University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma Top Questions

Shalyse

The best thing about USAO is the IDS course everyone must take. Some IDS courses are team taught which makes them even more unique. Rather than having the regular General Education classes that you must take, we have IDS classes. IDS classes are better, in my opinion, because the majority of the professors that teach these classes have their doctorates and because of this we are in no way lacking in our need for higher education. I believe between the IDS courses and the professors teaching them, no one can leave here without a decent education.

Stormi

The size. You get to know people easier and your professors care more about you.

Although I am a city girl, and graduated from the largest high school in OKlahoma, I consider the class size as one of the best characteristics of USAO. The norm for general education classes is about 70 students. Within my major I have had classes with less than 10. This allows for a lot more one-on-one attention. The professors know every student by name. All of the students know almost everyone on campus. The professors push to challenge their students because they know what each one is capable of.

The best thing about my school is the fact that the school is small. There are enough students that you can easily make friends with diverse people, but at the same time there aren't too many people that there are a lot of cliches. There are also enough professors that the classes are on the smaller side but still have enough students that it doesn't make one student feel like they are on their own.