University of San Francisco Top Questions

What are the most popular classes offered?

Alexandria

Death and Dying is probably the most popular class offered on campus. It is taught by Prof. Nate Hinerman. The class is rumored to be phenomenal, and most everyone tries to take it for their Theology core but it's pretty competitive to get a spot. Many students who have taken the class say that it has helped them cope with death, fear of death, and/or changed their perspective on this aspect of earthly life. Prof. Hinerman is a great teacher, extremely eloquent and very energetic about the classes he teaches. He assigns a lot of reading, but he understands not everyone will get through them for each class. He focuses more on his students ability to walk away with a better understanding of the topic and how it applies to their life.

???

Sometimes I feel like I can't go two feet without running into a business major, so I would guess that the business and economics classes are some of the most popular. A close second would definitely be the International Studies classes. There is a huge, overwhelming, almost lemming-like craze for International Studies at USF!! Psychology and communications classes are also pretty popular (and have a reputation for being relatively easy). Speaking from the perspective of someone in the art department (which, by the way, is composed almost entirely of females), I would say that, overall, there is a dearth of creative types on campus. The art classes are probably among the least popular courses at USF.