University of San Francisco Top Questions

Tania

Remember that time you thought you wanted to go to a Cal State because that's the only place you thought you could blend in? Think again. Don't limit yourself. Reach further, and don't ever feel like your skin, gender, orientation, or financial situation are in charge of your success. YOU are in charge of your future. You are the sole proprietor of what's to come. You are so precious, and nothing that anyone can say is going to change that. A college education is so valuable, so worthy, that there is no time to doubt, second guess, or be afraid of making the jump. You are going to achieve great things, so don't look back now.

Dear Mary, It’s been 4 years since you decided to USF. Turns out you accidentally ended up with the wrong degree. But that’s okay. Actually, a lot of things went wrong- like your freshman year roommate (don’t worry you moved) and that spin class ( I promise, you survived). So here’s my advice- throw yourself into everything, especially if you’re scared. Make friends with the professors, they will give you invaluable advice and make sure you stay on track. Stay up too late; don’t feel lame to call your mom. Even if tater tots for breakfast everyday sounds awesome, don’t do it. Get off campus, go get lost on MUNI (but don’t die). Talk to upper classmen; take classes that actually interest you, not just the easy ones. Most importantly, every single mistake you make- from stubbornly not switching majors to trying to work 3 jobs at a time, to somehow ending up at the top of Twin Peaks at 3am eating pizza and biscuits- will be totally worth it. This is how you learn the most about yourself. This is how you make incredible friends. This is how you grow.

Maria Fernanda

14089307714 Go visit your parents more, because they miss you terribly. It might not seem fun or interesting but it will give you perspective and time to take in the transition to college. Talk to your parents, because of all the adults that you'll meet they care the most about you and your physical and mental well being. Also as ridiculus as it sounds, don't date. College doesn't need such a serious emotional attachment so early on, only to see that everyone's busy and people are selfish. Get a JOB! It will help your parents out a lot and keep you on your toes and alet, instead of only focusing on school. Also talk to others and join more clubs to make friends instead of fucusing only on school because when you're way over your head and crying about the stupid mistakes you made in college, they will be there to calm and reasure. Enjoy the moments that you have because they might be more short-lived than you had initially thought.

Karla

Don't stress, everything happens for a reason and everything will turn out perfectly. You don't need to do what everyone else is doing, be yourself.

Today, countless teenagers across the nation are being pressured into a system that does not value their beings beyond numerical value. While I can’t speak for every single teenager that lives in the United States of America, I can speak based upon my own experiences and of my peers. Personally, I was never a straight A student. My mother feared that I would not be enough, so I was pushed into accelerated classes that I could not handle. That is one of my first pieces of advice: do not take challenging courses just because they will add sparkle to what seems to be a dull transcript. Excelling in regular courses looks better than failing in honors courses. Every student is different, so take what you can handle. In the end, if you put yourself in a situation that is too difficult, it will negatively affect you in multiple ways. Physically, all of those sleepless nights affect your productivity in the classroom. Mentally, you will feel drained and always on the edge. Emotionally, your self-esteem will decrease based upon your ability to excel in the same way other classmates do. I encourage you to shine at your own rate.

Forget what you think college will be like. Set down your expectations and just be open to whatever comes up. You can't predict every outcome, you can't have learned everything you'll need to know. Yes, you will make mistakes and wish you hadn't, but that doesn't make you a failure. College isn't studying 24/7 or partying nightly or being surrounded by friends or eating ramen day in and day out. College is college, you are you. The experiences you have shouldn't be judged as successful based on made-for-tv dramas. Any experience, any feeling is justified because you are living it and you are valid.

Choose a school that has your intended degree and possible back up degrees. Also keep in mind of the location of possible schools and the cost of attending and living. Overall, have open mind and embrace the experience that you are so lucky to take part in.

Don't go to University of San Francisco

Cristina

Firstly, I would tell myself as a high school senior to enter college with an open mind and to be read for a whole different life. I had a hard time adjusting to college life when I first came to the school. I found it extremley difficult to make connections with students and judged those around me without even knowing them. Once I began to have an open mind and love my routine things started to get much easier. College can be like high school, but only if you make it that way. Soon, I started getting involved with clubs on campus such as the school tv and radio, my college life and social life began to improve. I would also tell myself to not try to force relationships with people that I didn't really get along with. It may take time, but finding the people that you really vibe with is extremley important, because then you dont lose yourself. The most important part of college to me is being myself and expressing my creativity! I love the path I am heading on and cannot wait for the future!

