University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma

Chandler

The university is a very good school that makes me feel wanted, comfortable, and safe. I can approach any teacher or staff member at any time and they will try and help me the best they can. The school puts the students as their highest priority. The teachers always make sure that their students are prepared and know what is going on.

Alex

USAO is a very warm and inviting campus. Its small size and small classes means you know a bunch of people and make a bunch of friends. People here aren't hateful or judging and you can be who you want to be. This is a campus where you can really get involved in groups or easily make your own group! Usao is an amazing school and I really recommend it to anyone who is looking to go to diverse and comfortable school!

I really enjoy going to USAO. The College is small ,but I believe it to be a good thing. Walking around campus you always see a familiar face. Your main classes are small enough that you will be able to make great friends and study partners where it matters most. There is always a time for you to meet with your professors and they are more than happy to work with your schedule and make sure that you are aware of what's going on in the classroom.

This school is a wonderful place for those who want a hands on classroom experience with great staff and faculty, along with academics there is a wide variety of clubs and extracurricular activities to be seen, you will always feel safe, at home, and you'll never be without plenty of friends.

Emma

University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma has an excellent community filled with door-holders and do-gooders. The classes are small enough that they aren't intimidating but larger enough that there is still a sense of friendly competition. USAO has an excellent mix of art and academics so there is never a dull moment when it comes to extracurriculars. Overall USAO is a challenging and inspiring school where everyone has the opportunity to thrive.

Caitlyn

I had my future set and marked out to a tee. The college I wanted to attend was in reach and nothing was going to stand in my way of going there. But, like all plans for the future, there was an event that caused me to rethink everything. I never heard of the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma before I stumbled upon it at a college fair right after going on another college visit. A table at the end of the hall, covered in green and gold with the phrase, “College for the Curious Mind” captured my attention. USAO offers astonishing opportunities for students. There is a wide variety of clubs that anyone is free to join, noncompetitive sports teams and student activities weekly. The school keeps its students involve and allow students to express themselves freely. Science majors can take art courses, English majors can take math courses. The students aren’t limited in want they want to learn and explore. Professors keep up with the students and inform them when grades start slipping and when students start exceeding. The school offers a Student Success Center, for any students who needs help in a class there are tutors there all throughout the day. Choosing to go to University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma is one of the best decisions for my future. USAO is affordable for any student and offers fantastic programs. I know I will never fall behind or get left behind. The college takes care of their students and makes sure they get where they want in their future.

I like the environment and overall experience of just walking around campus and talking with the super helpful staff/alumni/current students! I am planning on going her in the fall and hope to enjoy my experience as much as my first impression. I haven't heard anything bad about this school and many have said that it is underrated.

DO NOT CONTACT ME

I really enjoy the school and the professors. The dorms are clean, but some have mold. The food is pretty good, but not amazing.I love the small town feel and beautiful campus. There are lots of clubs to join as well, all of which are interesting and easy to join.

Christian

This is a really great college to go to. The professors are available for any questions I have. The class sizes aren't too large, so I can always get help if I need it, and the tuition costs are cheaper than other colleges around here. The other students here are friendly and always willing to help if you need a hand.

Favour

It is a liberal university and it will expose students to many choices about life. It is university that is based on creating future leaders, scientist, engineers, physicists, etc in order to make the world a better place. Even though I just finished my freshman year it is a university I will recommend to anyone because of the small classes and often one on one interaction with the professors.

Jodie

I love this school. It is a beautiful campus with nice students, professors, and other faculty. In my option the best part of this school is there is a cat that lives in the library named Addison! She is there for emotional support for the students and faculty.

Arelia

There's not often talks about the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma, except for those who have attended or heard about the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma. This school, if you should know, was once a Women's College attending by performer Te Ata. I visited this school to get an overall idea of what kind of a school I would be attending for my Bachelors of Fine Arts (BFA) and overall I enjoyed it. The cost of tuition is affordable and the environment has a warm and humble feeling to it. They have chalk boards still! I was excited for that. (Don't judge, I'm a child of the 80s and 90s when chalkboards were still in existence before the white board). The University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma is heavily supportive of the visual and fine arts program by the school and largely the community. There is a largely historical vibe to the University and furthermore, the classes are small enough for an instructor to interact with their students. I intend on being part of the student body in the fall semester 2017 and though this is not commonly a known school, if you're on a budget, I recommend this school.

This University is deep in the arts and everyone is having a great time year round. The environment is calming, people are friendly and the professors are at your disposal. There is no shyness of people going out of their way to help you. Its a small town with a big heart. I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else!

Tommy

The University of Science and Arts, being a liberal arts college, was by far my most preferred college! The campus is a lovely place, greatly comprised of student made art and truly beautiful. The living quarters were truly amazing, very spacious and you had access to a great many things right from your dorm. Possibly the best thing of all was the affordability. The college is easily reachable and also offers a handful of scholarships for students that still aren't quite to the threshold. Truly the college is amazing, and I can not oversell it.

roshae

Its a great school with a nice environment and wonderful staffs.

Makayan

The University of Science and Arts is a great university if you are an art major, education major or science major. However, when it comes to other majors and their choice of hires, it is lacking. The campus is beautiful and the people are great and really supportive. One thing I do recommend is that if you are struggling with any kind of mental health issue do NOT rely on the on-campus counselor. I know from personal experience that phone calls, emails and tect messages will not be returned. Other than those couple of issues I have looved dmy time at the university.

Chandler

An amazing school to continue and advance anyone’s education. The faculty is a talented staff and the class sizes really make you feel like you matter. The sports are very exciting to watch, and the extracurricular activities gets you just as excited. One of the best liberal art school in the nation.