic pride. The crowds at sporting events is sort of pathetic, but the student body has been making that change, by sponsing events, and getting a new maskot "Rocky". Overall...awesome school!

The student body is normal...no complaints. I think any person would feel comfortable and find a group of friends here.

No they are not accurate. I know of people who got into scholls such as Harvard and Columbia, who chose to come here.

The academics are...hard! This is not at all an easy school. And the so-called "easy" courses are not easy at all. If your a hard worker, and are doing really well in your high school (I guess top 10-20%) you should do fine. Rochester only has ONE academic course requirement!...a writing course. The only other requirement is that you major in something, and cluster (which is 3 related courses) in two other topics. Overall you have to major (in 1) and have cluster ( n 2 others) in a natural science, a social science, and a humanities. look it upon the website it you want it explained better. Itmay sound confusing, but believe me, it is awesome. It leaves so much room for your personal taste in subjects, and usually makes it very easy to double major (or even triple!) because of the flexiblity.

Soooo may activities and social events! One thing I love about this school is the fact that it is not a party school. Sure there are plenty of drinkers/partiers, and if that is what you want, believe me you'll find it. But there are just as many people who don't drink often, or at all.

I do not know of any stereotypes here at the UofR ...people might think that this school is for people who wanted to go to an Ivy league, and this was there fall back,but I don't belive that.

Jessie

Rochester provides an excellent balance for everyone. The equilibrium between academics, social life and extracurriculars is probably the most attractive feature of the school because it allows each individual to find his or her own niche of belonging. The size of the school is nice because while you frequently see familiar faces, there are always new people looming around the corner (in a non-stalker way). When I tell people that I go to Rochester the most common response is, "Wow, cold," especially seeing as how I'm from Phoenix, however underneath the surprise at my gall to brave the weather, people are typically fairly impressed. I run around campus a lot, sometimes to the great off-campus fraternity house Chi Phi or my sorority floor, sometimes in the dining areas, when the weather is nice enough on the grass outside, and when I'm not doing those things I tend to be in class or in my room. I feel like the college is generally pretty isolated from the town. It isn't a very big city so there isn't an over abundance of things to do, but the Campus Activities Board keeps lots of fun events going on and brings a lot of famous people to campus and there are plenty of other things to keep us occupied.

Rochester is fairly diverse, especially for being in Upstate NY. The majority of the student body is from the Northeast, but there is also a fair amount of westerners like myself. The most prevalent religious affiliation is Jewish, I think, and I wouldn't know from experience but from what I can tell they offer a lot of activities.

I have had multiple classes with under twenty students which I think is great, and even in my larger lecture classes (never surpassing 200, which is actually quite a low number) active participation is encouraged. My favorite class right now is definitely my History of the Beatles class which is working toward a cluster in music. The cluster system is awesome because you can take care of requirements while still doing things that actually interest you. The intellectual conversations I have with students outside classes are definitely fulfilling and everyone has something to contribute to everyone else.

The a capella groups on campus are probably the most popular because they're actually amazing. We also have a division one squash team which is definitely something to brag about. Music is popular because we are affiliated with the Eastman school, athletics are popular among people who like athletics. Greek life is really excellent here because it isn't overbearing or obnoxious, it's basically like having a group of your regular friends with a name on top. The sororities host bar parties and events throughout the year and the fraternities have lots of parties on the weekend, and once you find a place you're especially comfortable you'll definitely make lasting friends.

As Rochester attracts such a diverse group of people, I actually haven't heard any stereotypes. There are plenty of people that go out and party but there are also plenty of people who entertain themselves other ways. Everyone is pretty academically inclined, for the most part.