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self, I would say that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and if times get rough, there is a reward at the end. The college transition was a little tough even though I didn't move very far from home. The reason it was tough was because I was put in an environment with all new people, and it isn't easy to always make friends. What I did was be open with everyone, and I am making a lot of great friends. I felt like giving up at times because I felt alone, but it eventually all worked out. I really enjoy being at USF because they make me feel welcome, and that I am part of a community.

Dear Rachel, I want to tell you that college is going to change your life. You're going to meet amazing people that you will hold in your heart forever. Yet, as most people they're not going to be perfect. Treat each person as you would want to be treated, ask questions because they're the ones with the answers. Never ever hate someone because hate is what will destroy everything you stand for. Regardless if they hate you first, hold your head high and never let your standards falter. I know our standards are higher than most standards because of our background. Not everyone is going to get that you don't swear, you don't drink, you don't listen to their music. But all that is not what college is about. Because they're going to love you and you're going to be great at everything! All you have to do is trust that everything is going to be just as it should and you're going to be the best in your field with a great team behind you.

Senior students are usually confident and excited for their last year of school and that's a good thing, but learning is not over yet. One may think that they know everything in his or her last year of high school, but there is an infinite amount to what one may know and learn. One of the most popular sayings that a graduate would pass on to a high school senior, is to start early. Paying attention to school, college applications, extracurriculars, and scholarships is a hassle. If you start early, then you wouldn't have to worry about cramming everything in at once. Going into college as a freshman isn't too fun. You know very few faces, and you're too shy to talk to anyone, but that happens to every single freshman in college. Within a week, you are guaranteed to make friends. Do not participate in any time-consuming activities until you are adjusted to your classes and your schedule. Many student make the mistake of diving right into extracurriculars. Little do they know, their schedules don't meet and there's always a test or essay the next day! Good luck!

Bridgette

Be open! There are so many new experiences and oppurtunities to be had in college that so many people shy away from. It's going to be rough at first-everyone scrambles to make friends the first few weeks, but soon you'll realize who your real friends are. Also, don't be afraid to join clubs, attend seminars and go to sessions teaching you things that may seem basic (how to write a resume, how to study effectively etc.). Even though some of those things may seem nerdy, they'll totally help in the long run, and you'll be the more successful student for it! Try to make a friend in every class, or at least an acuaintance. The day you're sick and miss class, you'll be glad you have their number to grab the homework. It's scary, exciting, confusing at times, but most of all the transition is fun! So enjoy the ride!

Frances

You have to put some actual effort into studying. This may seem obvious but to the AP student I was in high school, I never thought studying would become necessary. In my General Psychology class we learned that if you study lightly over long periods of time (say the info you learned in your first month - you study/review it once every week and a half), the information will stay active in your long term memory. This means you don't have to cram for that exam. (Yes, I rhymed)

I would definitely tell myself not to come to University of San Francisco. For anyone looking for the typical college life with a good mix of city life, this is far from it.

If you are undecided about your major, first go to a community college or state school to not waste money. You can always transfer to another school to get your degree.

Oh the things I would tell myself... I would tell myself to always remain humble and never let my confidence cloud my judgement. College is a time where every expecatation you have of yourself is challenged and every value is tested. Always keep an open mind, even if that means eating frog legs or taking a class with the infamous Professor McSweatyPits. The people you meet won't neccessarily be the people you would associate yourself with, but dig deep because you will be amazed by the common interests you both share. Don't be disappointed by the college experiences your friends are having because their pictures may seem like they are having the grandest time while you're studying for a midterm, but they have their fair share of struggles too. It's okay to feel lost and in need of comfort because I still do. Don't lose sight of your dreams when people question the reality of them. If there is one thing we need in this world are people that have a dream and are hopeful to pursue it. So never ever give up. Hang in there kiddo.

Corinne

Some of the advice I would give my “senior” self would be to stress less. Before going to college all I was doing was worrying and being anxious about the anticipated change. I was worried about if I was going to fit in, how hard classes were going to be, how living away from home would be different and so on and so on. I now know that I was not the only one with these concerns. I would remind myself that I was not the only one with these concerns and that every new college freshman was experiencing the same concerns. I wasn’t alone with my worrying and stressing. I would also tell myself that getting involved with your education and your campus can make all the difference. It will allow you to know your teachers and your fellow students better by making connections with them. Getting to know your professors will help you with your course work and will encourage greater success. Making connections with your peers will help you be aware of your campus more and allow you to make new friends.

