University of Rochester

« See more reviews of University of Rochester

Social life around finals is haggard and potholed. however, it all depends how much work you have and how social YOU are. mostly everyone will make time to hang with their friends, but usually people do their work...or slack off for a few months and do it last minute. As a whole, the student body does pretty well for itself, but its divided into two halves: the studystudystudy, and the people treating college as an experience

The social life at Rochester is what you make of it. Getting involved is very easy to do, but some people don't. As a freshman, you become very close with your hall and they become very fast friends. There are weekends every season for the campus to enjoy, such as Meloria Weekend, Dandelion Day, and Winterfest.

Most (all) parties are thrown by fraternities or sororities. Unless you have a close group of friends or know tons of people on campus, it's hard to find parties outside of greek life, they can get old fast. But then again, you can always count on them to show you a thurs/fri/sat night filled with alcohol!

I was on the Dive team, and it was really overwhelming. I found I was spending 30+ hours doing something for the team. Since U of R is a D-III school, i thought it was a bit extreme. I felt really comfortable around my dorm, and if i was in my room the door was always open. (I had a very social floor)

Soooo may activities and social events! One thing I love about this school is the fact that it is not a party school. Sure there are plenty of drinkers/partiers, and if that is what you want, believe me you'll find it. But there are just as many people who don't drink often, or at all.

There really is an endless amount of activities/clubs to join or participate in. There is always something going on on campus. Athletic events are fairly popular, espescially our men's basketball, however theater, speaker, and entertainment are just as prevalent and popular on campus.

There is always so much to do on friday and saturday nights... student preformances are probably the number one thing happening, and if that's not happening you will find something to do... whether it be hanging out with friends on or off campus or doing the stereotypical college party.

Sports teams don't receive very much attention on campus, though this has been changing recently. All the standard college type clubs, singing groups, dancing groups, club sports, martial arts, political interest groups, volunteer networks, etc...

It is what you make of it. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved and plenty of things to do - just find something you're interested in and try it out! There's something for everybody.

Most people don't leave campus much, especially if they don't have a car, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. It means there are always people around campus, and it makes campus more lively.