Dawson

There are a lot of things I would change about Rochester. The disciplinary system fails to succeed in its basic need to weed out the students who truly do not deserve to be here, while others are punished unnecessarily. One long-standing fraternity, for example, loses its house for five years (making it nearly impossible for it to get enough pledges by the time the house belongs to them again) on the grounds of underage drinking, which is an obvious practice of every fraternity, while another wealthy (as it has alumni on the board of trustees) fraternity stays alive even after the brothers become surrounded by a scandal involving the drugging of a girl who ended up alone and naked in a warehouse the morning after a party about a mile away from campus. Yet another fraternity somehow managed to escape losing their house for more than a year after a pound of cocaine was discovered to be present inside. While students are written up and meet with the dean about minor infractions every day, larger issues aren't brought to the attention of the students on an often enough basis in order for them to avoid true struggle and trouble within their school. Heavy drug abuse is an issue that is not commonly dealt with in an open arena within the school; there is no commonly and publicly advertised hotline or counseling that a student could see every day that might help them-- instead, it could be easy for you to watch a friend become more addicted to hard drugs and not know what to do. Another big issue, sexual assault, is hardly dealt with on campus; while there is an advertised hotline in bathroom stalls (usually just the girls', though), and we recently had a "sexual assault awareness week," the general community of the school is not educated enough on this issue. Although sexual assault is common in colleges, especially as date or acquaintance rape, there is no specific sexual assault counseling available on campus. Also, while a victim can be examined after an assault at the university health services, there are hardly any forms of prevention available. The only people attending the meeting that took place during sexual assault awareness week were the several members of the Women's Caucus, which was hosting the event, the speakers, and the dean of students, with maybe a couple others. There is only one event during freshman week that educates on sexual assault, but I remember this event as being treated as a joke so it wouldn't bore or scare students. Even with the blue lights around on campus, I don't feel safe walking around on campus at night. Rochester in general isn't a college town; it's instead kind of a big, complicated city with mostly commercial buildings, malls, and some restaurant/hot spots. The size of the school is smaller than most universities, about the size of a larger liberal arts school.

There isn't much diversity on campus, and different ethnic groups tend to stick to themselves. I don't think anyone would really feel out of place here because everyone has a certain place. I have heard a good amount of homophobia and racist remarks, but I know other people who are open and accepting of others. Mostly the kids dress similarly, fairly conservatory. There is a good range of students from the right to left.

I wouldn't say my stereotyping is accurate for everyone, because a lot of people who come here are assholes themselves and they get along just fine with everyone else.

I can't speak for every department, but in the English department, many of the professors are charismatic and enthusiastic. If you want them to know you on a name-basis, you hae to make a genuine effort, though. The music department fails in its ability to push students in their abilities; because of the Eastman school of music, which many U of R students can take advantage of (I took guitar lessons there but did not this year-- many people there seem stuck up), the university department has limited space for practicing (esp. for bands), and not enough ensembles to serve everyone who wants to join. In high school I was interested in visual arts but was unable to pursue them here because the art building caters to only art majors. This school is meant for science-oriented majors.

A Cappella is a popular activity on campus, especially for freshman girls who want to dote on their favorite singer in any of the several groups. Off Broadway On Campus (OBOC) is another popular group, theatre-oriented. Greek life is extremely popular. I'm involved with WRUR, the campus radio station, which is a nice activity here but not as well known. Athletic events are not very popular; Rochester is known to not be the best in this area. I try not to leave my dorm room door open. Recently a student had their laptop stolen while they were gone for five minutes in the bathroom. Next year, however, Ill be living in an on-campus house where I will feel safer. I met my closest friends by chance; we lived nearby in a freshman dorm and were at the same party together during freshman week. The dating scene consists mostly of getting drunk and meeting people at parties. Surprisingly, this ends up with just about as many one night stands as it does relationships.

I wouldn't say there are any set stereotypes. The freshman can sometimes be very gung ho about going to a "new ivy," walking around in rochester sweatshirts/pants, etc, every day. I would say most Rochester kids are assholes and it's hard to find a few people you can really hang out with every day without wanting to kill yourself.

Amy

I think size-wise the UR is perfect. Although I do not know everyone in my class by name I think I know them by face and I feel very comfortable on campus. While walking around, I always seem people I know and usually everyone is very friendly. There is not a lot of school pride at the U of R, or maybe there is, but I know that my friends and I know nothing about our sports. I think we are good at squash, and maybe soccer.

No, but it is fun to live in the cold weather for some time.

I would say that about half of my professors know my name, especially in the departments where I have taken a lot of classes. You have to study enough at UR, not too much, you can still have a life, but I guess that depends on your major.

That we like the cold! So not true, but we deal with it because we love Rochester and we love our friends.

Kristen

The best thing about Rochester is walking to class and seeing tons of people you know. Since it's a smaller campus, it's easier to get to know people and you always see them! I think the size is just right. I always am meeting new people, and I love it. When I say I go to Rochester, sometimes people think I mean RIT. NO! Others totally think I'm SO smart, which is also debatable some days! Most of my time on campus is spent in my room doing work or in class. They're not joking when they say UR students are always doing work! Area around UR is not that great...near the city. Rochester's administration is pretty good. I haven't interacted with anyone really other than the professors and coaches, but they all are wonderful. Biggest recent controversy was getting rid of "DDAY," a day devoted to getting drunk...it's just unsafe and not right for the school to okay it. There was not a lot of school pride when I started, but it's definitely growing, especially since our basketball teams are doing amazing! The sports are getting so much better! I'll always remember my freshman year. It was the best time of my life with the best people ever! So, the most frequent complaints are definitely about parking. It sucks here, plain and simple.