Gen

Save up all of the money you can-whatever thought was vaulable to spend on in high school probably wasn't. There is so much cost to the freedom of college life it's best to be financiall prepared. And getting a job in high school won't kill you. Work only a few hours a week and over summer break, but work-don't go to college with an empt bank account.

Pursue your interests - even if they seem nerdy or odd to you - and you will make friends. Although it's good to try new things, you will find people who are most compatible to you by participating in activities that you are passionate about. College really isn't the place to try to be someone you're not - here, you can be who you are and still feel accepted. Yes, some people wear designer clothes all the time, but as many people or more wear sweats and jeans. You don't need to force yourself - things will work out naturally.

Jonell

I would tell myself to make more friends in my major. I went in trying to make friends in my dorm, which did not end very well. I feel this is mainly because the only commonality between us was our living arrangements. Once I made more friends in my major, I was happier, and had more people who understood my workload and stress levels. I also had more people to study with, and a closer network to build from.

Beverlee

Every event in life challenges us to become a stronger and better person. For every failure or success, there is a new potential born in every individual. If I had the opportunity to impart wisdom on my high school senior self, I would tell her to make choices for herself and to trust in her heart. As a teenager, I wanted to make my family proud of my achievements, but what I did not realize is that the most important thing in life is to be proud of yourself and to make decisions based on your happiness. I would also tell myself not to fear failure. Failure is a natural occurrence in life, and it teaches us to be successful later. Failure does not have to be a negative occurrence, and it can teach us how to expand our mentality. Furthermore, decide what educational institution you would most like to study at. No matter where you study; the experience is as great as what you make it out to be. Make the most of your life and look towards the future with enthusiasm.

I would tell myself to not worry so much about how different it will be. Also, that while yes being away from home is scary and new, it is also a new adventure in life that is worth the risk of moving outside of the comfort zone. It’s easy to make friends; just leave the dorm door open, hang out in the lounge and join as many clubs as possible to meet new people. The sky is the limit in college, you can be who you want to be and do what you want to do, so don't let fear keep you from living life to its fullest. In high school I let petty fights and fears keep me from doing things I loved. So just be yourself like you are most of the time able to do and don't let anyone keep you from doing so. You are you plain simple. Like I say to myself and everyone else almost everyday now, be fearless.

To whom it may concern, I have my life back. I never dreamed that I would have completed a college degree and be a productive member of society again, but I have and I am. My interests in attending USF are many. I want to follow my dreams and continue my education in attaining a bachelor’s degree in public administration. I am currently employed in a public agency and this degree, I believe, will help to further my career, provide for better financial gain, and more importantly, allow me to grow along a personal level and be an inspirational example to others. Instead of hanging with the wrong crowd and partying, I need to recognize the truth and importance of listening to my elders. Do college now, while you are young and it will pay off beyond your wildest dreams. It will make your life richer, fuller, more complete, and most likely increase your earning potential down the road. Going to school will also allow you to have more choices in your life later on. I went down the wrong road and ended up being homeless for eight years. I made it back: don't hestitate any longer.

Learning about myself is the most important thing I have gotten from being in college. Although I live close to my campus, I'm lucky enough to have parents that were willing to let me dorm. College is undoubtedly expensive and being able to live on campus is a constant reminder for me to work harder in school and not let my parents' money go to waste. In high school, I didn't know that I was capable of working as hard as I do now. Had I not attended college, I would have never known my capabilities as a student and ultimately as a person. College is a humbling experience. I appreciate my parents even more and constantly thank them for giving me this opportunity whenever I can. Before I went to college, things that were deemed simple to people, were challenges to me. I had never taken public transportation because I always had a car but ultimatley learned. Simple "challenges" like these have made me learn real life situations and has made me stronger as a person. Little things that come with the college experience are things that I would have never been exposed had I not went.

I have gained a global perspective on education and the world around me. Living in an international city allows one to be exposed to such immense, rich culture and to truly emerge one's self into the atmosphere. every aspect of the University of San Francisco education utilizes the surrounds and resources the city offers. The small school setting within a large city provides a prime incubation for a strong student who will develop into a strong world citizen. I believe that the most valuable part of the education I am receiving is the opportunity San Francisco, CA offers married to the support and guidance USF provides.

