University of Saint Joseph Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Saint Joseph

Jamiyah

I love attending the University of Saint Joseph. I would recommend the school to any High School Freshman unsure of where they would like to go. The university is so diverse and so involved of outside news. We support every and anyone in our community. Our University is definitely not the biggest but there is so much to do outside of the campus. Less than 10 min away is blue Back square and west farm mall.

The University of Saint Joseph has already taught me so much about life. I am definitely the odd one out, many of my friends went to colleges that were less focused on academics and more on partying but I am so glad that I chose this beautiful little school.

Oluwaseyi

University of Saint Joseph is a great school for someone entering the field of healthcare such as Nursing. Based on the reviews from my counselors, peers who are students and visit, I strongly believe that the school will provide me with the necessary skills to have a successful career. With smaller class size and it considered to be one of the best Nursing programs in Connecticut, University of Saint Joseph is to me, a wise investment.

Victoria

It's nice if you are looking for a quiet, calm experience. It is neatly tucked away in a small area filled with a lot of green. Class sizes are small so the professors know your name and you get a lot more help, at the expense of more diversity in culture.

Justine

Most professors I have talked to are easy to access and are understanding. There are plenty of options for food in the cafeteria. one of the options for food is someone who cooks and it is personalized to how you want the food. Although I do not think they are that much of an option for people who are vegans.

Sasha

I appreciate the efforts that the staff exemplifies in trying to push me to go furthur in school. I was nervous starting my first year there but many of the students and staff members reassured that I will do fine as a new student. Though I do believe that there are some communication errors in some cases as in class room meeting and so on, I have learned to adjust and work with some of my fellow classmates.

A very small, but comfortable university. Some of the general education requirements are a bit much, but overall the education is very good. Professors are very accessible outside of class. There are many clubs and sports to join. Overall, it has a lot more good things than bad.

Andrea

I really like the school, I have been attending from out of state through an online program, and the college faculty and staff are extremely attentive and helpful. I have emailed and been responded to within two days two of my professors with questions about the class, and have been in contact with the financial aid department countless times with great results!

Alexus

Its a pretty good school, just nothing to do for free time

Grace

I think it is hard to make connections when you do not live here. It is not really convenient for students who commute and the events are normally later at night. It is a small school, so there are limited times to take certain classes. Only negatives about this school.

Toneisha

The school did not meet my overall expectations as far as decorum. I was expecting more for the tuition rate. However, the fact that the classroom are intimate and offer more of a personal setting to truly engage with professors I find outweigh the latter disappointment.

Shaniyah

I feel that USJ has really helped me branch out. I came into school a shy girl but am currently a junior who has been networking on and off campus. I became an orientation leader after my first year, joined the honors program, presented at symposium day, I held 3 on campus jobs, played on the women's basketball team and made deans list every semester so far! This year I will also be presenting research at a psychology conference in Boston and a Honors conference in Albany. I also became a middle school girls aau basketball coach and started an off campus job at community mental health affiliates. I do not think that I would have made all the connections or had the opportunities I have if it were not for USJ.

Claudia

The faculty and students really make this school great. Upon transferring, I found it easy to get involved with clubs and meet people in my program. Everyone is very supportive of one another which makes the classroom and campus an inviting place to be whether you live on campus or commute.