University of Rochester Top Questions

Jeffrey

Research and academics

Marissa

The University of Rochester is probably best known for its music and medical programs. The Eastman School of Music is well known across the country for its extensive programs, knowledgeable faculty, and opportunities to fully develop the musical gifts of undergraduates. The medical school is also fairly well known, especially in the greater Rochester area, because it has connections to the Strong Memorial Hospital.

willie

D-Day. Drinking Day. Or Dandelion Day, as the administration tries to call it. It's a giant party on the main quad, with live music, a great vibe, and people outside of the libraries. It's a good time, even if you don't drink.

Eric

Academics. Academics. Academics. This is a school full of very intelligent people with a highly estemeed faculty. You're most likely going to have to work but in the end the return will be well worth the effort.

Casey

The University of Rochester is best known for its close ties with Strong Memorial Hospital. It is also a place of much scientific research, demonstrated by the OMEGA laser at the Laboratory for Laser Energetics.

Ashanna

My school is best known for the outstanding technological majors and providing students with a great education in these majors. Anyone in the job market kows of the reputation the University of Rochester has of sending capable people into the workforce. I have to say their well-known for Engineering another reason why I chose to attend this school.

Barron

Discovering the HPV vaccine and being an excellent research school. Recently we succeeded in beating MIT the reigning champions at "Battle of the Brains" a competition for computer science oriented students. We also have an extremely prestigious music school that when I last checked was registered at number one in the nation.

Michelle

My school is best known as a research university, although it is also the prominent school for Optics, and has many pre-Med and psychology students.

Claudia

It is probably best known for it's prestigious science departments (great school for anyone wanting to go into medicine) and political science department (one of the top in the nation). It is also very well-known for being a New Ivy League (listed in Newsweek).

Rochester is best known for its science and engineering programs. It has some of the top research facilities in the country. However, its liberal arts programs - though less well known - are also very strong. Many people associate Rochester with harsh winters. While it is true that the winters are long and snowy, the winter weather is not much different than anywhere else in the northeast.

Jazmine

The Eastman School of Music is known for it's elite training of gifted and talented musicians.

Ian

The school is best known for the research professors and alumni who take major roles in society after they graduate.

Sylvia

My school is best known for being a small research university that comes up with really cool things. We came up with the HPV Vaccine, we have the best optics program in the United States, and one of the best Political Science programs in the world. We also have an amazing Religion program, and we can take classes at the Eastman School of Music, the best music conservatory in the country.

Leana

research and gorgeous campus