In my family intelligence and knowledge are highly prized, however college is often looked at as a drain on finances that yields more skills on how to pass a test than on how to think critically in the “real world”. Switching from homeschooling to attending Running Start at South puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) was one of the best decisions of my life, and I feel that continuing that education will be something I too will look back on as a great decision. Homeschooling taught me the fundamentals of education very fast! Because of my abundance of extra time I would read books for hours on end from a very young age. Even though my mind wandered through books that could take me on a journey far away from my house I never realized just how much is out there until I entered a college environment. I realized how much more there is to the subjects I had studied than I was ever exposed to. When I set foot inside SPSCC I was quickly made to understand that there is so much out there that I haven’t studied, and even more that has yet to be discovered!

I am a single mother, who never finished college the first time I started in 2000. I am going back to college to finish my credits so that I can become a certified teacher to better my future and my child's future.

Qingqing

the condition in California fits great for my major, and I learnt a lot from my professors. Managing my time is actually the most important thing I learnt in college. College is not like high school, it asks you to plan for your own life. It is going to be an important skill for the rest of your life to be a good time manager. To finish more things in less time is the best thing I learnt and it feels GREAT to get life under controll!

Renee

The University of San Francisco is campus well-known for its cultural background. By attending this school I have been able to learn about other cultures, but I have also learned about my own. Many of the students attending are also trying to learn about their histroy which makes it a very easy learning environment. The teachers are very helpful and take the time to help their students on a flexible schedule. The school organizes many events to get to know the teachers on a personal level and it allows the teachers to get to know each of their students. The school has allowed me to expand as a personal and mature as an adult without the feeling of being rushed. It is a great campus that is in the heart of the city but still has a safe environment.

The first day of college was a complete nightmare. I wanted to head straight back into high school. People looked at me with disdain as I mumbled that I lived "off-campus", and that I lived in San Francisco. No one wanted to befriend me, the loser who lived with her parents. Even my professors seemed distant and unfriendly. To be blunt, I disliked college with a burning passion. But after those first few weeks of torture, I slowly began to ignore the unjustice being served to me. Instead, I went and seeked better friends - friends who wouldn't judge me based on where I lived. I researched my professors for next semester, so that I'll have a more enjoyable experience in college. I still currently live in my identity crisis: What am I going to do in life? I was so confident as a senior in high school - now I feel like a nobody. College life is extremely valuable though. It's a time where you do try to find yourself, a time to decipher who's going to be your life-long friends, and mostly how to handle problems by yourself. USF offers all these opportunities.

Alihaider

Alot of people experience alot of things when they start something new or are about to end something. For me my experiences have lead me to believe that i can finally become someone. I learned so many things that i didn't know i could have done before. Some of the subjects i didn't like in highschool became some of my favorite subjects in college. I learned that in real world you have to try at your max and even better to achieve the goals you set for yourself. I learned that you have to stand on your feet to get anywhere and not always ask for support. It has been valuable to me because with all these experiences and new learnings that i will use in future all come from college. It is of a great value to attend college because with the same education you are trying hard in is going to get you somewhere in life in your future. I want my future to be bright so i am trying my hardest and i will always try as much as possible to accuire more education.

Ricardo

What I have received from my college experience is quite fascinating. I transitioned my mentality from relying on my peers and family to remind me to do things that are essential for me, to becoming independent and self motivated. I learned that self motivation is essesntial in college. That motivation is what for me, allows me to do my assignments,projects, and even put the effort to study for my exams and classes. The college experience is one the best experiences one can have and I believe the time I have spent in it has been valuable because I am actually doing something with my life that will pay off in the very near future.

Tania

What I have gotton out of my college experience is to connect with different people of my age and major. It was valuable to attend college because you learn more than just school and educational things like math, english, and your major. But you also learn about social interactions and learning how to get out of your comfort zone. And that is what college does to you.

Yesenia

One of the most important things that I have gotten out of college is truly finding out who I am, and what I love to do. I came to realize that I love what I am studying and I can see myself studying for many more years to come. Not only studying but I have taken various activties and leadership positions. I truly do love to study and further my education and my knowledge. I want to be the very best I can be. I think it is vauable for me to continue attending to in order for me to continue to learn more about myself and my education. I want prove something to myself and show myself that even though it can be very difficult and points in time I can make it through. I have definitely gained a strong mentality for being on my own and working hard each day to make it through the different struggles in my life.