There are a lot of groups on campus and they are for the most part, all supported. I would say a student that felt out of place would be one that wasn't interested in doing work and learning. EVERYONE here wants to do well! Most students dress in sweats in the winter because it's so cold. But once the sun peeks through EVERYONE is outside on the grass or playing frisbee or football, wearing skirts and flip flops. It's the greatest time of the year! I would say most UR students are from NY state. Other than that, there's no real demographic. Most people here are middle class to upper middle class or even higher than that. People walk around wearing Uggs and North Face jackets constantly. I don't think students are huge on the politics thing. Students are concerned with their future more than I've ever seen!

Most of my professors know my name, but it's harder when you're in intro level classes that are huge. Favorite class was Speaking Stones in the Mt Hope Cemetery, where we toured and learned about the people buried there. It was amazing, not creepy as you may think. We researched people and did presentations. Chemistry classes are the worst here...they are HARD! MANY intellectual conversations go on outside of class, everyone here is so smart. Students are not competitive here, I don't believe. I am a philosophy/pre-law major and I love all the professors in the department. They are all always willing to help you with anything! I don't really see them outside of class or office hours. Rochester's academic requirements are amazing. The clusters are great to do and choosing your own plan is so much better! The education here couldn't prepare you more for the real world.

Frats are huge if you're freshmen or sophomores. After that, they become kind of boring! Basketball is huge here, but football not so much. On freshman halls students leave doors open and interact a lot. Dating scene is fun...but meeting someone usually takes place at frats or parties. Closest friends were from sports teams and working in the gym. If I'm awkae on a Tuesday that late, I MUST have an assignment due! People party Thursdays and Saturdays for sure. Fridays are kind of slow. Off campus is great if you want to eat. Restaurants here are insane. I swear Rochester has more restaurants than anywhere in the world!!

Some stereotypes about UR is that everyone here is Jewish or Asian....which is not true! Sure, I know a lot of Jewish people and Asians, but it's not a hugely diverse campus as some may think. Also, this school is not only good for people looking to go into medicine. Engineering, philosophy, history, and music are all amazing here.

Shelby

I mentioned before that I though we were laid back. There are activities on and off campus, groups etc. but for the most part we just are, and this is probably a function of being indoors for much of the school year--it causes us to rarely do any campus wide activities.

to be brief, the classes are above average. Class is class, but lectures on the whole are interesting and pertinent. Most if not all my professors know who I am, and are willing to meet with me whenever I need to.

To be honest I'm not really sure. I'd say we are pretty laid back though

Jesse

I love UR, but it's probably not for everyone. Coming from a very small high school, I did not want to go to an enormous university. To me, Rochester felt big when I first got there and didn't know anyone, but now by junior year I rarely go somewhere without seeing someone I know. And yet it's not so small that everyone gossips about everyone and you never meet new people. For me, it's just right! People in the Rochester area seem to have an inflated view of UR, and often react with "wow so you're really smart" when you say you go here. People from the rest of the world often haven't heard of it. There is currently no "college town" and most people hang out on campus, but they're trying to create a college town across the Genesee, so that will be really cool if it actually happens. School pride is not the kind where everyone shows up at football games (no one does really) but that's not to say people don't have any. (Guys) basketball games tend to get a better turn out (maybe because they're inside, maybe because the team has been really good recently). And people were school logo ALL the time.

Rochester is not the most diverse campus, but that's not to say there's no minorities. The different minority groups do tend to hang out in their own groups so there's not a ton of inter-racial mixing, but there's definitely not an attitude of racism or anything like that. In terms of socio-economic status, there is very little awareness. I have friends who are very very rich, and friends who are from working-class families, and no one seems to care at all. I was surprised when I got here how little political activism there is here. Like most schools there is a very vocal left-wing, but they rarely do more than talk, and there is definitely a conservative population as well, and plenty of people are friends with people of differing political viewpoints. People generally wear jeans on campus, and sweatpants are common as well. In winter UGG boots are everywhere (ick) but they are convenient in the snow and salt, if ugly. Students here are not especially fashionable.

