University of San Diego Top Questions

Jannessa

San Diego has a great anthropology program.

Corinne

Emphasis on study abroad opportunities, small class sizes, location, beauty of the campus.

Philip

The location of my school. It is located near the beach and downtown San Diego.

Harmonie

University of San Diego is in one of the most beautiful and diverse cities I know. The Spanish architecture along with San Diego's warm climate makes it one of the most beautiful and desirable campuses. Also, USD has small class sizes which is very nice. All the professors are easily accessible for help. And, students are very friendly so it is very easy to get study groups together.

Yvonne

I really like how the school is separated into six different colleges. This really gives me a feel of a small college because I would be really familiar with the students around the school. In addition, I like how the school has certain courses located at certain specific areas, so if you choose a course around that subject, you'll bound to have that course in that specific area. It helps with planning classes.

My school has a marine science program, and has a strong focus on field-based studies. It is also located on a beautiful campus. They offered my the most money, so I chose to attend USD.

Jamie

College is what you make it. I had a fantastic experience at USD even though not all aspects were perfect, but I was able to be more involved with what I really loved and found to be valuable and was able to ignore some of which I did not find as desirable.

Kaitlin

The small size allows students to become familiar with all that the school has to offer, and with the teachers as well as other students.

Victoria

Because it is a private school the classes are smaller and the Professors are easily accessable and willing to help students. The school also allows a student to take interdiciplinary classes in order to study specifically what they may need for thier thesis etc. Everyone I have delt with in various departments has been very helpful and friendly. You don't just feel like a number. As an added bonus the campus sits on a hill overlooking the SanDiego Bay-it really is a georgous campus to attend school..

David

My school has a unique amount of accredited and qualified professors. Unlike like other schools I considered, the University of San Diego has few classes led by unknown staff members or inexperienced graduate students, and I personally have only been taught by professors thus far.

Olivia

I am currently enrolled at Cuyamaca college; however, I wouldl like to recieve my masters degree from Univerity of San Diego. I Think Cuyamaca College is unique because it has the best American Sign Language Department within the San Diego Community Colleges. I was not aware of Deaf Culture until I enrolled here at Cuyamaca College. Being a student here has been a blessing, The classes are small, the teachers are nice, and the school is made up of so many cultural backgrounds such as Chaldians, Africans, Hispanics, Muslims, and so much more. I am very grateful.

scott

University of San Diego offers a very distinctive and unique college experience compared to the other universities in the country. The campus with the combination of the weather of San Diego creates a very optimistic and lively feel on campus. Students here look and dress very well for college students. Fraternities and soroities have a force on campus, but non greek students find many ways to enjoy the weekend. Small class sizes offers students more time, focus, and dedication from their professors.

Melissa

My schools location. I lovw San Diego and the school is ten minutes to downtown and ten minutes to the beach.

Ginna

It is a beautiful campus! San Diego has ideal weather! Its 15mins away from home =) Class size is about 25 at most. It's Catholic, has a Chapel and Church on campus!

Brittani

n/a

Danielle

This school does not have large lecture halls. Each class has probably no more than 40 students, which makes it very easy to get to know your professors, and for them to get to know you. This allows for more focused, individual attention, particularly on projects. It also allows the students to develop a relaationship with their professors, which is beneficial, particularly when they are in need on letters of recommendations.

Alexandra

This is the prettiest campus you will lay eyes on.

Kiera

The classes are very small and the facilities are excellent. I chose this school because the science building was so well-equipped with instruments many undergraduates don't even get to see, the professors are very student-oriented, and I heard that the classes were demanding. I think that each student gets alot of personal attention here.

Hieu

The unique thing about UCSD is that it is very academically focused on careers in science so if you are leaning towards the science field it is a great school. Plus the campus is beautiful and you're right across from the beach.

Katelyn

I believe that the location as well as the beautiful campus are USD's unique aspects compared to other schools.

Jadea

It's beautiful and set on top of a cliff where you can see the ocean right outside your window

Danielle

the small class sizes, the location in relation to the beach, city, suburbs, and Mexico. Also, the campus was a different size from most of the other schools I considered

John

The location and the amount of students from different parts of the nation.

Heather

The location.