University of Rochester

« See more reviews of University of Rochester

Yes and no. It is hard, but if you work hard and do your best it is definitely doable. Also one of the great things is balance of studying and having fun; at Rochester we truly have the perfect balance.

For about half the student body these stereotypes are accurate, but everyone can find their niche somewhere on campus through the wide array of extracurriculars Rochester has to offer.

I think that there are a lot of rich kids who are not experienced to a lot of things. I think that Rochester athletics are not given the credit they deserve most of the time.

I wouldn't say my stereotyping is accurate for everyone, because a lot of people who come here are assholes themselves and they get along just fine with everyone else.

I wouldn't say that we are nerdy, but paying $47,000 a year, we are serious about studies. We do use tunnels, but when the weather is nice, EVERYONE is outside.

while we do have a large part of the student body who pays a great deal to their studies, we still have fun, and if you want a party, you can always find one

somewhat, yes. however every student is not like that, but many are and should expand their social lives to gain great life experiences

As I said, we don't really have stereotypes. The description I gave above is pretty accurate, otherwise I wouldn't have written it :P

In general and to a large extent, no. It might apply to only a very small percentage of certain parts of the school population.

No they are not accurate. I know of people who got into scholls such as Harvard and Columbia, who chose to come here.