I love Rochester because students are, in general, pretty smart, but no one brags about it or acts competitive at all. Thats definitely a benefit over big-name schools like the Ivy's, people want to do well, but not at the expense of their friends. Honestly, I think I've participated in less than 5 "intellectual" discussions in my time here. I distinctly remember the first one, the spring of freshman year a bunch of us ended up talking about philosophy and religion for many hours into the night, and were then really excited that we had finally done something so "collegey." There are TONS of freshmen who are pre-med bio majors (pre-med is not a major of its own). By junior year, there are significantly fewer. The stereotypical progression is pre-med to econ to psych. I know several people who have made exactly those changes in their major. With all the people who think they want to do bio at the beginning, the intro bio and chem classes are pretty big. Of course, most all of the science classes I have taken thus far have workshops as well, so in addition to 3 lectures a week you have a 2 hour timeslot where you meet in small groups with an undergrad TA and generally do problems. Now all the science professors love these and constantly tell us how educational research shows how great they are, and it's true you often do learn a lot more in workshop than lecture, but they are usually in the evening and kind of painful to go to. College literature often emphasizes small class size and not having students as TAs, but it's really kind of nice to have someone not so intimidating you can ask questions and complain about the professor to in workshop. It's also a really good job/resume booster for people who did well in the class. If you get a 4 or a 5 on the AP biology test you can take an alternative freshman biology sequence, which I did and although the first semester is fairly difficult it was very interesting. The professor, Dr. Platt learned everyone's names within a few weeks (over 100 people). I had him again for biochemistry and he again, new the 250+ students' names. I got a job working as a dishwasher at the beginning of freshman year, which was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I have continued working there, moving my way up to doing research, and I adore the professor and everyone else at the lab. There is an annual lab holiday party at the professor's house, and I've gone out to lunch, the movies, and a bar with them on various occasions. I have not done this with any of my other professors, although I think people who are TAs for professors get to know them pretty well too. The school likes to brag that the only required class is the writing requirement, CAS 105, which is true. That was probably one of my least favorite classes ever, but I know some people who have taken fun ones too. Basically it depends on the professor and topic, because there are a lot to choose from. Prepare yourself for lots of BS writing assignments in that though. The whole cluster system for a liberal arts education is actually really cool. The college is divided into 3 groups: social sciences, natural sciences, and humanities. To graduate, you have to have a major, a minor, or a cluster in each of those groups. A cluster just consists of 3 somewhat related classes. I started a cluster in linguistics, which I knew nothing about, and now I'm minoring in that. Out of all the classes available in those groups, usually people can find three that interest them.

The vast majority of my close friends lived on my freshman hall. Actually they lived on the floor above me, which I basically adopted as my own. I think a lot of people remain friends with their freshman neighbors, although you also make friends in classes and activities and at parties. Freshman year the frat quad is the place to be Thursday-Saturday nights. That being said, I think I have been to the frat quad less than 10 times in 3 years. There are plenty of things to do and people to hang out with if you're not into the drunken party scene. You just have to look a little harder. After freshman year people tend to have suite-parties more and it gets a little weird to go to the frat quad all the time if you're not friends with the brothers. The school has $2 movies playing in an auditorium Friday and Saturday nights throughout the year which are sometimes really popular. There are usually a couple big concerts each year, and often you can find people singing and playing guitar in the coffee shops on weekend nights. I think the biggest off-campus activity for a lot of people is restaurants, although there are a lot of bar-parties as well, where groups rent out a bar on a weeknight and they run shuttle buses. Generally though, we tend to stay on campus. In the fall Meliora weekend is alumni weekend, homecoming weekend, and parents weekend all in one. There are tons of performances and speakers and activities and it's a little overwhelming but pretty cool. There's also Yellowjacket weekend which is one of the first weekends in the fall, right at the end of orientation, and there are carnival rides and games and fried dough and they give out free school spirit t-shirts which are very popular. In spring there's the infamous D-Day (D stands for either dandelion or drunk, depending on who you talk to). There used to be carnival rides and a concert and stuff, but the school is really cracking down so there are no rides anymore, and there are rumors of getting rid of it all together. The main focus of the day for most students is drinking, starting from early in the morning and going all day long. The school getting rid of things is not going to cut down on the drinking, although it does make it less fun for those of us who are not.

overachievers, not very attractive (especially girls)

Robin

the dining plan sucks... the size is perfect if you're looking for a place where u can go anywhere and at least recognize someone if not know someone .. you really need a car to get off campus, but you don't really need to get off campus...and i guess the cool "rochester" things to do are all accessible by bus... school spirit is building, but not completely there yet..

while we do have a large part of the student body who pays a great deal to their studies, we still have fun, and if you want a party, you can always find one

The poli sci dept. is great! It had a lot of opportunities for students to get really cool internships, like at the EU or in Congress.

dorky.. don't go out on weekends... ugly (so not true!) ... all pre-med...

University of Rochester administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.