Tony

The University of San Francisco (USF) intends to "educate minds and hearts to change the world." Not only have I received a physics education, I've gained perspective of the struggles that others go through in this world. For instance, I had no knowledge of the struggles that many go through in prison; however, I was able to study the prison system and how it works in one of my classes. With my knowledge now, I feel that I'll be able to use my technical skills and contribute in making society a better place for future generations. USF has taught me that life isn?t about fame or fortune, but how I can shape the future for the rest of the world. The United States is the wealthiest nation in the world, and I wanted to optimist every resource it has in order to make not only itself better, but other countries as well. Two years ago, I would?ve only thought about getting just a job after graduation would mean success; however, I?ve solely believe that making the world a better place will define my success.

MONICA

The one thing that I have gotten out of college is that even though it is sometimes overwhelming and I am stressed out it still makes me feel good to know that I am the future and I can do it all with a degree in anything I love and its vaulable to me because I know that somebody would kill to be in my position so I have to take advantage of it while I got it and Im not going to just let this oputunaty pass me by. Im luck and I wouldnt give it up for the would.

feven

In my college experince I got alot to learn about my self and many things that i can improve my education. I learn that there is many open doors that a student can go to study and the school is more challenging and important. By taken any course you like, you will make a difference in the real world. The valuable of attending to college is that you get an opportunity to continue your education for far there more. Also, it is more helpful in your highest education.

Felicia

Just as I was used to living inside the High school campus, I was used to being spoon fed with all the requirements' deadlines and teachers' pity to us, the students. Because of that, I thought of college as an earthly hell. I did not know what to expect, knowing that college is a world where in decision making- everything is for you to decide. I still remember the first day I stepped inside my college, my knees were shaking, my eyes were dazzling all over the place, and my palms were constantly sweating. But when entered the room, everything seemed to be alright. I realized that college was the closest thing to the real-world scenario- I felt very independent! College to me is very valuable to attend, because It prepares you to situations you thought you could never deal with, it is like an 'all purpose glue'- it is made up in one, for everything you need. I learned how to value my money, through FAFSA's blessed aid, to value education as one of the most important requirements in life, and to use time sufficiently. School is definitely my second home.

I have gained a sense of purpose, confidence, and direction. Returning to school was a gigantic step for my family and me. My time with family has been the hardest sacrifice; however, there is a means to an end. Though it has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do, I wouldn?t change it for the world. There are times, I wish I would have graduated college before starting a family; other times though, I am grateful for waiting. I have a purpose now in life can truly appreciate and be thankful for having the opportunity for advancement. Now more than ever, I understand the value of a good solid foundation. Once I complete the course of study and pass the NCLEX, my career will be a life?s profession.

Attending a two-year community college was a great decision. Not only did it allow me to switch from a highschool mindset into a college one, but it also gave me an opportunity to think about what path I want to take as a career. It gave me the opportunity to focus, as well as gain valuable friends that I will take with me throughout life experiences. Attending college gave me the opportunity to grow as an individual, learn about others, and experience a vast amount of culture that I would not have experienced otherwise. Moreover, now that I am transferring to a four-year university, I will take this experiences with me and be able to make new memories and learn new lessons as I grow as an individual.

Alejandra

Out of my college experience while attending the University of San Francisco, I learned that having a solid studying habit is crucial. Also, the ability to have self control, knowing when to say no and knowing what your priorities is very important. During my first semester at USF I did not have good studying habits which did not help me recieve good grades on my midterms, but with perserverance and hardwork I learned to realize that it is possible to get passed those hard classes. It has been valuable attending the University of San Francisco because entering I had a passion to become a Veterinarian, however I decided to take a Physiology course with the help of the Dean Advisor who took the hold off for me, and with taking this course I realized that my calling was in the Nursing field and USF has an extremly good program, but also very competitive. With hard work and determination, as learned through my first semester at USF I know I will get accepted into the nursing program.

