University of Rochester

« See more reviews of University of Rochester

Academically rigorous, research focused and prepares well for graduate school, not career oriented, amazing resources if you take advantage of them, students are competitive academically, but will motivate and are willing to assist peers, group collaboration is encouraged, social life typically revolves around the library or campus community events, unless involved in greek life (which isn't very prominent on campus), not a very sports enthusiastic university.

What season? Winter season it is a white and snow covered wonderland, but can stay white for many months. It has that hard to describe college feel-the library stands tall at the center of campus, the buildings look like places where I would go to learn, the ivy helps that feel as well. It really is a beautiful campus by any rate, winter or no winter.

Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester, is the one of the friendliest places for the new musicians of this country, and also for foreigners who decide to pursue a carreer in the United States. It is one of the most supportive and caring music schools in the whole world.

To me, if you come to our school in the early fall or late spring you will think that you have just stepped on an ivy campus. The buildings are old brick surrounded by beautiful landscapes along a river.

I think the school motto describes itself perfectly when it says ever better, because students and faculty are always trying to improve the school, and therefore, themselves every year.

The University of Rochester: the place to go for an overpriced experience of great professors, lots of snow/rain, a diverse, generally friendly group of students, and awful food.

My school has an extremely welcoming environment that provides ambitious students with the necessary tools they need to succeed.

I am an open friendly intelectuall and creative person who enjoys my studies and the outdoors and live spiritually.

The Eastman School of Music is truly the best school out there for becoming a strong, and diversified musician.

The University of Rochester is a very open-minded place that is highly focused on research.