Eliana

I am a first generation college student from a Latino background. My name is Eliana Aguayo born from immigrant workers. As a student enrolled at the University of San Francisco, I am proud to say that my college experience has been satisfied. I would like to continue with higher education, but I am unable to afford it. When I first began my studies as a Pre-Med student at USF I joined numerous clubs on campus and extracurricular activities. My first year at USF was full of excitement, friends, good grades and an overall satisfaction. I have valued my university because of what it has to offer: small classrooms, student resources, safety and recreational activities. Unfortunately, I have searched for value in USF because of the tuition price of $50,000.00 a year. Although, I have enjoyed searching for activities at USF I hesitate to do anything less of excellent because of the tuition price. In my search to find the value of a $50,000.00 a year university I have succeeded. Once I become an Alumni of USF I plan to give back to the students who have faced a similar experience to mine.

Ilisha

I have learned what it means to be independant. Coming from a household with five other siblings has taught me getting through life is tough. It wasnt easy for my mother to make ends meet all the time and when it came to college and paying for it she wasnt able to do anything financially but she made up for it with the amount of support she was willing to give me. She always said "if you want something done, you have to do it yourself" and that was what really stuck with me. If I wanted to go to college, and get through it I had to be willing to put in the effort and time that would help me not only get there, but stay there. It hasnt been easy to learn how to support myself, without the help of my family always a room away, but it has taught me to value not only my family, but myself as well. I know I will achieve my goals if I work hard enough to get there.

Ronald

In high school, attending classes was mandatory, but the effort was not. I would advise anybody who wishes to go onto college to prepare for rigorous composition classes. This means taking an honors or Advanced Placement english class in the junior and/or senior year. I unfortunately did not challenge myself in taking such courses because of my fear of the workload. I now realize that I would have been more prepared for my college english class. It is essential to develop strong skills in written communication as early as possible. Fortunately, I am currently doing well in my class, but I still would like to have taken an AP course in english.

Bashir

I would tell myself to be open to trying new things and meeting new people, yet to maintain my priorities. Keeping in touch with family and friends is very important, and staying in touch with my roots will give me support. Also, schoolwork and health are the highest priorities. I would strongly encourage myself to open myself to other people, to be cautious of who I socialize and interact with regularly, yet to allow for others who I find special to get close. IUsing my resources and keeping an open mind for the tools and help provided to me by the campus and surrounding area would increase my chances of success.

The first piece of advice I would give myself would actually come from the words of my grandmother. I would imagine her with her Panamanian accent saying, " Just try everything, you have to try". Not until going through the process of applying and completing a semester in college have I realized how much that really means. I would tell myself to no matter how much I didn't want to, apply to places I would never consider becuase those have potential to be the best fitting. I would also tell myself that the summer before college will probably be the best ever becuase it is the last time to truly be close to everyone you love and I would live it to its fullest and do all the local things I would miss. Finally, I would tell myself that it will probably be the hardest thing I will ever do, but not to be afraid becuase by taking it each day at a time I would be okay.

I know you're just dying to get out of the house and out into the world. And with good reason too, college is amazing. It's every bit as amazing as you thought it would be . You get to be on your own, responsible for your own behavior, without your parents telling you what to do. You aren't accountable to anyone. But guess what? You have the rest of your life to be all of those things. And once you leave home, you take an undeniable leap into adulthood. And that's the beginning of the end of your adolescent life. So savor it. I know the prosect of leaving high school is delightful to you, but you won't ever get that same youthful energy back. Relish in the close-knit classes, even though now your classmates make you roll your eyes. In short, don't be too much of a rush to get to college. It's great, but so is high school. Remember that. Cherish all of these memories because believe me, you'll miss them.

Daniela

This is your last year! Make the best of it. Choose your friends wisely and stick with that group. Don't dwell on past mistakes, memories, regrets, because you can only move forward. When applying for college, please don't apply to anything but USF and SFSU, because you'll save more money, money you'll need in the future to buy books. Nursing is definitely your thing, so it's a terrific decision that will change your life! You're going to love the USF campus and transition quickly, so don't worry about anything. Live a carefree summer, but remember to buy your books earlier so you don't end up hunting for them last minute. Don't worry about your USF essay either; it's the perfect essay that the Admissions Board will love. You might want to study for the SAT harder if you want the scholarship though. I know you can do it if you study. Spend less time on facebook, because you'll live without facebook for a month. I know, because I've tried. Pray. Spend your time praying so God can guide you in your big and small decisions!

Be financially aware of the city/town where the educational institution that you want to attend is located. Vigourously look into the spirit and social climate of the college. Prepare yourself for the many different types of people you will most definately meet and embrace the diversity and different cultures that your fellow classmates will introduce you to. Embrace the opportunities to be yourself in a way that you might not of been able to in high school.